Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
Charlie and Simpson are the only 2 on the extended bench not named in Northern Blues

Does this mean they are out or in

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Simmo is an automatic for now.....heart and soul/spiritual leader etc. if Charlie is right to go he's an in as well. But gee it gets harder after that ! I'd like to keep Levi to reward him for a good game, and his physical presence and ability to relieve in the ruck is a bonus. Kennedy should come in to help Crippa and add a big body around the stoppages against the Dawk mids. JSOS was ok....not great but ok....but doesn't seem right to drop him after one game and he's a type we haven't got a lot of tbh. Cunners is a must if he's ok to play. Garlett and Polson are the only two that definitely won't play.

If they're all good to go, then I'd like: Charlie, Simmo, Cunners, Kennedy. If either of Charlie or Cunners aren't ready I'd replace with JSOS and Levi in that order.

Phew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I'm curious about Lachie OBrien.
I think he's a keeper but physically not mature enough right now, imo.

Launceston might be a huge ground.
OBrien might be needed for speed up and down the ground, maybe a run with role.

I can't see what the MC see, so I'll leave it to the experts.
Long term development.
I hope he has a break out game too. He's got wheels and a strong left peg.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I Charlie is fit he's in for me.
If Cuningham is fit then get him in to plug that small forward hole and make it his to keep.

Imo Jack is ahead of Kennedy and Setterfield, so I'm more than happy to see him get a few games on the trot.

The rest is up to Bolton and his Match Committee

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

If Jack Silvagni doesn't get a game this week, I'll be writing a letter to Brendan Bolton about the 'bluebagger spirit'. Bolts keeps going on about this 'BS' in the team, when Jack kicks a goal he shows an equal or the greatest amount of enthusiasm of any player. With his family history Jack is in an unenviable position but one that can be used to inspire his teammates - the situation is that Bolt's has been around the place for a few years, no doubt doing his best, while the Silvagni name has been around Carlton for sixty years doing their best for the bluebagger spirit. Anyone can do the sums. Anyway that's my gripe for this week's match. Go Blues, suprise the Hawks!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

McGovern is the one that should be dropped for C Curnow.
He had the least influence of the other 3 forwards in the last game.
If I see SOJ or Cassie dropped for Charlie, I’m joining 79V.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Weird bench.

Guessing Charlie in for Polson.

If not then Cuningham for Polson.

Can’t drop casboult or soj on last weeks game.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:09 pm 
Garry Crane

I’d make no change personally. I suspect Cunners needs a run in the twos before replacing Polson. This is an automatic change if he’s fully fit and has touch (given he’s missed a month).

Charlie should be playing twos this week. His form through preseason and in the two full games he’s played has been poor. Go and rip up a week in the twos. Casboult will probably not keep doing enough to hold his spot, but he should after last week.

Garlett being names is either a joke based on his last game in the 2’s or we have a role specifically in mind for him (I think it’s the former), and Kennedy is not going to replace anyone I think. He’s too slow to come in and join Cripps in my view.

Re: LOB - I have not been impressed with what he’s brought but in watching the replay I did see a few deft passes into fwd 50 and evidently he and Simmo played a nullifying role on Hunter and did that job well. I’m happy to keep him in another week.

Jack should stay - he did some really good things last week and his effort was first class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:13 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:

Casboult played a blinder on Sunday. But if he gets dropped for Curnow, then it's due to 8 years of inconsistency. How often has he backed up a good game, with another good game??? You can count on one hand I reckon.

So, don't get too upset if match committee make the call on this, & Casboult finds himself in the 2nds.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey,

"Cassie" interesting nickname for a crash & bash big man, seems quite effeminate!

Nonetheless, either Jack or Levi are clearly an obvious choice to drop for Charlie.

I don't think it will happen, however, Charlie can play either of their roles and play to a much higher level.

Levi did well last week. How'd he go vs the Swans? How has he gone most weeks across his entire career? Can he play this week vs Hawthorn as well as he did vs The Dogs?

Charlie is an A grade player, hasn't played anywhere near potential so far this year, however, his best is so far ahead of Levi's or Jack's it isn't comparable.

Fwiw I don't think he'll play, but if he does, either Levi or Jack are obvious outs.

It's a good problem to have!

Cheers

OR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

Ockham's Razor wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey,

"Cassie" interesting nickname for a crash & bash big man, seems quite effeminate!

Nonetheless, either Jack or Levi are clearly an obvious choice to drop for Charlie.

I don't think it will happen, however, Charlie can play either of their roles and play to a much higher level.

Levi did well last week. How'd he go vs the Swans? How has he gone most weeks across his entire career? Can he play this week vs Hawthorn as well as he did vs The Dogs?

Charlie is an A grade player, hasn't played anywhere near potential so far this year, however, his best is so far ahead of Levi's or Jack's it isn't comparable.

Fwiw I don't think he'll play, but if he does, either Levi or Jack are obvious outs.

Cheers

OR

He kicked 2.0 in round 22 in 2017 the last time we beat the hawks in the main season.

He also kicked 1.2 in the 2018 pre-season when we also beat the Hawks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Crippa wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey,

Cheers

OR

He kicked 2.0 in round 22 in 2017 the last time we beat the hawks in the main season.

Hey Crippa,

If that's your measure for him, then he plays.

