Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Drop McGovern before Levi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Adam Chatfield wrote:

Agree. But like others I like the idea of Charlie coming in to play wing. He has the tank to run all day and will be a nightmare for any winger to try and defend against in the air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

jake_h03 wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

Agree. But like others I like the idea of Charlie coming in to play wing. He has the tank to run all day and will be a nightmare for any winger to try and defend against in the air

Even better idea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:04 pm 
Robert Walls

jim wrote:
number 10 is cursed wrote:
Think O’Brien will make way for either Kennedy or Stocker next week.
If Charlie is right then the selectors have a decision to make as it would be harsh to drop Casboult on his output today. He is important to give Kreuzer a chop out in the ruck and allow Harry to do his thing.

Play Charlie full time in the midfield. We got him for his ability in both roles. We can't play all 4 up forward.

Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I don't like the idea of playing so many talls. But lets face it ... Charlie for Polson would not hurt the stat sheet ... it could only get better. I would play Charlie on a wing.

Levi deserves another game. Somehow Cunningham and Kennedy when ready need to come into this side. Then of course there is Setterfield! If we continue to play like this its gunna be very difficult to get a spot in that midfield.

The only issue will be if its wet next weekend. If so ... there is no way we can play so many talls.

I thought Jack was good today.

SPS was unbelievable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hawks may be up and down at the moment, but they're still the @#$%&! Hawks.

A much tougher proposition next week, but hopefully today gives our boys the confidence to know that they can win at this level, and they shouldn't be afraid of these guys.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Humpers wrote:
In
Charlie
Cunningham (if not ready then Kennedy or Stocker)

Out
Casboult
Polson

I think Willo will probably need at least another match in the VFL.

Bit harsh on Casboult.
One of our better competitors and kicked that monster from outside 50.
I think Charlie might get managed for an other week.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:17 am 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:
In: Cunningham
Out: Polson

If Cunningham doesn’t come up again, I would make no changes.

Schumacher for LOB could be on the cards, but I don’t mind the idea of allowing the side to settle. I know Schumacher was an emergency this week, but is he really knocking down the door?

Charlie has started the year with form & fitness issues, so I say let him work his way back into the team. SOJ did enough today to hold his spot in the team.

Levi keeps Phillips out of the side for the time being.

Williamson, Macreadie & Lang need a block of VFL games before I would bring them in; they have missed a lot of footy.

And I wouldn’t rush Stocker, his time will come.

Cunningham, Charlie, Setterfield, Docherty, Pickett & LeBois are the only players who didn’t play at some level this weekend. Of those, Docherty is the only long term injury we’re sure about (I think Pickett is due back in the next few weeks, not sure what the problem is with LeBois).

Don’t underestimate what a massive difference it will make if we can have some (overdue) luck with injuries over the next few months. With a healthy list, I can see us causing some problems for the competition in the 2nd half of the year....

Yep to all of that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:34 am 
Robert Walls

It’s still a Clarkson coached team so they will be incredibly well drilled and look to exploit our weaknesses. Sicily, Impey and Hardwick running and setting up off half back need the clamps put on them.

But our mids should be looking to really impose themselves here. They won’t be coming up against a seasoned mids, it’s O’Meara, Worpel and Cousins who are at similar stages of development to Cripps, SPS and Dow. Great to have Kreuzer in to help them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:19 am 
Rod Ashman

no love for kennedy? commentators gave him BOG in the twos.
I agree cunningham first pick (for polson) but kennedy for LOB?
Charlie on the wing could be good....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:09 am 
Ken Hands

Kennedy is an inside mid who is on the slow side. I'm not sure why people keep suggesting he comes in to replace Polson or LOB. Cunningham for Polson definitely if he's available, and Williamson or Schumacher for LOB. Levi played a better game yesterday than Charlie or Mitch have all year and would be very stiff to miss.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:14 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Big game this.

... historically in the last decade and a bit, if we've had a big win one week, we've come out the following week and laid an egg. coming out and blitzing after the suns game was a no brainer for the players. so doing the same after a big win, is kinda crucial.

i do get the feeling this team is different and going to be different. all those loses are going to build a steal in this team where they never want to lose again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:35 am 
Rod Ashman

It’s not that tough IMO.
Polson was the only player yesterday who didn’t pull his weight and I’d be replacing him with Charlie or Kennedy/Stocker depending on fitness.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:58 am 
Ken Hunter

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
we cant possible drop Levi. He was terrific today. We must finally get to a position where we reward the effort and good games. Not drop someone who has played well for someone who is a "better player"... going by the performance, you would say mitch would be in the scope for getting dropped and having a run in the twos...

Lets finally start rewarding our players for good games and if they struggle, reward someone playing well in the twos with a promotion etc.. we havent had the option to do that for a very long time, which is why any suggestion that SOS rebuild hasnt worked is rubbish. We have a list, that has serious depth. If you play well you get rewarded with a game the next week..

casboult can not be dropped after his performance today

I like the idea of Curnow coming in and playing on a wing ... obrien wasnt horrible, but he wasnt great either ... perhaps its a case of curnow having a run in the twos to get some fitness up ..

This

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:00 am 
Rod McGregor

The only two that are vulnerable in my view are O'Brien and Polson. I am surprised that O'Brien got back in the team so fast. He was gifted 15 games last year and should be earning this spot now. Would rather Kennedy in for either OBrien or Polson.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 am 
Geoff Southby

Arnhem blues wrote:
no love for kennedy? commentators gave him BOG in the twos.
I agree cunningham first pick (for polson) but kennedy for LOB?
Charlie on the wing could be good....

I think I read somewhere Kennedy left the ground injured and he didn't even make BOG on our own website.

Last edited by Sidefx on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 am 
Geoff Southby

If we are going to win this game we need to do two things:
1. Change team height depending on the predicted wind conditions.
2. Have a player, let's say Daisy get into Sicily's head.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
number 10 is cursed wrote:
Think O’Brien will make way for either Kennedy or Stocker next week.
If Charlie is right then the selectors have a decision to make as it would be harsh to drop Casboult on his output today. He is important to give Kreuzer a chop out in the ruck and allow Harry to do his thing.

Play Charlie full time in the midfield. We got him for his ability in both roles. We can't play all 4 up forward.

Not a silly idea jim.

Mix it up. Get him involved. Keep the opposition guessing. He sneaks down forward for a mismatch etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
I’d give Willo another week in the 2s. He’s been out a long time. That said if Russell says he’s ready and he’s named on Thursday I’ll be bloody excited.

I’d say Cuningham for Polson would be my only change. Give Charlie another week to get the knee right.

If Charlie is right to go it’s a real conundrum. JSOS is the like for like but he earned another game this week. Had more impact than McGovern, but I can’t see them dropping Gov. Could potentially drop O’Brien but we start to look a bit top heavy again. Tough one. I wouldn’t be against giving Charlie a run in the 2s. If the reports of him having a bit too much fun over the off season are true it might be a good wake up call for him

Are you referring to Charlie being with Fasolo at that party when Fasolo got injured?

If so, the only thing we know is that Charlie attended a party.
No news Charlie was drunk, play fighting or doing other shit.

Therefore he should not be connected to Fasolo's antics from that night.
He's innocent till proven guilty, not the other way around Jake....assuming you are referring to that night. Not a fair comment imo.

Last edited by bondiblue on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 am 
Rod Ashman

Hawks will find it tough - Bolton has home ground advantage :smoking:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next