Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:39 am 
Bruce Doull

Nick wrote:
Rant time.

This club is so @#$%&! weak.

Time and time again when it's time to take a stand or make a statement we take the coward's way out by doing nothing.

And it starts from the top.

Perfect opportunity to drop Murphy and make a statement - a strong club like Hawthorn has just dropped a 4 time premiership player and former captain. We take the coward's way out by letting it slide as business as usual.

Fat Eddie comes out and slags the club during the week including the bloke that has put up with this shit the most out of all of us and fronted every week in front of the journalists, normally with a smile on his face. Do we back him by saying anything, anything at all for all the shit he has copped? No, we take the coward's way out because apparently we don't want to give it any oxygen. Wonder if Eddie would've taken the same approach if the shoe was on the other foot.

Worse, Judd fronts up on Triple M as our football director and says "oh no Eddie is a good bloke, media are just jealous and insecure. I am totally cool with it all, he can say whatever". WHY could he not stay silent? Why does he have to protect "good blokes" when he has just slagged off your coach? Again, we took the coward's way for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

No wonder our players have no confidence on the field, the whole joint seems like mummy's boys too fearful of hurting anyone. Until we become a strong club with strong leaders who are standing up for ourselves on and off the field, we are going nowhere. President nowhere to be seen, CEO no where to be see, football director wants to be everyone's mate.

This is probably a completely unjustified rant but 3 times this week after a pathetic performance over the week and I'm sick of it. Have some balls Carlton. Wouldn't be surprised if we come out and get rolled by 10 goals now.

I......can't disagree with any of this :cry:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:54 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Surely the best response is to beat the Pies. :?
Who will look like the flower then?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:56 am 
Robert Walls

ME!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:27 am 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
Nick wrote:
Rant time.

Time and time again when it's time to take a stand or make a statement we take the coward's way out by doing nothing.

Perfect opportunity to drop Murphy and make a statement - a strong club like Hawthorn has just dropped a 4 time premiership player and former captain. We take the coward's way out by letting it slide as business as usual.

Fat Eddie comes out and slags the club during the week including the bloke that has put up with this shit the most out of all of us and fronted every week in front of the journalists, normally with a smile on his face. Do we back him by saying anything, anything at all for all the shit he has copped? No, we take the coward's way out because apparently we don't want to give it any oxygen. Wonder if Eddie would've taken the same approach if the shoe was on the other foot.

Worse, Judd fronts up on Triple M as our football director and says "oh no Eddie is a good bloke, media are just jealous and insecure. I am totally cool with it all, he can say whatever". WHY could he not stay silent? Why does he have to protect "good blokes" when he has just slagged off your coach? Again, we took the coward's way for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

No wonder our players have no confidence on the field, the whole joint seems like mummy's boys too fearful of hurting anyone. Until we become a strong club with strong leaders who are standing up for ourselves on and off the field, we are going nowhere. President nowhere to be seen, CEO no where to be see, football director wants to be everyone's mate.

This is probably a completely unjustified rant but 3 times this week after a pathetic performance over the week and I'm sick of it. Have some balls Carlton. Wouldn't be surprised if we come out and get rolled by 10 goals now.

I......can't disagree with any of this :cry:

Judd is an intelligent ibloke
Unfortunately he is also a “yes” man
Doesn’t want to offend anyone
Just ask Rebecca

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

MarkNo3 wrote:
Last week was the first time I have genuinely been embarrassed by the team for a long time.

I always look on the bright side but listening to Dermie drove me nuts and then to watch a team that thought it was in the bag get humiliated as we did made me as mad as hell.

I have always supported Casboult despite the obvious annoyance we all have. I cant believe he is in the side. He looked like he was happy to be out there just getting a pay cheque and the look on his face after that switch was of someone who didnt care let alone one prepared to take ownership of an unforgivable error.

I can see the green shoots in out team but when the @#$%&! are the players going to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough. I dont care if half the side get rubbed out for acts of aggression. This team needs to send a clear message out that yes we have ability but we also have a huge amount of C cauliflower in us and we will hurt you if you get in our way. Brisbane did it and so did Hawthorn and look at their record after. Its time we grew some balls and start showing we wont be intimidated in fact we intend to intimidate.

