Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 pm 
Robert Walls

For interest's sake:

Simpson - Goddard - Marchbank
Thomas - Plowman - Newman
Cunningham - E. Curnow - Lang
Fasolo - C. Curnow - Gibbons
McGovern - Casboult - Garlett
Kreuzer - Kennedy - Cripps

That is our oldest (most physically mature), fit 18 players.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:44 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
Give Casboult a licence to bust as many packs with his knees as possible, accidentally of course, with a bit of luck, he might accidentally take out Billings, Gresham.... football is a tough business after all.

Yeah not sure why Casboult wasnt told to send DeBoer to hospital as part of their planning last week

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluechampion wrote:
For interest's sake:

Simpson - Goddard - Marchbank
Thomas - Plowman - Newman
Cunningham - E. Curnow - Lang
Fasolo - C. Curnow - Gibbons
McGovern - Casboult - Garlett
Kreuzer - Kennedy - Cripps

That is our oldest (most physically mature), fit 18 players.

Kreuzer and Casbout to tackle hard plenty of knees into ribs and kidneys.
Seriously at least the above team is a different approach and resting the fragile whom must be feeling the soreness, SPS, Walsh, Stocker, Dow & LOB are all skinny youngsters.
A balanced team is fine so that a few can be protected but too many exposed at the same time and one gets results like the GWS game.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
Charlie into the midfield replaced by Kerr up forward. He came as both an inside bull and a forward.

I think we need to try that - force Charlie to get his hands dirty and in the game.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
Like the Kangas, the Saints are a team who have an excellent recent record of putting the sword to us at the Depression Dome. With our young mids starting to look tired and our backline unsettled by injuries, I can’t see us winning this unfortunately.

Hopefully Thomas doesn’t get rubbed out, SPS is OK and Cunningham, Jones, Plowman & Simmo are available....

B: Plowman Jones Marchbank
HB: Simmo Weitering Newman
C: Walsh Cripps Thomas
HF: E Curnow McGovern C Curnow
F: Cunningham McKay SOJ

R: Kreuzer Dow Fisher

Inter: Gibbons, Setterfield, SPS, Stocker

In: Cunningham, Jones, Plowman, Simmo
Out: Murphy (inj), Casboult, Macreadie, O’Brien

I would try using Jones as the 2nd ruck from defence, with Marchbank, Weitering or Plowman rolling onto his man. The alternative is to use McGovern or McKay as 2nd ruck; if we go that way, personally I would experiment with McGovern in that role because Harry looks pretty hopeless in the ruck to me at this stage of his career.

Rather than bring in Kennedy, I would like to see the Curnow brothers used more regularly in our centre square rotations. Kennedy and/or Lang might get a game if SPS and/or Thomas are unavailable. It’s hard to see where Kerr fits in unless the MC think SOJ, Harry or Charlie need to be rotated out of the team. Kerr got to lick the ice cream on Saturday but I’m not sure his game translates to AFL success. At the very least, he gives us good KP depth.

Jones set to miss another couple of weeks according to Russell’s online injury update, so Casboult stays in.

Thomas only fined and Russell reckons SPS, Simmo, Cunningham & Plowman should be right :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Murphy Lob and macreadie out

Cunningham Plowman and Simmo in.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:09 am 
Geoff Southby

Not sure what the result will be but expecting one of those nasty, ill tempered games. Even with both murphy and jakey not playing.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Murphy Lob and macreadie out

Cunningham Plowman and Simmo in.

Yep. Hope so.
Curnow boys to the guts please.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:55 pm 
Bob Chitty

aboynamedsue wrote:
Like the Kangas, the Saints are a team who have an excellent recent record of putting the sword to us at the Depression Dome. With our young mids starting to look tired and our backline unsettled by injuries, I can’t see us winning this unfortunately.

Hopefully Thomas doesn’t get rubbed out, SPS is OK and Cunningham, Jones, Plowman & Simmo are available....

