Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Don't tell me it's not between the ears

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:22 pm 
John James

Rexy wrote:

Correct! They just didn’t believe!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

We are Brisbane last year.
Competitive but always going down in the close ones.
Positives was others stood up when Crippa was well held
Negatives: the 3rd term, Free kick Hawthorn is back, injuries again. We can’t catch a break

Craig Bradley

Definitely. More and more glimpses of the future though. It’s going to be a bumpy ride on the way back up. Plenty of ups and downs. The first half was an up. Second half was a down. Injuries really did hurt us. We missed Simpson’s leadership and desperation down back.

We move on. Our best today was bloody exciting. We’ll start seeing more and more of that and less and less of the bad stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craig Bradley

Good 1st qtr... out coached for the rest of the game

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

2-3 times we have to ball on the wing with minutes to go but rather than use the numbers around and chip it forward, we decide to bomb it forward for them to mark.
Another loss due to stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
100% it is.
I have been saying it for years

They don't know how to win.
And it doesn't matter if we don't.

Gold Coast game was a disgrace
This was just as bad as Hawks are not good enough to come back from 33 points down.

But we let them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:28 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Jones fantastic again

Cripps 64% DE, 8 clangers / Murphy 54% DE, 6 clangers - not so good

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:29 pm 
Robert Walls

Same sting as the GC game. Going to keep positive though as plenty to build on from that performance.

How to be ruthless.

We obviously thought like last week we’d be able to just keep rolling. Not in this league. The foot should never come off the throat. Happy to take a loss this year to learn that if that what it takes.

Also. @#$%&! the umps. We were shit in the 3rd but the piled it on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:31 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

6 goals up against mid table side should be enough to win even with a few soldiers down in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:33 pm 
Bob Chitty

it really is a game of inches, when you are coming back from as far back as us.

1 point loss and a 5 point loss ... could very easily see us 3-3, but that is what we will have to learn from this year and why we are 1-5

i thought our first half was good, with an even contribution from across the board.

i thought our 3rd quarter was proably our worse this year (following closely by the 2nd quarter against the swans)

take those two quarters out, and its been an okay month of footy, with some real purple patches ..

a missed opporunity, no good playing a half of good footy, it needs to be 4 quarter effort

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

It’s fine for everyone to be glass half full, and there were certainly some awesome signs in the first half. Reality is Bolton has spoken about adversity and resilience lots in the last year or two, and I can’t help but think we lost a chance to build some culture and belief.
I am very disappointed in our coach after quarter time.

Can anyone tell me one move which helped us after half time?

Cripps to full forward.. throw McGovern in for a few centre bounces to match Roughead.. there was just nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

Murphy, Cunningham and Gibbons disposal efficiency today was unacceptable. Murph in the 50%s and the other s 61 and 62% respectively

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

There were good signs today

Although disappointing to lose, I thought our ball movement at times was elite

Not enough gut running in the third as Hawthorn had too many loose players and space to get back in the game

Also got murdered in the centre clearances as the game progressed. Definitely something to work on during the week.

Hopefully as our side further develops its fitness base we put sides away earlier in the contest as we play and lose too many close games.

Also, not sure about Plowman and Marchbank. Don't really impress me. Definitely need players like Williamson and Doherty back in the side who can hit targets and are a lot more creative in setting up play.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:36 pm 
John James

There's plenty to like in my opinion even though it's hard to cop right now. We just need to do it better for longer and I think that will come. Injuries didn't help. I think we finished with 1 fit player on the bench. Next week will be interesting. I feel like we are due for a blowout loss.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhys87 wrote:
2-3 times we have to ball on the wing with minutes to go but rather than use the numbers around and chip it forward, we decide to bomb it forward for them to mark.

Pathetic bombing late for them to mark. Our guys resort to the losing method under pressure. They knew we’d do it too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:37 pm 
Bob Chitty

london blue wrote:
Murphy, Cunningham and Gibbons disposal efficiency today was unacceptable. Murph in the 50%s and the other s 61 and 62% respectively

for mine

cunningham is what 10-20 games in, gibbons 5 games into his .... i can live what that, if they are getting those numbers after 80-100 then its a massive issue ...

Murphy, 250 games ... that is unacceptable ... should be dropped if someone is tearing it up in the twos? Stocker?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What's the point of Murphy, seriously?

Also is there any fear of someone giving Cripps a chop out? cauliflower was being held all day - someone go and belt howe couple of times in the contest and he'll soon let go.

Also, I know these guys are all colleagues now, but any chance one of our high marking forwards can give away a free kick or two by making people fear standing in a hole?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MIL wrote:
rhys87 wrote:

Pathetic bombing late for them to mark. Our guys resort to the losing method under pressure. They knew we’d do it too.

This.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

I don’t care about the first half.
I don’t care about the umpires.
I don’t care about the injuries.
I don’t care about the coaching.

What matters to me is that we again had an opportunity to evolve a little more, to elevate ourselves above opposition we should be dispatching, and we again @#$%&! blew it. Outside of Richmond and Port, every opposition has been beatable, and we’ve got one W to show for it.

I said this after the Sydney and GC games, and I’ll say it again. We’re not going anywhere until we put teams like this away. I’m past green shoots, “moments of brilliance”, and “if <player> wasn’t injured we’d have won”.

This team needs to rise above this shit and start winning 50/50 games. That’s what the Lions are doing, that’s what the Saints are doing. They’re put in these situations and are finding a way. Meanwhile our guys continue to back down when the challenge is made. Only exception was against a team mentally weaker again.

I don’t doubt they’re giving their all and leaving nothing left, but there’s not an ounce of ruthlessness in this team, and even mid-table opposition can sense our moment of weakness and exploit it. Oppositions know when they start to push us around, we back off. This again comes from our introverted senior leadership and filters down.

This game was lost upstairs, and the moment of bathwater-consumption was the red rag to the bull. Until they pull their heads out of their arses and demand ruthlessness on days like today, they’ll have to continue suckling on green shoots.

Norf next week presents a similar challenge to today, and a perfect opportunity to see if we’re capable of learning. They’re shithouse but physically they’re more developed, and have been put under the pump in da meedya. They will throw everything at us and superior ability alone won’t get us over the line. Ruthlessness, not backing down and not accepting any outside excuses are what will win us next week.

At some point, encouragement awards aren’t going to cut it anymore. Get the @#$%&! job done.

/Rant

#GUILTY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next