Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

They had two players under 22, we had 10. They had 15 players over 24, we had 5.

And we lost it in the last ten minutes.

It was an excellent effort by a very young team.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Verbs
You are banned from the misery guts thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Yes point of order Verbs
This is for miserable people like me.
If you want to post light and fluffy stuff head off to the Sugar Coaters thread

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 am 
Stephen Silvagni

You're in the wrong thread Sydney.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 am 
Rod Ashman

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:

Synbad has passed away or moved on but I’m still here

He is certainly alive and well and bigger than life I can assure you.

Regards Cazzesman

Maybe he’s waiting for the slow bloke with the fat arse to retire before he returns.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

verbs wrote:
You're in the wrong thread Sydney.

Old timers catching up with me

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

I didn't see the game, but can read free kick counts and take a lot of notice of the TC "vibe".

Anyway a mad Collingwood friend of mine went to the game. I asked him today what he thought of the umps.
He said "Fine ... didn't really notice them".

:eek: :eek: :eek:

There needs to be an inquiry.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm still not over it

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

buzzaaaah wrote:
I'm still not over it

Me neither.
I work with a couple of die hard Collingwood supporters who are really nice people.
I have had to restrain myself from saying what I really thought.
I finally got around to watching the whole replay.
That final 5 minutes was worse than I remembered it.
The non free kicks that the umpires conveniently chose to ignore absolutely killed us
Poor Plowman, there were two he should have got that resulted in goals, including suffering a fractured cheekbone from one of the incidents .
I should just let it go but I am too angry and frustrated by it.
Collingwood are back on top of my hated list for the moment
They are a protected species who get such a leg up from the AFL with their soft draw and blockbuster games.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
Yes point of order Verbs
This is for miserable people like me.
If you want to post light and fluffy stuff head off to the Sugar Coaters thread

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ask and ye shall receive
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36564

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

verbs wrote:
They had two players under 22, we had 10. They had 15 players over 24, we had 5.

And we lost it in the last ten minutes.

It was an excellent effort by a very young team.

True.

But largely our doing that the team is very young and relatively inexperienced.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Watched the game again. With 5 minutes to go and we went 11 points up, we knew Collingwood was going to come hard and we went into defensive mode. Too early at that point to try and ice the game. We just didn't know how to win. We must learn.
When we learn how to win - we will be one hell of side.

ps. Stocker.......oh yeah - tough as nails - just watch this kid!!!!! Can someone also explain to me why a free kick isn't reversed against DeGoey for a knee to the throat of Stocker?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
Watched the game again. With 5 minutes to go and we went 11 points up, we knew Collingwood was going to come hard and we went into defensive mode. Too early at that point to try and ice the game. We just didn't know how to win. We must learn.

ps. Stocker.......oh yeah - tough as nails - just watch this kid!!!!! Can someone also explain to me why a free kick isn't reversed against DeGoey for a knee to the throat of Stocker?

You need an explanation? ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

Stocker reminds me of Andrew McKay with better foot skills

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:
Stocker reminds me of Andrew McKay with better foot skills

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:

Watched it for the first time in full last night. In summary:

1.We played very well for 99% of the game and let them know we've improved a heap on last year.
2. Stocker is a ripper. An 18yo kid in game no.2 in the cauldron at the G and he looked like he belonged. Tough as nails, and a lovely kick. As his fitness builds he'll be a great player for us....a bit of Ratts about him. Setterfield also very good....game no. 8 off a knee reco, he did some great work in close. Walsh was unreal, found space by amazing gut running and was clean in the clinches...rarely turns it over.
3. Bagged Murph all year. He must have got the quiet chat during the week, as he was really good.
4. Tractor is so important to us, so we desperately need to find a mature body rick before he goes. TDK is 3-4 years away from being physically ready, Lobbe is on last legs and Phillips doesn't seem up to it.
5. Hats off to Levi down back. Didn't look out of place and did some nice things.
6. Most of the frees for the Pies were there, and in the first half we got our share too. But the ones the weren't paid to us especially in the last were huge momentum killers for us, and gave them hope. We were definitely robbed.

Bring that next week and we can beat anyone. But bringing it is the test.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

MIL wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

1.We played very well for 99% of the game and let them know we've improved a heap on last year.
2. Stocker is a ripper. An 18yo kid in game no.2 in the cauldron at the G and he looked like he belonged. Tough as nails, and a lovely kick. As his fitness builds he'll be a great player for us....a bit of Ratts about him. Setterfield also very good....game no. 8 off a knee reco, he did some great work in close. Walsh was unreal, found space by amazing gut running and was clean in the clinches...rarely turns it over.
3. Bagged Murph all year. He must have got the quiet chat during the week, as he was really good.
4. Tractor is so important to us, so we desperately need to find a mature body rick before he goes. TDK is 3-4 years away from being physically ready, Lobbe is on last legs and Phillips doesn't seem up to it.
5. Hats off to Levi down back. Didn't look out of place and did some nice things.
6. Most of [color=#FFFF00]the frees for the Pies were there, and in the first half we got our share too. [/color]But the ones the weren't paid to us especially in the last were huge momentum killers for us, and gave them hope. We were definitely robbed.

Well if you think that 1/3 qualifies as a share, I wouldn’t want you as my lawyer fighting a probate case.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
MIL wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

6. Most of [color=#FFFF00]the frees for the Pies were there, and in the first half we got our share too. [/color]But the ones the weren't paid to us especially in the last were huge momentum killers for us, and gave them hope. We were definitely robbed.

Well if you think that 1/3 qualifies as a share, I wouldn’t want you as my lawyer fighting a probate case.

Free kick count at half time was 16 to 6. Hardly our share of frees.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
AGRO wrote:
MIL wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Free kick count at half time was 16 to 6. Hardly our share of frees.

Count at 1/2 time was horrendous but I reckon we only deserved a few that weren't paid....unlike the 2nd half when there were more, including the howlers we all saw. I maybe wrong of course !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next