Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:15 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Play Murphy forward, well done Casboult. Some people around here aren't experts

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Let's be honest every one knew this result before we even played the game. Everyone knew when the game was There to be won we would go missing.
The umpires were a disgrace but that is this week excuse.
Every one of these losses there is a whole stack of "if only's"

If only the free were even
If only the Elliott touch was reviewed
If only Dow had kicked those early goals
If only Curnow hadn't spent half the third quarter in the rooms

This side does not know how to win and every week we will be stuck with the "if only's " until we get to the point where we run out of them and cop a belting like last week.

It is becoming depressing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:19 pm 
formerly King Kenny

kingkerna wrote:
Play Murphy forward, well done Casboult. Some people around here aren't experts

Casboult played well in defence late last week, did well today too, but his disposal won’t get him a game permanently in defence.

Marchbank was awesome today. Back to his best.

Willo and Stocker looking more polished and confident this week too.

I can’t see Plowman holding his spot with Newman and Simmo to come back shortly.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

I am not convinced it will just happen for us. I still think this club has a near enough is good enough attitude.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we lose by 15 goals to GWS and some player interviewed after the game saying ‘oh we just thought it was going to happen after our brave loss to the pies’

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Let's be honest every one knew this result before we even played the game. Everyone knew when the game was There to be won we would go missing.

This side does not know how to win and every week we will be stuck with the "if only's " until we get to the point where we run out of them and cop a belting like last week.

I’m not quite sure what point you’re making.... it almost sounds like you enjoyed last week’s game more than today’s?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:

I agree with all of this.

If it’s not one excuse it’s another.

We are just a crap club at the moment

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

I’m not quite sure what point you’re making.... it almost sounds like you enjoyed last week’s game more than today’s?

The point is we always have an excuse.

Last week = not enough effort got ahead of ourselves. (Somehow)

This week = umpires, if only this happened etc. when the game was there to be won we fluffed it, as we always do

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:22 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Held our own against this year's likely premiers and should have won.

Is it Keogh that doesn't rate J Silvagni? Might want to take another look, he's a keeper.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the Suns, Norf, Swans, Hawks etc etc. There'll be more excuses if/when we lose to Saints and bummers in the next 3 weeks. Always excuses.

And if some on TC that Bolts just needs someone to coach him, we've got the wrong coach. I gonna want the guy that's coaching our coach to coach our players.

He's supposed to be at least the 18th best football coach in the world - yet he's not.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ok being more rational, this was always going to be a long and painful rebuild.

It’s a bloody tough competition and we have been the worst side on and off the field for the majority of this century.

We will probably still finish last this year even with substantial improvement from last year.

We completely blew the 09-14 drafts and this is the result.

I only hope we actually can generate a winning culture out of this. Mind you is it culture of simply just players being ready?

We will get there but it’s going to be painful for this year and probably much of next year as well

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Sydney Blue would have definitely enjoyed last week more. It’s supports his/her negative vendetta. Him/her trying to find the negatives that were in our control is a stretch and therefore confusing. He/she could never just admit we played an amazing game against last years grand finalists and we got unlucky at the end with three consecutive bad calls in the Pies forward line.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Adam Chatfield wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

This week = umpires, if only this happened etc. when the game was there to be won we fluffed it, as we always do

I think I have a different perspective on ‘excuses’. To me, our age demographic is a valid factor in why we didn’t win a close game against the reigning Grand Finalists. It doesn’t mean I think it’s OK we lost. In other words, I’m not accepting the situation or allowing it to define us. We need to learn how to win close games, it’s true. We need a win to give the players and supporters validation. But I’m so sick of the catastrophing that goes on here after every loss. If you can’t take any nourishment at all from today....well, I feel sorry for you.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

kingkerna wrote:

Is it Keogh that doesn't rate J Silvagni? Might want to take another look, he's a keeper.

He's still a ?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:39 pm 
Serge Silvagni

That goal by Cripps will hold me over for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

The Duke wrote:
It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the Suns, Norf, Swans, Hawks etc etc. There'll be more excuses if/when we lose to Saints and bummers in the next 3 weeks. Always excuses.

And if some on TC that Bolts just needs someone to coach him, we've got the wrong coach. I gonna want the guy that's coaching our coach to coach our players.

He's supposed to be at least the 18th best football coach in the world - yet he's not.

This is what we don’t know, and can’t be proven or disproven for at least until 2021.

Are we just not ready but heading in the right direction? Or are we just going nowhere with a regime which accepts getting close?

I have no idea, none of us have a time machine to prove one way or another.

I’m sick to death of losing, 4 out of 40 is deplorable. It was probably always going to get this bad at some point though.

Barely any leaders plus just kids was always going to have a 12-24 month period where it was terrible, and exacerbated by no Doch. Then a perfect storm of some kids not coming on as quick as we would like plus constant injuries to the experienced ones.

This club went so far down the toilet previously this was always going to take time unfortunately, and for better or worse we must stay the course for a fair while longer.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Sydney Blue would have definitely enjoyed last week more. It’s supports his/her negative vendetta. Him/her trying to find the negatives that were in our control is a stretch and therefore confusing. He/she could never just admit we played an amazing game against last years grand finalists and we got unlucky at the end with three consecutive bad calls in the Pies forward line.
How wrong you are

And it is never an amazing game when you lose.

You just knew we were going to be beaten it is almost as if you can smell it coming.

I used to go to games years ago and no matter how bad they were playing you just knew they would flick the switch and turn it on.
Didn't always happen but you always thought they could do it.

Now I watch them and no matter what the situation is in the game you just know that they will find a way to lose.

Winning needs to become the only acceptable outcome.

There is no improvement until we start winning

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

I think I have a different perspective on ‘excuses’. To me, our age demographic is a valid factor in why we didn’t win a close game against the reigning Grand Finalists. It doesn’t mean I think it’s OK we lost. In other words, I’m not accepting the situation or allowing it to define us. We need to learn how to win close games, it’s true. We need a win to give the players and supporters validation. But I’m so sick of the catastrophing that goes on here after every loss. If you can’t take any nourishment at all from today....well, I feel sorry for you.

It beats losing by 100 true, and I can see good signs, but I’ve seen this happen for us and other sides before where this leads to absolutely nothing.

In another post I’ve mentioned we are coming from probably further back than any side in the draft era without any leg ups from priority picks or being an interstate side the AFL will assist.

It was always going to be a long and hard road and we are very unlikely to win more than 3-4 games this season, that is how bad we became!

Mind you I’d want stocker to turn out good and our first pick from Adelaide this year to work out well to justify the trade, because we look pretty bloody dumb at the moment

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Seeing Cripps after the siren was heartbreaking. This hurt him to the core. An * supporting mate of mine (yes I have them) said to just compare that to the reaction from their captain’s last night.

I just hope that Cripps (or one of our other experienced guys) addresses the players and says “I’ve had a gutful of this, surely you have too?” instead of the usual “Yeah nah stick to process, train hard, review the tape” BS.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:51 pm 
Bob Chitty

kingkerna wrote:

I think they have found his position too .. i thought he was excellent today (and the last few weeks)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue4ever wrote:
I thought every goal is reviewed.

Except if it is Collingwood.
Happened in their game against Brisbane too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next