Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

verbs wrote:
Simpson in for O'Brien
Jones in for Macreadie
Lang in for Murphy
Plowman in for Casboult
Kennedy in for Gibbons

Replace Lang with Cuningham.

The MC seem to love Gibbons and I think we have worse players than him.

LOB and Macreadie need to play in the 2s for a while.

And yes get Ed tagging. Why have one of the best run with players playing on a forward flank?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Give Casboult a licence to bust as many packs with his knees as possible, accidentally of course, with a bit of luck, he might accidentally take out Billings, Gresham.... football is a tough business after all.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

AGRO wrote:
Give Casboult a licence to bust as many packs with his knees as possible, accidentally of course, with a bit of luck, he might accidentally take out Billings, Gresham.... football is a tough business after all.

Sheesh that makes sense ..... again (not)!!!

Last edited by McConville33 on Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Casboult is a dumb clux
You give him license to crash packs with his knees there will be more friendly fire and we will have more in the medical room.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Casboult is a dumb clux
You give him license to crash packs with his knees there will be more friendly fire and we will have more in the medical room.

Don’t give a flower who we give a license to do it as long as someone does it, accidentally of course, because after all football is a tough business.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Why don’t they try something different.
Charlie up the ground
Kerr and Harry as key forwards
Lang as a mid/fed role
Gov in the backline to replace Levi if either Jones or Plowman don’t return

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Who comes in for Daisy ? ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Who comes in for Daisy ? ...
The team rejig will be more interesting than the 'ins'... Good to see SOJ with midfield time, like others, I'd like to see the Curnow boys through there too... Need more strength in the middle, and more running both ways. Daisy's replacement could be Schu, but... who knows?

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:46 am 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Casboult is a dumb clux

We really are in trouble when I start agreeing with Syd. Hahah. Not the “dumb” part but definitely the friendly fire part. :donk:

It’s also just not who he is and we all know we can’t change Levi. He is what he is. We can’t expect him to play with that kind of edge.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:50 am 
Bob Chitty

Dominator_7 wrote:
Why don’t they try something different.
Charlie up the ground
Kerr and Harry as key forwards
Lang as a mid/fed role
Gov in the backline to replace Levi if either Jones or Plowman don’t return

I like this. Gov permanently back for a game or two. Let’s see how it works. I think he will have more influence there over larger parts of the game compared to the shorter cameo bursts he is giving us up forward.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:07 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I like it. McGovern replaces Casboult, Kerr in attack. Lang for Thomas. Cuningham for Murphy.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:18 am 
Craig Bradley

Agree lets try something different turn up and be ferocious and ruthless against a team we should beat and spank the Saints - get a good start and grind them into the dust

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

Like the Kangas, the Saints are a team who have an excellent recent record of putting the sword to us at the Depression Dome. With our young mids starting to look tired and our backline unsettled by injuries, I can’t see us winning this unfortunately.

Hopefully Thomas doesn’t get rubbed out, SPS is OK and Cunningham, Jones, Plowman & Simmo are available....

B: Plowman Jones Marchbank
HB: Simmo Weitering Newman
C: Walsh Cripps Thomas
HF: E Curnow McGovern C Curnow
F: Cunningham McKay SOJ

R: Kreuzer Dow Fisher

Inter: Gibbons, Setterfield, SPS, Stocker

In: Cunningham, Jones, Plowman, Simmo
Out: Murphy (inj), Casboult, Macreadie, O’Brien

I would try using Jones as the 2nd ruck from defence, with Marchbank, Weitering or Plowman rolling onto his man. The alternative is to use McGovern or McKay as 2nd ruck; if we go that way, personally I would experiment with McGovern in that role because Harry looks pretty hopeless in the ruck to me at this stage of his career.

Rather than bring in Kennedy, I would like to see the Curnow brothers used more regularly in our centre square rotations. Kennedy and/or Lang might get a game if SPS and/or Thomas are unavailable. It’s hard to see where Kerr fits in unless the MC think SOJ, Harry or Charlie need to be rotated out of the team. Kerr got to lick the ice cream on Saturday but I’m not sure his game translates to AFL success. At the very least, he gives us good KP depth.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

[quote="AGRO"]Give Casboult a licence to bust as many packs with his knees as possible, accidentally of course, with a bit of luck, he might accidentally take out Billings, Gresham.... football is a tough business after all.[/quote

Casboult & Kreuzer both , over 100kg and about 2 M tall just the right candidates, score as many hits as possible, only smaller the opponents, wipe them out for extra bonus.
It’s acceptable and it’s what Llyod wants to see more of , apparently accepted by AFL.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
Like the Kangas, the Saints are a team who have an excellent recent record of putting the sword to us at the Depression Dome. With our young mids starting to look tired and our backline unsettled by injuries, I can’t see us winning this unfortunately.

Hopefully Thomas doesn’t get rubbed out, SPS is OK and Cunningham, Jones, Plowman & Simmo are available....

I would try using Jones as the 2nd ruck from defence, with Marchbank, Weitering or Plowman rolling onto his man. The alternative is to use McGovern or McKay as 2nd ruck; if we go that way, personally I would experiment with McGovern in that role because Harry looks pretty hopeless in the ruck to me at this stage of his career.

Rather than bring in Kennedy, I would like to see the Curnow brothers used more regularly in our centre square rotations. Kennedy and/or Lang might get a game if SPS and/or Thomas are unavailable. It’s hard to see where Kerr fits in unless the MC think SOJ, Harry or Charlie need to be rotated out of the team. Kerr got to lick the ice cream on Saturday but I’m not sure his game translates to AFL success. At the very least, he gives us good KP depth.

Agree with you, but I’d also give Fasolo a game, it’s time has the footy IQ & over 100 games of footy, a good nose for a goal. Can support around the ground, Lang too should be looked at.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bmaurizio wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Give Casboult a licence to bust as many packs with his knees as possible, accidentally of course, with a bit of luck, he might accidentally take out Billings, Gresham.... football is a tough business after all.[/quote

Casboult & Kreuzer both , over 100kg and about 2 M tall just the right candidates, score as many hits as possible, only smaller the opponents, wipe them out for extra bonus.
It’s acceptable and it’s what Llyod wants to see more of , apparently accepted by AFL.

Unsociable Blues.

We don't have the tough nuts Hawks did in Hodge and Brown with their unsociable footy.

WE need to bring some mongrel and hurt factor into the game plan.

One on one footy.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:39 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I reckon McGovern likes to express his inner mongrel.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

bmaurizio wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Agree with you, but I’d also give Fasolo a game, it’s time has the footy IQ & over 100 games of footy, a good nose for a goal. Can support around the ground, Lang too should be looked at.

If it comes down to it, I would go with Lang ahead of Fasolo. Even though Fasolo & Lobbe helped us get over the line, I walked away from last Saturday’s VFL game thinking they are cooked as far as AFL is concerned. But I agree with you that we are in need of nous around goal. Ideally, Murphy would be playing that role.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

Charlie into the midfield replaced by Kerr up forward. He came as both an inside bull and a forward.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Daisy OK to play - $7500 fine

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next