Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
I’d be a bit worried if I was Schumacher. Macreadie (2 VFL games for the year and hasn’t played for 3 weeks) is named ahead of him in the squad. If Schumacher can’t even even make the squad with all the injuries we’ve had to our defenders, you do start to wonder where he’s at with his footy.

Thinking' the same thing Sue..........looked a likely type in his first season but has faded.Injuries etc.....................still like the look of him so hopefully he gets a chance at some stage.But,as you state Sue,right hear and now one must wonder what the hierarchy are thinking.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

With Mumford playing imo we need to throw 2 ruckman at him.
Kreuzer and Casboult to wax.

Mumford will seize any chance to mow anyone and if it's his direct opponent the better.

A fatigued Kreuzer may become prey.
Don't get me wrong Kreuzer is tough but I think a fresh Kreuzer after a chop out will be difficult for Mummy to keep up with.

If so, Kreuzer to kick 3.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Anyone interested in $8 tickets PM me and Ill send a link.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
I’d be a bit worried if I was Schumacher. Macreadie (2 VFL games for the year and hasn’t played for 3 weeks) is named ahead of him in the squad. If Schumacher can’t even even make the squad with all the injuries we’ve had to our defenders, you do start to wonder where he’s at with his footy.
He goes from 'emergency' to out? No Kennedy? No idea how selections are made... (probably just as well) but I suspect the team effort last week means that there may only replacements for the outs?
Explains Kennedy..... Is Macreadie more of a runner than Schumaker?

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 pm 
Bob Chitty

billc3 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
. Is Macreadie more of a runner than Schumaker?

To the contrary Schumacher is much more a running type that Macreadie who is 6cm taller and more an intercept marking type defender. Schu doesn't play as tall as his 192cm frame might suggest - in fact I was surprised to see he is recorded at that height.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Thinking' the same thing Sue..........looked a likely type in his first season but has faded.Injuries etc.....................still like the look of him so hopefully he gets a chance at some stage.But,as you state Sue,right hear and now one must wonder what the hierarchy are thinking.

We don't know why.
No guarantee McReadie will play either.
This might be a way for BB to tell them they are on the right track but something is missing.

Even with injuries, our back half depth isn't too bad. If and when we can ever get the best 6 on the park, it will be our strength.

On a slightly different note, interesting to hear DeGoey talk about how hard our defence is to get through.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:26 am 
Craig Bradley

ianh wrote:
billc3 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
. Is Macreadie more of a runner than Schumaker?

To the contrary Schumacher is much more a running type that Macreadie who is 6cm taller and more an intercept marking type defender. Schu doesn't play as tall as his 192cm frame might suggest - in fact I was surprised to see he is recorded at that height.

Exactly. He is more a Simpson, Daisy, Doc, Newman, Williamson type rather than a Weitering, Marchbank, Macreadie, Plowman type. I guess plowman maybe falls somewhere in between. He’s going well and he’ll get his chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

We don't know why.
This might be a way for BB to tell them they are on the right track but something is missing.

Even with injuries, our back half depth isn't too bad. If and when we can ever get the best 6 on the park, it will be our strength.

On a slightly different note, interesting to hear DeGoey talk about how hard our defence is to get through.

...as did Treloar and jack reiwoldt something along those lines this week.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Macreadie definitely playing according to Barass on BF ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:30 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Awesome. I see him taking Plowman role in the future.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Normal One wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

I don't think Plowman is retiring any time soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm 
formerly King Kenny

muzza wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Didn’t say anything about retiring, on merit it will happen IMO.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:32 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Sydney Blue wrote:
Big outs for Gws

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Much bigger IN's than OUT's for GWS.

Coniglio has not been playing well.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Normal One wrote:
muzza wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Didn’t say anything about retiring, on merit it will happen IMO.

mmmm, won't happen.

He is a first pick every time.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

jake_h03 wrote:
He’s going well and he’ll get his chance

Not sure Schumacher is going that well. Docherty, Simmo, Newman all injured in recent weeks and the MC went with Stocker and an underprepared Williamson ahead of him. Now Macreadie. Even the defender who can’t defend (Garlett) has been given a go back there.

I have nothing against Schumacher, but it’s a cut-throat caper and he’s out of contract at the end of the season. Whether we think it’s fair or not, there would have to be a degree of pressure on him to start making an impact at VFL level soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

BigBlueWave wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Big outs for Gws

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Much bigger IN's than OUT's for GWS.

Coniglio has not been playing well.

Kidding me? He’s had a lean couple of weeks. Probably leading the brownlow after round 6. He’s a massive out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

In: Shane Mumford, Lachie Whitfield, Brett Deledio, Harry Perryman

Out: Zac Langdon (foot), Stephen Coniglio (finger), Matt Buntine
(omitted), Dawson Simpson (omitted)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

IN: Nic Newman, Harrison Macreadie

OUT: Tom Williamson (Injured), Lachie Plowman (Injured)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

We don't know why.

All this outside noise from opposition players and media-stop pissing in our pockets. Wasn’t too hard to kick 5 goals in 8 minutes at the end nor was it difficult for North to kick their highest score for the year the week before.

We know where we’re at without the external commentary thankyou very much.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:06 pm 
Bruce Comben

Reckon we win this :thumbsup:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next