Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:33 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Stuart Dew ate Mark Riciuto. I dozed off for 5 minutes and woke up to that sight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Caro’s thoughts on the development of SPS and McKay will be interesting this week.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Great win on the back of four quarters of effort, possession footy and taking the risks when they were there to be taken. That's a more modern game plan than we've seen. A BALANCED performance. Can't ask for more than that.

I've been critical of SPS for cruising but tonight he showed us for just the second time what he is truly capable of when he is in full flight. I think he is the best two sided player by foot I've seen for years. Great game from him on the back of Cripps grunt work. If he can reproduce anything like that form on a regular basis, he will be the jet we know he can be.
I think BB would be satisified with Jack's input. He was serviceable without standing out. One thing we know about Jack, is that he always has a go. One goal and a couple of goal assists isn't too bad for your first game for a while.
Gibbons looked more at home up the ground. He is an accumulator of possessions.
Fisher looked v dangerous in the second half especially.
Kreuzer did well for his first game back from a spell. Couple of nice marks and ruckwork OK against a young opponent, who will be a great player in a few years.
Plowman was serviceable. Not sure what the knock is on him. He backed himself in tonight and won a lot more contests than he lost. Why we want him to have 100% efficiency when we are happy for some others to have 50-60 is beyond me.
Harry had a great game playing inside the F50 where he belongs as well as taking some great grabs down the line. One more bounce and he would have slotted that Buddy-like goal.

On the down side, I thought Polson was ordinary again. He did a coupe of good defensive acts but I think his position is vulnerable. The NB got up and so there may be someone there who can come in for him.
Also, Dow's kicking is not too flash, which is a pity because the rest of his game is first class.

Do we put Charlie back next week? We can't drop Levi based on that run. He was a monster in every way.

It feels so good to win. I kept saying to my missus at the death, the 100 points don't matter. It's the win that matters but I was glad when we got it, just the same. I've been saying that if we kick 90 per week we'll win a lot of games.

I think it's clear we have the cattle and now we have the cattle that have a win under their belts. I think we will win the next two on the back of this. Hawks at Lonny are hard but we officially have the best clearance mids in the game and if they can do what they did tonight and deliver it into the F50 with poise, we will win and despite their coach's desire that we write NM off at our peril, I've written them off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
Caro’s thoughts on the development of SPS and McKay will be interesting this week.

its clear they have not developed, perhaps even gone backwards. she will find other players to suit her argument now. look out walsh.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

we have the list
and the list is believing

our defense was great

Walsh!!!!

Cripps, SPS, Fisher and Dow - lookout!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

McKay and SPS plenty of ability both had breakout games
Crops
Fisher worked his way into it
Plowman credit to him today solid
Gibbons good pick up
Jones definitely has become tighter in defence
There the pros

The cons
McGovern needs to become not involved
The Bulldogs could not of played worse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Went out to a pub with my wife, daughter, son in law and the two grandsons to get out of the house.

Sitting in the beer garden and the son in law pulls out his phone to check the scores (we were both pessimistic about our chances), "shit, we're well in front late in the first quarter". We bolted inside to watch the game, "sorry fellas we can't show you that game". So it's back to the beer garden and constantly checking the score on the phone. Ah, the relief when half way through the last quarter we realised we were going to win, or more that we couldn't lose from there. I almost had a tear in the eye at the end, the world's a better, brighter place right now.

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Really happy with the win and our performance in general for the same reasons mentioned by others. However it must be said that the Dogs were their own worst enemy today.

Hopefully Charlie will return next week and maybe Cunningham as well (or maybe he will return via VFL). I expect Willo and Stocker will be pressing for selection soon as well.

Much more depth these days.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

We rose from the dead on Easter Sunday!

Vale 1953-2020

keogh wrote:
Crops
Gibbons good pick up
There the pros

The cons

Good analysis.

Yep
Yes, green shoots turned into crops
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yep, right there.

Yes, can't have Gov be too involved - teach him to put in less
Don't get why this is a con, and they could yes of played worse imo

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Ken Hunter

I kjniw the dogs were their own worst enemy just w=as we are our own worst enemy when we lose!!! That;'s the @#$%&! point of losing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:

I can imagine the wraps if the Hawks had drafted Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cunningham, SPS, Fisher, Dow, O'Brien, De Koning, Walsh and Stocker in the last four drafts. Plus Marchbank, Kennedy, Setterfield and McGovern who we traded for without removing ourselves from a draft. The pressure will be placed on our next top ten pick or trade acquisition. :fight: :smoking:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

jim wrote:
We rose from the dead on Easter Sunday!

Did Jesus kick 100 points? I think not!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

It's been 2019 years without kicking 100

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:02 pm 
formerly King Kenny

keogh wrote:
Crops
Gibbons good pick up
There the pros

The cons

We smashed the bulldogs at their own game. That’s why they lost.

Four quarters of effort from us, a great spread of possessions across the midfield, and a superb defence. Add a strong froward line and it’s the game we have been promising all season so far.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

moshe25 wrote:
Stuart Dew ate Mark Riciuto. I dozed off for 5 minutes and woke up to that sight.

If his name isn't 'Mountain' there's no sense of humor in football anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes the doggies were atrocious and looked like us at our worst, BUT, the pressure applied across the board from our team was a big factor in that.

The kick the ball 16 times across half back tactic is not pretty but the boys seemed to believe in their coaching today and backed themselves with it.

That chain of handballs through the wing to set up Levi in the square was something very SPECIAL - the young lads backed their ability & instinct and just shredded it.

Well done boys.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Im waiting for Boltons presser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Kouta wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

I can imagine the wraps if the Hawks had drafted Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cunningham, SPS, Fisher, Dow, O'Brien, De Koning, Walsh and Stocker in the last four drafts. Plus Marchbank, Kennedy, Setterfield and McGovern who we traded for without removing ourselves from a draft. The pressure will be placed on our next top ten pick or trade acquisition. :fight: :smoking:

I thin SOS gets a tick when you look at that tbh. Now Bolts has flicked the switch to winning AFL style who knows how far we can go ? Genuinely looking forward to Willo and Stocker coming into this team,and the return of Cunners. Polson is the first to go, but after that it gets tougher.....which is a very good thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next