Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

A bit concerned re Kreuz..no mention yet of what the problem was. Just hoping it isn't heart trouble again.
He was magnificent early on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
A bit concerned re Kreuz..no mention yet of what the problem was. Just hoping it isn't heart trouble again.
He was magnificent early on.

If Kreuzer is out for the year we’re long odds to win many more than 4 games this year.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:04 am 
Wayne Johnston

Cunnington would have been suspended but was fined instead because the AFL want a strong Norf playing against Carlton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:08 am 
Craig Bradley

Kreuzer went off with injury then came back for a few mins. Doubt it’s heart related because they wouldn’t let him back surely if it was

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MIL wrote:
North will set themselves for this one. Today’s terrible loss will hurt big time. They have no belief and until they get it will under-achieve. Murphy must be dropped, he is is baggage from our losing period and is so negative when it matters.

In: Curnow, Kennedy.
Out: Murphy, Casboult

So we go into the game with no rucks.
That's novel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:42 pm 
Ken Hands

I think we will win because of the way we lost yesterday. 4 quarter performance too. Just like the response after the suns heartbreak.

If we won yesterday then I would say we will lose next week. The complacency of the last 15 years is still present and until that goes we will not rise up the ladder and be taken seriously.

The one thing we need to bring back from the "old" Carlton is the ruthlessness.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

The Sam Lowson Cup!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blu ... 51iaa.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We had better not even think of losing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

At the risk of stating the obvious we can't speculate on the ins until we know more about the injuries.

And Murphy will not be dropped. His value may be lessening but he is still worth his place in the side. At the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
We are the team that every other crap team sets themselves for - we have nil respect or fear from the rest of the competition- and results like that today coughing up 5 goal leads just reinforces that.

Haw coughed up an 8 goal lead in 15 minutes a few weeks ago, losing multiple players during the game

Don’t give a flying F#%£ - what Hawthorn did a few weeks ago - it’s what we’ve done over the past 15 years that’s the issue - we engender no fear or respect to the opposition- the opposition always believe they are in with a chance against us.

Won’t change until we command some respect, won’t change until we consistently start to win games like these.

Carry on as much as you like with your bitter and twisted narrative that somewhere in that head of yours links Smorgy Carlton to this Carlton

Bottom line is if you're gonna use a piece of evidence to back your argument and someone challenges you with counter evidence that doesn't suit your argument, I for one will enjoy your keyboard tamtrums and 'grumpy old man' revisionist sooking...keep it up

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

If we are scared of the Roos then we really have sunk to rock bottom................if we don't smash 'em,i'm gonna cut loose.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:05 pm 
Robert Walls

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
We are the team that every other crap team sets themselves for - we have nil respect or fear from the rest of the competition- and results like that today coughing up 5 goal leads just reinforces that.

Haw coughed up an 8 goal lead in 15 minutes a few weeks ago, losing multiple players during the game

Don’t give a flying F#%£ - what Hawthorn did a few weeks ago - it’s what we’ve done over the past 15 years that’s the issue - we engender no fear or respect to the opposition- the opposition always believe they are in with a chance against us.

Won’t change until we command some respect.
It's like a father playing table tennis with his 8 year old son.
He allows the kid some latitude to provide him encouragement even though he is just using this time to get in practice to play his mates on Friday night.
The kid can't play on Friday night as every one gets bored and goes home early if he does
The father knows he can beat the kid 7 nil but he allows him to think he is a chance and even lets him get in front or occasionally win but really the father can whip him at will.
The boy runs in to tell mum he lost 21 -19 This time and the mother thinks he is getting better which he is . But all this practice against the father is making him better too.
Won't be long before the nasty dad comes along and smashes the kid and destroys his confidence

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Your son eventually beat you, didn't he...

Yeah but 15 years ago, the son was -7.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:
we will smash them.
Smithereens.
40 plus.
Buried and humiliated.
And it will help
A bit... to ease the pain of yesterday.

then we'll be 2-5, and realise we should be 4-3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Won’t change until we command some respect, won’t change until we consistently start to win games like these.

Carry on as much as you like with your bitter and twisted narrative that somewhere in that head of yours links Smorgy Carlton to this Carlton

Bottom line is if you're gonna use a piece of evidence to back your argument and someone challenges you with counter evidence that doesn't suit your argument, I for one will enjoy your keyboard tamtrums and 'grumpy old man' revisionist sooking...keep it up

You just continue to make stuff up as per usual.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm 
Horrie Clover

Bookies Started the day with north slight favourites, now for the first time this year our noses in front (at least according to the bookies)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:12 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Two teams with plenty to prove should make for an awesome contest. Historically North have handed us some serious beltings in recent years, so this will be a good test of how much we've improved. The last time we played North Melbourne 18.8 (116) to Carlton 4.6 (30) I'm pretty certain we'll kick more than 4 goals this time around.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tasboy wrote:
Bookies Started the day with north slight favourites, now for the first time this year our noses in front (at least according to the bookies)

We should be favourites - Higgins past his prime, Jones should match up well on Brown whilst Ziebell and Cunnington can be contained. I know we say this every week but this is a "must win" game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

jeez that game sucked

Hurts to just think about it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

If we lose this, we lose any credibility gained over the last two weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Yeah that will link us with the Smorgy Days.

:screwy:

Winston Churchill

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next