Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:56 pm 
Bob Chitty

lets put the free kicks aside ....

Marchbank was great
Plowman i thought did very well (after getting torched early)
Stoker and Willo all looked to be that little bit better this week .. but still a heap to work with ..
Kruze has to be our most important player, with him in, we are half a chance.
Cripps .. have a beer mate, you bloody earned it today. Did everything you could get get us over the line..
Fisher, Walsh, Cunningham, Gibbo are all continuing to improve ...

im still filthy about last week, more so after the performance we put in today ... last week was simply unacceptable ...

the effort shown today has to be our standard every week, anything less, is unacceptable!!

go blues.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
Seeing Cripps after the siren was heartbreaking. This hurt him to the core. An * supporting mate of mine (yes I have them) said to just compare that to the reaction from their captain’s last night.

I just hope that Cripps (or one of our other experienced guys) addresses the players and says “I’ve had a gutful of this, surely you have too?” instead of the usual “Yeah nah stick to process, train hard, review the tape” BS.

Is this bloke just gonna get sick of it ? hope the club is working on an offer he can't refuse to keep this bloke.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
lets put the free kicks aside ....

Marchbank was great
Plowman i thought did very well (after getting torched early)
Stoker and Willo all looked to be that little bit better this week .. but still a heap to work with ..
Kruze has to be our most important player, with him in, we are half a chance.
Cripps .. have a beer mate, you bloody earned it today. Did everything you could get get us over the line..
Fisher, Walsh, Cunningham, Gibbo are all continuing to improve ...

im still filthy about last week, more so after the performance we put in today ... last week was simply unacceptable ...

the effort shown today has to be our standard every week, anything less, is unacceptable!!

go blues.

It’s what we have done for a while.

Play lower side with expectation = get flogged

Play top side with no real chance = brave loss

This group is very immature as it can’t yet handle even the slightest expectation

Last edited by Adam Chatfield on Sat May 11, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:59 pm 
Horrie Clover

Another capitulation, smashed in a ten minute burst again, we are a very brittle club.

Supporters seem happy with good losses which are better than bad losses, that sums up this once proud club, we are now a spineless basket case.

Ken Hunter

Hone from the game and like everyone else I am gutted.
I have no voice from screaming at the umpires.
I have no words as to how bad they were.
How can they miss so many our way?
Curnow has his arms blatantly chopped, no free and Collingwood run it down their end and goal.
It is so unfair, it was not a level playing field today.
Someone from the club please say something, we need to stand up for ourselves.

Proud but fuming.

Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Seeing Cripps after the siren was heartbreaking. This hurt him to the core. An * supporting mate of mine (yes I have them) said to just compare that to the reaction from their captain’s last night.

I just hope that Cripps (or one of our other experienced guys) addresses the players and says “I’ve had a gutful of this, surely you have too?” instead of the usual “Yeah nah stick to process, train hard, review the tape” BS.

Is this bloke just gonna get sick of it ? hope the club is working on an offer he can't refuse to keep this bloke.

If we aren’t at least a mediocre/average team by 2021, we deserve to lose him

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

I think the 6 day break against 8 days showed in the end.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Tongue wrote:
Another capitulation, smashed in a ten minute burst again, we are a very brittle club.

Supporters seem happy with good losses which are better than bad losses, that sums up this once proud club, we are now a spineless basket case.

We can talk of these apparent future good times but as it stands we are cannon fodder for the rest of the comp

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Didn’t watch it....at the 2 day Cup Carnival in Scone. Free kick count is amazing and must have had an impact. Bottom line is though we lose again. This team doesn’t know how to win. It’s a hurdle they must overcome but no idea how....other than persisting.

I fully expect a smashing from GWS. Just because it’s what we do.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

MIL wrote:
Didn’t watch it....at the 2 day Cup Carnival in Scone. Free kick count is amazing and must have had an impact. Bottom line is though we lose again. This team doesn’t know how to win. It’s a hurdle they must overcome but no idea how....other than persisting.

With Ed Curnow saying in a post match interview how we got ahead of ourselves after our loss to the Pies

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Adam Chatfield wrote:
MIL wrote:

With Ed Curnow saying in a post match interview how we got ahead of ourselves after our loss to the Pies

The difference is we’re not playing a crap team next week. It’s usually the latter we take for granted.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Adam Chatfield wrote:
MIL wrote:

I hope we never hear that again !

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Held our own against this year's likely premiers and should have won.

Is it Keogh that doesn't rate J Silvagni? Might want to take another look, he's a keeper.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think they have found his position too .. i thought he was excellent today (and the last few weeks)

I think it depends on the blokes around him. Charlie's trajectory has slumped over the last few games and Harry, while he could be a massive key forward, is still unknown. If these two become what we hope/think, SOJ could play the 4th forward behind McGovern.

But in saying that, we would probably be best to have a small forward with more agility if those 3 talls are firing. Gibbons looks really, really good at this early stage.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019 ... -postmatch

too nice

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:35 pm 
Bob Chitty

The Duke wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Is it Keogh that doesn't rate J Silvagni? Might want to take another look, he's a keeper.

I think they have found his position too .. i thought he was excellent today (and the last few weeks)

I think it depends on the blokes around him. Charlie's trajectory has slumped over the last few games and Harry, while he could be a massive key forward, is still unknown. If these two become what we hope/think, SOJ could play the 4th forward behind McGovern.

But in saying that, we would probably be best to have a small forward with more agility if those 3 talls are firing. Gibbons looks really, really good at this early stage.

im okay with JSOS in the side in that position, even with the other tall lads. i think he really offeres alot wiht his desperation and 1% etc.. are fantastic. If he keeps that up he gets a game every week IMO

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:39 pm 
Bob Chitty

Effes wrote:
11 Less than 50 4
6 50 to 99 7
1 100 to 149 7
4 150 or more 4

and i also think, this is pretty telling ... (it was the same against the Hawks & Swans)

same reason we probably didnt get the win in the end .. just not enough experience in the heat of the battle when it matters. no surprise that it was collingwoods big name players that got them over the line ...

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Titus O'Reilly

-The umpires were brilliant today. Carlton should have tagged them. #AFLBluesPies-

Sums it up.
Absolutely gutted.... Only positive? Cripps didn't break his arms or neck when he tunnelled himself to give Degoey the free...

Go Blues

Last edited by billc3 on Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm 
Wayne Johnston

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
The Duke wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

im okay with JSOS in the side in that position, even with the other tall lads. i think he really offeres alot wiht his desperation and 1% etc.. are fantastic. If he keeps that up he gets a game every week IMO

Could it be that having all those talls looks good when it is working but also the reason we get run over in games ? Net loss of run too costly?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

Beaten by a better team
Effort was there by most
SOS has recruited too many blokes who don’t move the ball
quickly enough SOJ kink kernas poster boy being one of them
Tries hard good footy brain that’s about it

Setterfield a bust
Mc Govern 3 goals but doesn’t do enough
Not worth 3 players in the draft

Play Gibbons in the middle please

Our best player was Cunningham
He is a beautiful kick with pace
It doesn’t look like a grind when he has the ball

Too many slow average players

Like Stocker
If we can jag a good player with pick 13 ish in this years draft
Will be the only good thing to come out of 2018 draft

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ugh

#GUILTY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next