B: Plowman Jones Marchbank
HB: Simmo Weitering Newman
C: Walsh Cripps Thomas
HF: E Curnow McGovern C Curnow
F: Cunningham McKay SOJ

R: Kreuzer Dow Fisher

Inter: Gibbons, Setterfield, SPS, Stocker

In: Cunningham, Jones, Plowman, Simmo
Out: Murphy (inj), Casboult, Macreadie, O’Brien

I would try using Jones as the 2nd ruck from defence, with Marchbank, Weitering or Plowman rolling onto his man. The alternative is to use McGovern or McKay as 2nd ruck; if we go that way, personally I would experiment with McGovern in that role because Harry looks pretty hopeless in the ruck to me at this stage of his career.

Rather than bring in Kennedy, I would like to see the Curnow brothers used more regularly in our centre square rotations. Kennedy and/or Lang might get a game if SPS and/or Thomas are unavailable. It’s hard to see where Kerr fits in unless the MC think SOJ, Harry or Charlie need to be rotated out of the team. Kerr got to lick the ice cream on Saturday but I’m not sure his game translates to AFL success. At the very least, he gives us good KP depth.

Maybe Kerr's role could be to Mumford a few opponents. I don't think Kreuz and Cas have the mindset, and as others have said Cas is as likely to take a teammate out as an opponent. Kerr does like the crash and bash, and can take a run in the ruck, but wont have either the space to lead into or the quality of delivery at AFL level - hence I agree about being unsure his game will translate to AFL.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Simpson and Plowman back in might mean we get to see Stocker as part of he midfield/forward rotation. Hope so.

Marchbank was a key against Collingwood, they had a half forward pushing into the midfield all day so he was able to play as a loose defender. Against GWS they put a tall forward on him, forced him to be accountable and exposed his loose checking. Looking at the Saints forward line, Casboult can man Bruce all day, Weitering will probably get Battle and Plowman should be able to follow Membrey around the ground so hopefully we can get Marchbank loose a bit more often to intercept.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hugh Goddard has been so solid for few weeks, he is a ready made AFL standard player..Perfect replacement for Jones....

and when are we going to reward Kerr? he looks to be ready to go........Why is Bolton continuing to ignore them? :confused: :confused:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Possibly because they're both too slow?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

They need to pick a hard team this week, hard players who committed at the team meeting.
StK will be out to bash us, crash us and thrash us.

This is our line in the sand game. If the players are going to kick the coaches out and take charge of the situation, anything less than a 100% effort and a win is not enough. They would have promised each other a win this week. They would have promised tackles, chases, gut running and looking after each other. They would have looked every single one of their team mates in the eye and said,
"I am going to do this for you and I expect you to do it for me."

Win this game and watch the shackles fall away. More wins will come.
Lose it and they are done for the year and BB won't survive the aftermath.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Nail. Head.

Everyone is expecting the 'Collingwood' intensity which is enough to beat (trouble) the Saints.
Anything less and it's season over (in terms of expectations)

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I can't see them leaving the field without a victory this week.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:49 am 
Geoff Southby

bluegirl72 wrote:

Just stay on the ground another quarter to catch their score?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Hmm. I'm afraid I can.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:04 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Adam Chatfield wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

Just stay on the ground another quarter to catch their score?

Whatever it takes. :wink:
Just reckon they will win.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:31 am 
Harry Vallence

Saints will be prepared for this knowing we’ll throw everything at it in the first quarter. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them crowd our forward line and punish us on the rebound. Then methodically pick us apart in the second quarter once we’ve ran out of a little bit of steam.

At least that’s what a mature / good team would do. Let’s see

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
They need to pick a hard team this week, hard players who committed at the team meeting.
StK will be out to bash us, crash us and thrash us.

This is our line in the sand game. If the players are going to kick the coaches out and take charge of the situation, anything less than a 100% effort and a win is not enough. They would have promised each other a win this week. They would have promised tackles, chases, gut running and looking after each other. They would have looked every single one of their team mates in the eye and said,
"I am going to do this for you and I expect you to do it for me."

Win this game and watch the shackles fall away. More wins will come.
Lose it and they are done for the year and BB won't survive the aftermath.

Yep, dead right.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next