Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Add me to the Murphy. I just assume he will never be dropped and I'll have to get used to it. It's very embarrassing though.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

The_Cranium wrote:
MIL wrote:
So Murphy keeps his spot eh ? Great message to the boys. No matter how soft you are you keep your spot if you’ve been here for long enough. Gutless call. We won’t improve until we’re brave enough to make the hard decisions.

On the same day that Clarkson drops Roughead for lack of form and Hawthorn put him up for the media and Roughy takes ownership of it. That is leadership on all levels and is a stark comparison to the leadership void that exists at Carlton

I actually have to agree with this, pretty weak from the club.
Willow and Stocker in instead of Kennedy and Goddard just boggles the mind, surely last weeks effort showed they are not ready for seniors yet. Let's hope I'm wrong but I think the odds are in my favour on this call.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

doofdoof wrote:
keogh wrote:
On Goddard
May still play is first emergency
Too slow. That’s why he was delisted from a shit team last year
We need another big bodied defender
Goddard will do. He was a pick 21 as a junior
He has played AFL
He will do
Silvangi and Brodie IMO don’t look wide and thorough enough
when recruiting
Our other pick in the rookie draft Bugg didn’t even make it to the JL T
games
Another ex GWS player
At least SOS didn’t recruit him
The only bloke I rate that we got from GWS and has shown something is Marchbank and he ain’t going too well at the minute
We did get Gibbons from the VFL instead of Bugg but Andy Collins made it known
To everyone that he was worth a list spot

oh, you rate Marchbank now. i don't know how to quote old threads but you dissed him last year - probably no longer than 6 months ago
i guess you're making progress #greenshoots #insosyoutrust

I don’t rate his decision making by foot
At least he is athletic

He should have not been bought in straight away from the back injury
Looks short of a gallop to me
Compare in the last and this season to before has gone backwards

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
HTP wrote:
What’s got you cock-a-hoop. BV?

It's a strong squad.
We had a shocker last week but I'm buoyant about the improvement to date. Have a look at the Collingwood 22.
Does it really look impressive to you? We're well balanced, we'll be keen to compete and the Pies are there for the taking IMO.
We just need to take our chances like the Dogs game. A bit of momentum builds confidence.
Carlton by 14 points

Bring it on! Let’s do it Blues!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
HTP wrote:

It's a strong squad.
We had a shocker last week but I'm buoyant about the improvement to date. Have a look at the Collingwood 22.
Does it really look impressive to you? We're well balanced, we'll be keen to compete and the Pies are there for the taking IMO.
We just need to take our chances like the Dogs game. A bit of momentum builds confidence.
Carlton by 14 points

Yeah nah. Looking at the teams 1 on 1, I’d say we win maybe a couple of positions: Silvagni, Weitering, maybe Thomas for his desperation...

I know it’s an imperfect measure, but how many positions do you think we won?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Time will tell hey? :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

Not convinced on this game. We really need some bigger bodies in the middle, Greenwood is going to run through our kids.
I hope they let us play a running game with little one on one match ups or this could get ugly.

Geez I hope I'm wrong, I really don't like this lot.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:27 pm 
Robert Walls

Time, it flexes like a whore ...

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

HTP wrote:
Time, it flexes like a whore ...

We really need to catch up for a drink. :smile:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
Not convinced on this game. We really need some bigger bodies in the middle, Greenwood is going to run through our kids.
I hope they let us play a running game with little one on one match ups or this could get ugly.

I would have liked to see Kennedy in the side as well for that reason (at the expense of Casboult).
Anyway Port thrashed the Eagles in Perth and Freo beat GWS away from home so I guess we must be some chance. Beams and Adams missing makes things a bit more interesting. Really need Charlie to fire in order to kick a winning score.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Murphy on Elliot... Mmmmm.. One contest to watch

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Pretty obvious Sellers thinks Murph should get dropped too.
Maybe the club will take a giant hint.
Or Murph will lift. Maybe.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluegirl72 wrote:
Pretty obvious Sellers thinks Murph could get dropped too.
Maybe the club will take a giant hint.
Or Murph will lift. Maybe.

Neither will happen

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rant time.

This club is so @#$%&! weak.

Time and time again when it's time to take a stand or make a statement we take the coward's way out by doing nothing.

And it starts from the top.

Perfect opportunity to drop Murphy and make a statement - a strong club like Hawthorn has just dropped a 4 time premiership player and former captain. We take the coward's way out by letting it slide as business as usual.

Fat Eddie comes out and slags the club during the week including the bloke that has put up with this shit the most out of all of us and fronted every week in front of the journalists, normally with a smile on his face. Do we back him by saying anything, anything at all for all the shit he has copped? No, we take the coward's way out because apparently we don't want to give it any oxygen. Wonder if Eddie would've taken the same approach if the shoe was on the other foot.

