Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
jim wrote:
number 10 is cursed wrote:
Think O’Brien will make way for either Kennedy or Stocker next week.
If Charlie is right then the selectors have a decision to make as it would be harsh to drop Casboult on his output today. He is important to give Kreuzer a chop out in the ruck and allow Harry to do his thing.

Play Charlie full time in the midfield. We got him for his ability in both roles. We can't play all 4 up forward.

Maybe swap Charlie for O'Brien and let him play Wing.
Would be a great outlet coming out of defence.
He has the tank to run with any midfielders.

In Charlie, Cuningham
Out O'Brien, Polson

I love this idea.

Agree with the selections too.

OBrien was like a deer in head lights a lot of times against the Doggies.
Reminded me of Garlett the way he stopped at a contest.
He needs to mature n the NBs imo

Polson was imo the weakest link against the Doggies.
3 good tackles of which 2 created goals and 2 good shepherds of which 1 opened the way of a goal.
I can see his value and can see the potential, but I'd have Cuningham ahead of him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Drop McGovern before Levi

On yesterday's performance I'd agree but....I want to see Gov gel with the players around him, plus he looked like the most threatening forward in the 2 previous weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Bash 'em up, Cats!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:42 am 
Stephen Silvagni

In the past after we had a rare good win, it was the leaders that didn't follow up the next week.

I'll be watching our young leaders this week to see the energy levels and effort.

Charlie back in for Levi probably only change but hopefully Cuningham back in for Polson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:04 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Rexy wrote:
In the past after we had a rare good win, it was the leaders that didn't follow up the next week.

I'll be watching our young leaders this week to see the energy levels and effort.

Charlie back in for Levi probably only change but hopefully Cuningham back in for Polson
:lol:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:20 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

moshe25 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Who would you drop for Charlie ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:32 pm 
Ken Hands

Confidence is a scary beast , GO BLUES .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:

Levi has become important to our structure because he is the only one of our tall forwards who can play as 2nd ruck. For me, it’s a choice between Levi & Phillips at the moment and Levi’s spot is relatively secure. SOJ took Charlie’s place yesterday and did enough. Unless McGovern is sore, I wouldn’t rush Charlie back. He had a stop-start JLT and opening month to the season; maybe a week or two in the VFL would be good for his mind and body?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

School holidays are great after a win.

Usually the 2913 Elimination final win against the Tigers runs hot, but Ive watched the Footscray game 3 times now.

My focus was Lachie OBrien because I was critical of him during the live game. One of my boys mentioned he ran alot.

Well following my 3rd view I can confirm Im even more disappointed in Obrien's game.

So many times he jogged when he should have attacked and close in on the player with the ball.
When he lost a contest there was no sense of urgency to make up for it and chase his man.
He led by jogging to dangerous spots when he should have sprinted, therefore got closed down.
There were times when it was his turn to go and he watched play.

He's not switched on imo.He doesn't seem to feel he belongs out there.

For a guy with good set of wheels, he doesn't use them when he needs to.

Given he is blessed with those wheels it will happeb for him, but it should be developed in the NB's.

He go a recall on the back of 2 good foot passes in the NBs in a 15 possession game. Hardly knocking the door down.

He and Polson were the weakest links. The stats dont lie.

37 Fantsy points for LOB and 16 for Polson.
4 disposals to Polson and 7 for LOB
LOB no 1 percenters

Send them back to the NBs for attitude adjustment and development.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

No need to laugh mosche.
Rexy's is a logical suggestion given Levi was dropped, last in, and only in as a late change when Charlie couldnt present fit for the game.

Casboult did well against the shortest team in the competition.

Having said that, there's a case for Levi to stay.

If contribution to the eam is the measuring stick then Polson and LOB must go if Charlie and Cuningham are ready for selection.

Levi contributed more than Gov.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
School holidays are great after a win.

Usually the 2913 Elimination final win against the Tigers runs hot, but Ive watched the Footscray game 3 times now.

My focus was Lachie OBrien because I was critical of him during the live game. One of my boys mentioned he ran alot.

Well following my 3rd view I can confirm Im even more disappointed in Obrien's game.

So many times he jogged when he should have attacked and close in on the player with the ball.
When he lost a contest there was no sense of urgency to make up for it and chase his man.
He led by jogging to dangerous spots when he should have sprinted, therefore got closed down.
There were times when it was his turn to go and he watched play.

He's not switched on imo.He doesn't seem to feel he belongs out there.

For a guy with good set of wheels, he doesn't use them when he needs to.

Given he is blessed with those wheels it will happeb for him, but it should be developed in the NB's.

He go a recall on the back of 2 good foot passes in the NBs in a 15 possession game. Hardly knocking the door down.

He and Polson were the weakest links. The stats dont lie.

37 Fantsy points for LOB and 16 for Polson.
4 disposals to Polson and 7 for LOB
LOB no 1 percenters

Send them back to the NBs for attitude adjustment and development.

I have to agree with this as I watched him closely too ... could be like you’ve said that he doesn’t feel he belongs yet ... but seems nervous out there ... but has the tools ... especially his kicking ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Levi has become important to our structure because he is the only one of our tall forwards who can play as 2nd ruck. For me, it’s a choice between Levi & Phillips at the moment and Levi’s spot is relatively secure. SOJ took Charlie’s place yesterday and did enough. Unless McGovern is sore, I wouldn’t rush Charlie back. He had a stop-start JLT and opening month to the season; maybe a week or two in the VFL would be good for his mind and body?

No he disn't.

Casboult was a late change, less than an hour before the game, because Charlie wasnt fit.

If anything, Silvagni replaced Setterfield.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Bondi, you make a good case for LOB going back to the 2s to get some leather poisoning.

Perhaps he could be the free rebounding defender for Northern.

Might be time for Stocker to debut in his place... ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:56 pm 
Horrie Clover

aboynamedsue wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Agree with abns. Successful teams don't play "favourites" with selection. Levi has earned his place based on his performance and this should be the standard applied to the entire playing group. Charlie has been out of form / touch this season. He has not done enough to warrant being considered an automatic selection if available. We are finally getting some competition for places in the team and this is a good thing. Places in the team need to earned not a given.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:56 pm 
Horrie Clover

there's no way Charlie can come back in for Levi, that's just not fair.

not sure how bad the knock on his knee was at training but how about another week off? the strapping on the knee was plentiful against gold coast.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bondiblue wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

No need to laugh mosche.
Rexy's is a logical suggestion given Levi was dropped, last in, and only in as a late change when Charlie couldnt present fit for the game.

If contribution to the eam is the measuring stick then Polson and LOB must go if Charlie and Cuningham are ready for selection.

Moshe is just a Charlie hater :razz:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

Hawks aint special anymore.Very beatable and i reckon we can do it.Just gotta tag there running backs.Thats the key for mine.Stop 'em getting that spare running out of there backline and we are halfway there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

No need to laugh mosche.

Charlie can play midfield full time. Forward line has depth now with McKay, McGovern, Kerr and Levi.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Mickstar wrote:
Hawks aint special anymore.Very beatable and i reckon we can do it.Just gotta tag there running backs.Thats the key for mine.Stop 'em getting that spare running out of there backline and we are halfway there.

Hawks have been interesting. Played 14 good qtrs out of 16 but had two shocking last qtrs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:02 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Stratton a late out for the Hawks v Cats

Hope he and Frawley won't play next week

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next