Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:55 pm 
formerly King Kenny

If Ritchie Cuningham plays we win this game. He will be super dangerous and his pace will be too much for the Hawks backline, who will be focused on Harry and Charlie. The Gov should get loose as well.

Huge chance here. Even bigger chance of 3 in a row if we can win this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Cripps plays poorly (say 3 weeks in a row) - Kennedy stars in the twos, we drop Cripps for Kennedy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:26 pm 
Craig Bradley

dannyboy wrote:
Cripps plays poorly (say 3 weeks in a row) - Kennedy stars in the twos, we drop Cripps for Kennedy?

Que?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

dannyboy wrote:

If Charlie had the body of work that Cripps has then he would be an automatic inclusion, but based on his current form and with Harry looking better without Charlie trying to find form in the seniors then maybe Charlie should get his touch back in the 2's and come back when he's ready to impact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I’d play Charlie between the 50 metre arcs, - provided he is fit only, leave the forward line as is, Casboult stays, if only to provide pinch hitting tuck relief, I cringe whenever I see Harry McKay used as the relief ruckman.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm 
Ken Hands

I'm happy with the way we've not brought guys back until they're properly fit and have a good amount of training. Charlie seems to be the exception, came back ahead of schedule and then missed again the following week. He's possibly the most talented player on our list but I'd be happy to wait another week to ensure he's right. Waiting until the day of the game suggests he's borderline, and I think it's too big a risk to take.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jake_h03 wrote:

I would also add, we missed our fair share of gettable goals as well, and dropped plenty of uncontested sitters that would have resulted in shots on goal. For every argument you can make for them deserving to be closer, you could make one for us deserving to be further in front

True. But they missed a number of relatively easy set shots. To suggest that's due to our pressure is a bit keen.
I'm not trying to talk down the win but there's too many supporters getting carried away with the victory who are the same supporters that will bag the shit out of the players and coach if we don't get across the line this week.

Like Bolton says, don't get too high and don't get too low. We didn't suddenly become a competitive team based on the silly assertions that we suddenly decided to play the corridor this week or we suddenly had some brain storm ideas at training that we haven't had previously.
The players have been in all the games this season and our dominance against their midfield and their poor conversion all contributed to us getting over the line this week where our poor kicking probably cost us a victory the week before.

It's been a slow build as a result of the players having another pre-season under their belts and some added depth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

I would also add, we missed our fair share of gettable goals as well, and dropped plenty of uncontested sitters that would have resulted in shots on goal. For every argument you can make for them deserving to be closer, you could make one for us deserving to be further in front

True. But they missed a number of relatively easy set shots. To suggest that's due to our pressure is a bit keen.
I'm not trying to talk down the win but there's too many supporters getting carried away with the victory who are the same supporters that will bag the shit out of the players and coach if we don't get across the line this week.

Like Bolton says, don't get too high and don't get too low. We didn't suddenly become a competitive team based on the silly assertions that we suddenly decided to play the corridor this week or we suddenly had some brain storm ideas at training that we haven't had previously.
The players have been in all the games this season and our dominance against their midfield and their poor conversion all contributed to us getting over the line this week where our poor kicking probably cost us a victory the week before.

It's been a slow build as a result of the players having another pre-season under their belts and some added depth.

You're both right, but I would also say that of the relatively easy set shots at goal, we missed every bit as many as the Dogs did.

What we did do well was force them to take their shots from low percentage areas of the ground

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Any word on McEvoy's injury? Is he likely to play? That would be a big out for the Hawks, he's been in good form.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Thats an interesting one. Kreuzer often performs better against the shorter ruckman like McEvoy.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFL House
‏Verified account @AFL_House
4s4 seconds ago

Round Six Sunday Teams:
Hawthorn v Carlton

Hawthorn - Stratton, Shiels, O'Brien in for Mirra, Morrison, Nash.

Carlton - Curnow in for Polson.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Disappointing no Cuningham.
19 and mostly fine on Sunday so conditions should hopefully be OK.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
Disappointing no Cuningham.
19 and mostly fine on Sunday so conditions should hopefully be OK.

The forecast down here says 12 and cloudy? Very icy wind here today and hasn't got above 14.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:29 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Why do we love having so many talls in our teams?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
Why do we love having so many talls in our teams?

Because we have so many on the list and it’s not fair that they all don’t get a game ? ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Whether in the forward line, between the arcs, on the deck or in the air, Charlie will offer much more than Polson. So no issue there.

My question mark is on the non-selection of Cuningham. Supposedly cherry ripe (while Charlie was still iffy) and LOB probably needing to find touch in the 2's.

I can only guess that Charlie will play a bit everywhere, while LOB runs with Henderson or Smith.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
Whether in the forward line, between the arcs, on the deck or in the air, Charlie will offer much more than Polson. So no issue there.

My question mark is on the non-selection of Cuningham. Supposedly cherry ripe (while Charlie was still iffy) and LOB probably needing to find touch in the 2's.

I can only guess that Charlie will play a bit everywhere, while LOB runs with Henderson or Smith.

Agree. No issue at all with Charlie for Polson. Doesn’t matter how tall Charlie is he will offer more than polson. I’m also really surprised at Cuningham missing. I wonder if there’s still a fraction of doubt over the kidney. I guess an injury like that you don’t want to take any chances. I guess if he doesn’t play 2s that must be the case

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just reading Bolton’s comments. He said something along the lines of Charlie’s had some interruptions, we’ll give him right up until the game to prove his fitness. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him have another week off and Cunners to replace him

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Well the Hawks have gone pretty tall themselves (in response to our dominance in the air last week?), so maybe some tomfoolery is going on.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

grrofunger wrote:
Weird bench.

Guessing Charlie in for Polson.

If not then Cuningham for Polson.

Can’t drop casboult or soj on last weeks game.
Correct... On both counts methinks ;)

Go Blues

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next