Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Nah tommi, apparently a near 10-goal loss to the worst-performed side in the comp was to be expected.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:06 am 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
Nah tommi, apparently a near 10-goal loss to the worst-performed side in the comp was to be expected.

The way we fell to pieces without Simmo and then Newman/Kreuzer in the last quarter last week showed me that our younger guys aren't ready. You may of thought/hoped so, but there has been no evidence they are yet, so not sure why anyone expected them to be yesterday.

We just started to get some cohesion and synergy into our play, then lose 4 important players in one hit. For where we are at now (with barely any good experienced players), we simply can't cope with that many outs.

I don't like it, but it's reality. For me the Sydney and GC games showed me where we are at, the next 2 weeks showed promise but we are a long way off being a side who can perform at a consistent level week in week out.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:

Gerard just bashed us up for 2mins on SEN. tough guy. :lol: :fight:
This is what we have come to.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

emtwenty wrote:
Cripps hurt his knee in opening minutes. Couldn’t move thought he was done.

Shocking look for Plow to be laughing during Jones incident, however would love to know who made the joke that made him laugh/who he was joking with.

Willo spent most of last qtr on bench after that tackle.

Nevermind his lack of skill, but Phillips must be really unfit because he spends a hell of a lot of time on the bench.

Not one single strand of Doc’s hair is ever out of place - quite impressive given he wears the headpiece all game

That's because Doc is really a Thunderbird. Same as Dow.

I thnk Plowgate is a beatup. All players were concerned for Liam. Of course they were! This was a quick response to a quip someone made...probably to lighten the mood. I think it was Daisy and I see nothing wrong in it . Was a small moment in an awful situation.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 am 
Geoff Southby

tommi wrote:
Geeez....

i really thought we'd do a little better...!

kindest regards tommi

Agreed.
Winning was never on the cards for me, but neither was getting flogged.
Let's hope we get some experience back in the side this week and the players show some competitiveness against a premiership contender.
I'd like to see, Kruez (if fit), Bam Bam, Setters, the Gov and Lang in the side. With Philips, Casboult, Murphy, Stocker and Willow out.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:37 am 
Geoff Southby

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

The way we fell to pieces without Simmo and then Newman/Kreuzer in the last quarter last week showed me that our younger guys aren't ready. You may of thought/hoped so, but there has been no evidence they are yet, so not sure why anyone expected them to be yesterday.

We just started to get some cohesion and synergy into our play, then lose 4 important players in one hit. For where we are at now (with barely any good experienced players), we simply can't cope with that many outs.

I don't like it, but it's reality. For me the Sydney and GC games showed me where we are at, the next 2 weeks showed promise but we are a long way off being a side who can perform at a consistent level week in week out.

Well said AC. It’s not excusing the performance at all, it’s acknowledging (not liking) where we are at. And North’s ladder position has nothing to do with it. I don’t even look at the ladder until about round 12 anyway. We simply had a shocker against a team who has a great recent record over us.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:39 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SEN funny at the moment.... Somebody said people on MAFS show more commitment than our mob..

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:43 am 
Stephen Silvagni

For those who went it was like seeing a reformed loved one fall off the wagon. Loss of trust... back into rehab.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

This was a winnable game although our injuries made that difficult.
However, there is no excuse for the garbage we endured as fans.
North's commitment was better. They tackled harder and longer.
But they were coached better. It was like watching a really good underage team against a shit one. Except we are talking about 2 AFL teams here.
Their spread, their numbers at the contest, their ability to create a loose man ( as Swans and Hawks did) showed how badly drilled our players are. We have no adaptability. If teams get around our zones, good luck to them, we won't do anything about it.
We play slow measured football with poor skills, so turnovers are expected not dreaded.
Where is poo emoji when you need him?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
For those who went it was like seeing a reformed loved one fall off the wagon. Loss of trust... back into rehab.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:54 am 
Ken Hunter

WOW wrote:
ferdinand wrote:
So where do people think the responsibility lies for the mental preparation? How much comes form the coaches and how much is individual responsibility? Ed was on the screen pre game talking about how much negative press NM had this week and how they were going to come out firing etc. So obviously it was talked about. For me if these guys want to be taken seriously as professional athletes, they shouldn't need someone screaming at them every week to run out and give everything, it should just be what they do. Every @#$%&! week. The scars of the last 15 years run pretty deep, it's not a stretch to see today as a result of the players being pretty happy with 2 close losses and a win in the last few weeks and think, yep we're doing ok, we've been respectable for a few weeks, that's good enough.

I think the rot has set in

Losing as often as we do will eventually take its mental toll

We have been in this losing cycle for an extended period which is doing damage to our young player's development

I have the theory that you need a good senior core when rebuilding a young team

We have not had this and are now paying the price

Looking back I think we cut too hard

Problem now is we won't attract a quality FA if we win another wooden spoon (we also don't get the number one pick)

Agree 100%.
We are paying the price for letting go too many senior players for draft picks. The draft picks we received for letting these players go have not come on because they do not have senior players around them.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 am 
Rod Ashman

Everything was right in the footy world eight days ago.

The Blues were 5 goals up at half time against a despised opposition that gleefully sucks millions of taxpayers’ money out of my home state.
The kids were clicking and our footy was exciting. Big K was back and kicking goals on the run.
Even Paddy.

SOS, you’re a genius ... suck it up Crows.

Winning mattered again. Could this finally be it? Were the green shoots really blooming?
Was anyone else daring to finally believe?
What was this long forgotten feeling ... being nervous at the footy because you knew the team could win. Losing mattered - big time.

Thud.

Yesterday was not the end of the world.
We’ll still be alright ... but, geez, it’s hard work.
We knew there were more hits to come. Trouble is we might all be punch drunk by the time the boys arrive. This has to end some time.

Haven’t we paid our penance?

More fodder for the Monday night “experts” ...

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:59 am 
Bruce Doull

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/05/05/ ... en-curnow/

Wow.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:02 am 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/05/05/embarrassed-blues-thought-it-was-just-going-to-happen-curnow/

Wow.

Says it all.
Not the first time we have heard this either. Last year round 2 against Gold Coast for example.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:04 am 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/05/05/embarrassed-blues-thought-it-was-just-going-to-happen-curnow/

Wow.

Speechless that this keeps happening.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:04 am 
Stephen Silvagni

CK95 wrote:

Wow.

Clearly not hard enough on each other. Crippa needs to give them a fearful spray.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 am 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:

Wow.

yes, it's difficult to swallow that crap when we have heard it so many times before

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 am 
Wayne Johnston

All those bagging Levi should take a look at Harry’s game, Levi played much better and could easily have had 3 goals. Levi was very far from our worst.

I also can’t understand why Ed wasn’t moved into the centre, it was obvious none of the north mids were being out under the slightest bit of pressure.

Putrid effort by all the players.

That’s all I’ve got.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 am 
John James

CK95 wrote:

Wow.

This to go along with what Weitering said. An absolute indictment on the players and coaching staff.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Look. I'm gonna go on Sat. to the G. Now I know it is just going to happen because I have been going to other games. So what I will do is just sit at home and just expect to get magically transported to the 'G'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next