However, across his career he's played against the Hawks 6 times, kicked 7-2, avg of 4 kicks & 3 handballs per game.

If Charlie is fit, then for me it's a no brainer. Others obviosly see value in Levi that I don't. I do see the value of Levi supporting Kreuzer in the ruck, not sure if it outweighs his average performance in most other facets of the game though.

Nonetheless, I reckon Charlie won't play this week and Levi will get his chance to prove me wrong.

Cheers

OR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yeah.
Lets drop Levi in case he doesn't play well this week.
And while we're at it, lets drop SPS in case he doesn't get another 35 possies this week like we know he is capable of.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Yeah.
Lets drop Levi in case he doesn't play well this week.
And while we're at it, lets drop SPS in case he doesn't get another 35 possies this week like we know he is capable of.

Yeah,

That's clearly what I'm saying....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 pm 
Bob Chitty

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey,

Cheers

OR

Hey Crippa,

However, across his career he's played against the Hawks 6 times, kicked 7-2, avg of 4 kicks & 3 handballs per game.

If Charlie is fit, then for me it's a no brainer. Others obviosly see value in Levi that I don't. I do see the value of Levi supporting Kreuzer in the ruck, not sure if it outweighs his average performance in most other facets of the game though.

Nonetheless, I reckon Charlie won't play this week and Levi will get his chance to prove me wrong.

Cheers

OR

Levi is behind Gov, Harry and Charlie and I don’t think we can play all of them. Regardless of what should or shouldn’t happen, my crystal ball says Levi plays another week or two to plateau out and then will be be replaced by Charlie.

In the long run for the club it’s best to give Charlie an extra couple of weeks to recover and then hopefully find the form he has been missing this year. It’s also best for the club in the long run not to drop a player like Levi immediately following a good game.

The quick stats of Levi’s two good games against the Hawks was a bit tongue in cheek :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Crippa wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey,

Cheers

OR

Hey Crippa,

Cheers

OR

Levi is behind Gov, Harry and Charlie and I don’t think we can play all of them. Regardless of what should or shouldn’t happen, my crystal ball says Levi plays another week or two to plateau out and then will be be replaced by Charlie.

In the long run for the club it’s best to give Charlie an extra couple of weeks to recover and then hopefully find the form he has been missing this year. It’s also best for the club in the long run not to drop a player like Levi immediately following a good game.

The quick stats of Levi’s two good games against the Hawks was a bit tongue in cheek :thumbsup:

This is sensible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:

4 quarter effort?
We dominated the first 10 minutes and after that, the Dogs had 24 Inside 50's to 16. They took more control of the game and their 1.7 was the only thing that kept us with a decent lead.

inside 50's? what about possessions, contested possessions, disposal efficiency, metres gained ... and most of all, the scoreboard? all of which are more of a success indicator than inside 50's. lol

their poor kicking for goal had a lot to do with our defensive pressure. don't gloss over that and make out the bulldogs lost the game, rather then we beat them. we smacked them all over the park. off the top of my head i can't think of one of their players who got the best of one of ours?

... it was a 4-qtr effort Vs the dogs -- intensity and execution and belief (we hit our targets and used the corridor more than i've seen under bolton), and we haven't delivered that for 4-quarters in eons.

we do the same vee the hawks, and we're in with a shout.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:22 am 
Ken Hunter

Ockham's Razor wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey,

Cheers

OR

Hey OR,

Moving forward from this point, this year, we need to start rewarding good performances and not accepting mediocre games. This should be our mantra again.

Purely on last weeks output, McGovern offered the least in our forward line and therefore he is the one that makes way. No one should be protected from now on in. I find it interesting that you didn’t mention him in your analysis.

Anyway another point to monitor that will highlight whether we have the right of field leadership group or not.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 am 
Craig Bradley

Blue Steel wrote:
I’d make no change personally. I suspect Cunners needs a run in the twos before replacing Polson. This is an automatic change if he’s fully fit and has touch (given he’s missed a month).

There’s no reason cunners would need a run in the twos. His injury hasn’t prevented him training so his touch should be fine. Even if it wasn’t, a rusty Cuningham is a big upgrade on Polson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:30 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

4 quarter effort?
We dominated the first 10 minutes and after that, the Dogs had 24 Inside 50's to 16. They took more control of the game and their 1.7 was the only thing that kept us with a decent lead.

inside 50's? what about possessions, contested possessions, disposal efficiency, metres gained ... and most of all, the scoreboard? all of which are more of a success indicator than inside 50's. lol

their poor kicking for goal had a lot to do with our defensive pressure. don't gloss over that and make out the bulldogs lost the game, rather then we beat them. we smacked them all over the park. off the top of my head i can't think of one of their players who got the best of one of ours?

... it was a 4-qtr effort Vs the dogs -- intensity and execution and belief (we hit our targets and used the corridor more than i've seen under bolton), and we haven't delivered that for 4-quarters in eons.

This.
They did miss some easy ones but the pressure to score to catch up came from the scoreboard and our defence, which was us playing well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:57 am 
Craig Bradley

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

4 quarter effort?

This.
They did miss some easy ones but the pressure to score to catch up came from the scoreboard and our defence, which was us playing well.

I would also add, we missed our fair share of gettable goals as well, and dropped plenty of uncontested sitters that would have resulted in shots on goal. For every argument you can make for them deserving to be closer, you could make one for us deserving to be further in front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next