Worse, Judd fronts up on Triple M as our football director and says "oh no Eddie is a good bloke, media are just jealous and insecure. I am totally cool with it all, he can say whatever". WHY could he not stay silent? Why does he have to protect "good blokes" when he has just slagged off your coach? Again, we took the coward's way for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

No wonder our players have no confidence on the field, the whole joint seems like mummy's boys too fearful of hurting anyone. Until we become a strong club with strong leaders who are standing up for ourselves on and off the field, we are going nowhere. President nowhere to be seen, CEO no where to be see, football director wants to be everyone's mate.

This is probably a completely unjustified rant but 3 times this week after a pathetic performance over the week and I'm sick of it. Have some balls Carlton. Wouldn't be surprised if we come out and get rolled by 10 goals now.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:14 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Nick wrote:
Rant time.

This club is so @#$%&! weak.

Time and time again when it's time to take a stand or make a statement we take the coward's way out by doing nothing.

And it starts from the top.

Perfect opportunity to drop Murphy and make a statement - a strong club like Hawthorn has just dropped a 4 time premiership player and former captain. We take the coward's way out by letting it slide as business as usual.

Fat Eddie comes out and slags the club during the week including the bloke that has put up with this shit the most out of all of us and fronted every week in front of the journalists, normally with a smile on his face. Do we back him by saying anything, anything at all for all the shit he has copped? No, we take the coward's way out because apparently we don't want to give it any oxygen. Wonder if Eddie would've taken the same approach if the shoe was on the other foot.

Worse, Judd fronts up on Triple M as our football director and says "oh no Eddie is a good bloke, media are just jealous and insecure. I am totally cool with it all, he can say whatever". WHY could he not stay silent? Why does he have to protect "good blokes" when he has just slagged off your coach? Again, we took the coward's way for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

No wonder our players have no confidence on the field, the whole joint seems like mummy's boys too fearful of hurting anyone. Until we become a strong club with strong leaders who are standing up for ourselves on and off the field, we are going nowhere. President nowhere to be seen, CEO no where to be see, football director wants to be everyone's mate.

This is probably a completely unjustified rant but 3 times this week after a pathetic performance over the week and I'm sick of it. Have some balls Carlton. Wouldn't be surprised if we come out and get rolled by 10 goals now.

All fair points.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

If we can keep De Goey, Elliot, Stephenson and Thomas to <16 goals between them I'll mark it down as a win.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Last week was the first time I have genuinely been embarrassed by the team for a long time.

I always look on the bright side but listening to Dermie drove me nuts and then to watch a team that thought it was in the bag get humiliated as we did made me as mad as hell.

I have always supported Casboult despite the obvious annoyance we all have. I cant believe he is in the side. He looked like he was happy to be out there just getting a pay cheque and the look on his face after that switch was of someone who didnt care let alone one prepared to take ownership of an unforgivable error.

I can see the green shoots in out team but when the @#$%&! are the players going to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough. I dont care if half the side get rubbed out for acts of aggression. This team needs to send a clear message out that yes we have ability but we also have a huge amount of C cauliflower in us and we will hurt you if you get in our way. Brisbane did it and so did Hawthorn and look at their record after. Its time we grew some balls and start showing we wont be intimidated in fact we intend to intimidate.

Who is going to stand up and be the next Chitty, Buckley, Big Nick, Wallsy, Vin Waite, Lofts, Fraser Brown, Fev, Rhy-Jones to name a few and lead the way. We need the shackles taken off the players - stop playing to the AFL handbook and get nasty and play for each other and more importantly the Jumper and us fans.

I dont want to see it this week - I expect it already when we play the Pies, Dons and Tigers. I want to see it every time we take the field.

I never every want to listen to Dermie again with his fake media commentary. He was tough when he played and despite the bullshit media persona he was laughing at us at how soft we have become.

I know Im only a faceless moron on the internet but I hope someone from the club or better still a player reads this and realises playing football anywhere should be more than just turning up and accepting a pay cheque and they owe it to their fans. Without us they wouldnt earn what they do.

Rant over

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

HTP wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
HTP wrote:

It's a strong squad.
Carlton by 14 points

Yeah nah. Looking at the teams 1 on 1, I’d say we win maybe a couple of positions: Silvagni, Weitering, maybe Thomas for his desperation...

I know it’s an imperfect measure, but how many positions do you think we won?

I’d say 4.

Cripps
Walsh
Weitering
Mckay

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:58 pm 
Serge Silvagni

All fair. The fans are the lifeblood of the club. Just had a footy flashback moment when Jezza was with Ron Casey on WWoS and he mentioned how much the fans mean to him and the club. Those days are gone I sense.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:35 am 
formerly King Kenny

Effes wrote:
Interesting Levi McGovern McKay Curnow + Kreuzer.

Tipping Gov will play in defence.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next