Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:56 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sidefx wrote:
Kayo has the full replay.

liking kayo ... in demand replays work

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

How many touches did walsh get?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:

26 ..... 15 kicks and 11 handballs, 9 marks and 4 tackles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Winning is so much better than losing. We should do it more often :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:51 pm 
Robert Walls

The_Cranium wrote:
Winning is so much better than losing. We should do it more often :thumbsup:

Yep. Have to figure out how to get a copy of the game to see it now and watch SPS go bang.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:52 pm 
Robert Walls

The Duke wrote:
jim wrote:
We rose from the dead on Easter Sunday!

Did Jesus kick 100 points? I think not!

Even Daisy doubted we could do it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:55 pm 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
McKay and SPS plenty of ability both had breakout games
Crops
Fisher worked his way into it
Plowman credit to him today solid
Gibbons good pick up
Jones definitely has become tighter in defence
There the pros

The cons
McGovern needs to become not involved
The Bulldogs could not of played worse

Swings and roundabouts...how many games of we lost when we of been in the game but played worsely than the operasition

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:02 pm 
Robert Walls

Credit where its due...I've been critical of SPS in the past but today was his best game for the club; better than the game against Coll 2 years ago

Keep it up!!!

And Gibbons...he will be a beauty. He just seemed so comfortable on the big stage today. Glad the MC didn't drop him after the PA or Syd game

Well done boys, and well done to the coaches as well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

been watching extended highlights ... our midfield is going to be a monster over the next 3-4 seasons.

what a time to be alive.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:
been watching extended highlights ... our midfield is going to be a monster over the next 3-4 seasons.

what a time to be alive.

Aye laddie. Aye.
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

99prelim wrote:

Swings and roundabouts...how many games of we lost when we of been in the game but played worsely than the operasition

99prelim, how the hell did the Collingwood cheer squad hack your TC account? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

Jez1966 wrote:
CK95 wrote:

26 ..... 15 kicks and 11 handballs, 9 marks and 4 tackles

Thanks Jez

So it was Walsh & Bairstow...now it's just Walsh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

“It’s never as good as it seems, it’s never as bad as it seems”.

It was obviously nice to get a win, but my perspective on the team was exactly the same as I left Marvel Stadium today as it was when I was leaving Metricon Stadium last Sunday. We are a burgeoning team, showing excellent endeavour, but still have a long way to go. Things worked out for us today, they didn’t last week.

Those posters who ripped shreds through the club last week and are happy tonight need to remember that we had exactly the same coaches, the same recruiting staff and (mostly) the same players today as we did last week; they didn’t try any more or less this week; there was no radically different game style this week.

A developing team’s ability to execute from week to week will vary, depending on various factors (including what the opposition do). What we cannot deviate from (and, IMO, haven’t this season so far) is to give 100% each week. The wins will come if we keep working hard and the team is allowed to settle (ie. some luck with injury is required).

I will join in the weeping & gnashing of teeth if we become uncompetitive but the reaction (by some) to a 2 point loss last week was OTT. I will be disappointed if we lose to Hawthorn, but as long as I can see improvement building (which I did at the GC game last week) - and the difference between our best and worst becomes progressively smaller and smaller - I will not be savaging the club because I understand the situation we’re in.

Last edited by aboynamedsue on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:32 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

99prelim wrote:
keogh wrote:
McKay and SPS plenty of ability both had breakout games
Crops
Fisher worked his way into it
Plowman credit to him today solid
Gibbons good pick up
Jones definitely has become tighter in defence
There the pros

The cons
McGovern needs to become not involved
The Bulldogs could not of played worse

:lol:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:

It was obviously nice to get a win, but my perspective on the team was exactly the same as I left Marvel Stadium today as it was when I was leaving Metricon Stadium last Sunday. We are a burgeoning team, showing excellent endeavour, but still have a long way to go. Things worked out for us today, they didn’t last week.

Those posters who ripped shreds through the club last week and are happy tonight need to remember that we had exactly the same coaches, the same recruiting staff and (mostly) the same players today as we did last week; they didn’t try any more or less this week; there was no radically different game style this week.

A developing team’s ability to execute from week to week will vary, depending on various factors (including what the opposition do). What we cannot deviate from (and, IMO, haven’t this season so far) is to give 100% each week. The wins will come if we keep working hard and the team is allowed to settle (ie. some luck with injury is required).

I will join in the weeping & gnashing of teeth if we become uncompetitive but the reaction (by some) to a 2 point loss last week was OTT. I will be disappointed if we lose to Hawthorn, but as long as I can see improvement building (which I did at the GC game last week) - and the difference between our best and worst becomes progressively smaller and smaller - I will not be savaging the club because I understand the situation we’re in.

Well said. Could not believe the hysteria last week after still being well in every match in the last quarter this season.
We've been very competitive. It's been simple skill errors, lack of composure, and poor decision making that has let us down.
All things that you have to expect with so many kids.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

That was one mighty game by SPS … very slick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

SOS looked bigger & Stronger this year, hence his forward pressure was much better than last year....

I am beginning to worry that McKay and Curnow just don't play well together.... They need to find a System between them because We still have Currnow to come back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:

Fully agree with your sentiment.

The thing with last week, for me at least, was that we really butchered the ball and our skill level and decision making was so far from required standards. It wasn’t a great standard game but we should never have lost from the position we were in. In fact we should of had the game sown up by 3 qtr time.

I was extremely disheartened after that.

Couldn’t be happier with our response today. Was fearing we’d go the opposite way.

Hope this is the kickstart we need and all and sundry get great confidence from an all round quality performance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

aboynamedsue wrote:

Can’t agree. We played a more structured forward line with KP players playing deeper and coming up towards the ball. We had a taller forward line today with SOJ vs Charlie. Our midfield delivery looked for the hit up lead better. Our ruckman dominated and gave us a clear advantage form stoppages.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Great to get a result.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next