Who is going to stand up and be the next Chitty, Buckley, Big Nick, Wallsy, Vin Waite, Lofts, Fraser Brown, Fev, Rhy-Jones to name a few and lead the way. We need the shackles taken off the players - stop playing to the AFL handbook and get nasty and play for each other and more importantly the Jumper and us fans.

I dont want to see it this week - I expect it already when we play the Pies, Dons and Tigers. I want to see it every time we take the field.

I never every want to listen to Dermie again with his fake media commentary. He was tough when he played and despite the bullshit media persona he was laughing at us at how soft we have become.

I know Im only a faceless moron on the internet but I hope someone from the club or better still a player reads this and realises playing football anywhere should be more than just turning up and accepting a pay cheque and they owe it to their fans. Without us they wouldnt earn what they do.

Rant over

I am interested in hearing more of your points and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Only thing I differ, I don't think Levi is just a turn up and take the match payment type. Lad tries his best. It's just that his best is a little limited most of the time. Imagine being a 250 game former captain getting stood up by 19 year olds, that's phoning it in. Drop the cat.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:33 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Good changes.
We'll win.
Drama queens will go back in their caves for a week. Good result all round.

i hope you are correct...i really do

still a very very young 22...

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:36 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Surely the best response is to beat the Pies. :?
Who will look like the flower then?

Amen. But what - other than sheer hope - makes you think we are even a shot in this?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:38 am 
Wayne Johnston

grrofunger wrote:
HTP wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
HTP wrote:
What’s got you cock-a-hoop. BV?

It's a strong squad.
We had a shocker last week but I'm buoyant about the improvement to date. Have a look at the Collingwood 22.
Does it really look impressive to you? We're well balanced, we'll be keen to compete and the Pies are there for the taking IMO.
We just need to take our chances like the Dogs game. A bit of momentum builds confidence.
Carlton by 14 points

Yeah nah. Looking at the teams 1 on 1, I’d say we win maybe a couple of positions: Silvagni, Weitering, maybe Thomas for his desperation...

I know it’s an imperfect measure, but how many positions do you think we won?

I’d say 4.

Cripps
Walsh
Weitering
Mckay

McKay? He was invisible last weekend, Levi played much better than him.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am 
formerly BlueRob

Its gunna be wet ... crazy that Kennedy is not playing.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:22 am 
Geoff Southby

Nick wrote:
Rant time.

If we’re as bad as you say, I thought you would have invited Eddie’s comments?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:39 am 
Rod McGregor

Nick wrote:
Rant time.

Welcome to 21st century Carlton.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
HTP wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
HTP wrote:
What’s got you cock-a-hoop. BV?

It's a strong squad.
We had a shocker last week but I'm buoyant about the improvement to date. Have a look at the Collingwood 22.
Does it really look impressive to you? We're well balanced, we'll be keen to compete and the Pies are there for the taking IMO.
We just need to take our chances like the Dogs game. A bit of momentum builds confidence.
Carlton by 14 points

Yeah nah. Looking at the teams 1 on 1, I’d say we win maybe a couple of positions: Silvagni, Weitering, maybe Thomas for his desperation...

I know it’s an imperfect measure, but how many positions do you think we won?

I’d say 4.

Cripps
Walsh
Weitering
Mckay

McKay? He was invisible last weekend, Levi played much better than him.

Yes you’re correct but on paper I think Mckay wins this matchup.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:

I want to see Kennedy play too.

No idea how this game will play out.
but stupidly or not
I am looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluegirl72 wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

but stupidly or not

Me too.
As dreadful as last week was, the side has shown enough this year for us to expect a much improved performance tomorrow against the old enemy at the G.

Quick, hand me another cup of BV’s Kool Aid ...

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:20 pm 
Robert Walls

EMERGENCIES:
7 Matthew Kennedy
34 Andrew Phillips
45 Hugh Goddard
4 Lochie O'Brien

But who goes out if we want to go smaller?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Casboult

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kennyhunter wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

but stupidly or not

Me too.
As dreadful as last week was, the side has shown enough this year for us to expect a much improved performance tomorrow against the old enemy at the G.

Quick, hand me another cup of BV’s Kool Aid ...

:grin:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:29 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
Casboult

Do you dare play Kreuzer as a lone ruck after a week off?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

but stupidly or not

You may not want to see Kennedy play, after you see him play.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:41 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Match committee selection has been dreadful again this year. We are still playing too tall ... particularly if its wet. They should drop Levi.

We need as many midfield options as possible. Kennedy should be playing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next