Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Touk Miller (GCFC)
5 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
4 David Swallow (GCFC)
2 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Brayden Fiorini (GCFC)

Leaderboard - 2019
Round 4
Votes Player Club
34 Marcus Bontempelli WB
29 Patrick Cripps CARL
26 Tim Kelly GEEL
25 Patrick Dangerfield GEEL
24 Lachlan Neale BL
23 Lachie Whitfield GWS
19 Sebastian Ross STK
18 Jeremy Cameron GWS
17 Travis Boak PORT
17 Stephen Coniglio GWS
16 Luke Shuey WCE
15 Shaun Higgins NMFC
14 Nat Fyfe FRE
13 Andrew Gaff WCE
13 Jade Gresham STK
13 Daniel Rich BL
12 Ben Cunnington NMFC
12 Scott Lycett PORT
12 Jack Macrae WB

Not one vote for Liam Jones? :eek:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
Two match sanction for Setterfield even with an early plea.

You've gotta be kidding !! Yeah the kid was concussed but it wasn't a malicious tackle,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Touk Miller (GCFC)
5 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
4 David Swallow (GCFC)
2 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Brayden Fiorini (GCFC)

Leaderboard - 2019
Round 4
Votes Player Club
34 Marcus Bontempelli WB
29 Patrick Cripps CARL
26 Tim Kelly GEEL
25 Patrick Dangerfield GEEL
24 Lachlan Neale BL
23 Lachie Whitfield GWS
19 Sebastian Ross STK
18 Jeremy Cameron GWS
17 Travis Boak PORT
17 Stephen Coniglio GWS
16 Luke Shuey WCE
15 Shaun Higgins NMFC
14 Nat Fyfe FRE
13 Andrew Gaff WCE
13 Jade Gresham STK
13 Daniel Rich BL
12 Ben Cunnington NMFC
12 Scott Lycett PORT
12 Jack Macrae WB

Liam Jones robbed

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Both posts above remind me that there's always salt to be thrown at a Carlton wound....coz it sells papers.

They can't break us.

Stay the course.

I'm guessing that we should shake the Assistant coaches who have control of their zones.
I don't know how the forwards coach (Teague) and Midfield coach (Barker) could not have devised a plan and some tricks over the preseason.

The style of play may be up to the Head Coach.
Once the midfield zone has possession, they head forward, and may even be delivering into F50.
It is pretty straight forward who the next zone in contention and connection will be. Forwards,

We have McKay Casboult, Curnow and McGovern: 2 Talls Mobile talls.

Commonly called TARGETS. Where's the coordination between Barker and Teague?
Barker is a qualified senior coach. FMD.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blues-players-must-own-losses-cripps-docherty-20190415-p51eg0.html

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:

I liked the part where Parkin referred to Carlton as “we”.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

I spoke privately to Parko - at a Hawthorn function of all places - and when we got talking about Carlton he referred to the Blues as ‘we’ and ‘us’ throughout the conversation.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

FOX FOOTY
‏Verified account @FOXFOOTY
4m4 minutes ago

.@CarltonFC's Sam Walsh has earned the Round 4 Rising Star nomination.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

I got home this afternoon after 5 days on the Gold Coast.
Still fuming more than 24 hours after the loss.
I saw the players at the beach doing their recovery from training on Saturday afternoon, a bit of a highlight for me.
We spoke briefly to a couple of the coaching panel, they said they were very confident about the game.
Metricon is such a pain to get to, shuttle bus from Broadbeach was our mode of transport.
There was a nazi woman at the gates on the way in. I hate footy food so I bought a nice bread roll from Baker's delight and packed some snacks and drinks. Upon checking my bag this woman picks up my roll, which was in the bakers delight bag as I had no glad wrap. She told me I could not take my bread roll into the ground. Quite taken aback I asked why not and was told it was because the stadium was a commercial stadium and you could not take commercial food in. I told her how pathetic it was and have never had this problem anywhere else. Mind you my sister went in with hers. After a short argument with her I took my bread roll out of my bag and threw it in the bin. I refused to buy any of their food so went hungry. Not off to a good start.
The game itself was pretty average, I thought we controlled it for most of the time but just couldn't put them away.
Those umpires were a joke, especially that female one who was clueless.
How she paid holding the ball just on half time against Gibbons was baffling as he had someone lying on his back with the ball stuck under him. As it turned out it was a game changer.
We should have put the game away in the 3rd, but just kept that door ajar.
Sitting there you just knew what the result was going to be and how it was going to happen, so predictable we are.
I left the ground as soon as the siren went and went to line up for our bus home.
Hungry and pissed off and bloody angry.
How much more do we have to put up with this crap?
Enough's enough.
Why can't we just win a game?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm 
Horrie Clover

Effes wrote:
FOX FOOTY
‏Verified account @FOXFOOTY
4m4 minutes ago

.@CarltonFC's Sam Walsh has earned the Round 4 Rising Star nomination.

Thanks Effes, great news!

Every week we're seeing some special history unfold before our eyes with this kid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

GWS wrote:

So the co-captains, ex coaches and pretty much anyone else who understand our position, thinks the players need to take responsibility for these losses rather than just head hunting Bolton. And that they need to work on their decision making, composure and skills individually. Mind blowing stuff right there! :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Pros
Weitering - Back to the star he was always going to be
Jones - Didn't think he would make it but credit to him
Walsh - Will be the best mid in the league in 5 years time with his amazing running power both ways
Cripps
Defence

Cons
100 points doesn't even look realistic.
This hold the ball as long as you can and take the tackler on get caught then throw a handball out or get a quick kick in to put someone else under pressure kills us every time. Please FIRST OPTION!!! Cripps needs to get this out of his game and so do many of the young players who have picked up this bad habit with Fisher one of the worst offenders.
We are painfully slow adding Setterfield and Kennedy looks a bad fit.
Paddy Dow was a poor kick in the U/18's and still a poor kick. With his speed and running power he's exactly what we are looking for if he could only kick.
Playing midfielders as forwards doesn't work. We desperately need to draft/trade some natural small/medium size forwards.
4 Tall Forwards
Desperately need De Koning to be fast tracked with Kruezer only having a couple seasons left and Phillips and Lobbe just list fill.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Both posts above remind me that there's always salt to be thrown at a Carlton wound....coz it sells papers.

They can't break us.

Stay the course.

I'm guessing that we should shake the Assistant coaches who have control of their zones.
I don't know how the forwards coach (Teague) and Midfield coach (Barker) could not have devised a plan and some tricks over the preseason.

Once the midfield zone has possession, they head forward, and may even be delivering into F50.
It is pretty straight forward who the next zone in contention and connection will be. Forwards,

I have said it for a couple of weeks in a row.
Harry takes his marks running at the footy and jumping.
He has to play out of the square and run at the ball carrier. Lynch played a stay at home role in a team with five of their best out and kicked 6, three of them from inside the square. That's the issue right there.
How on earth can we have three tall forwards and not ONE of them inside fifty when the ball goes inside, leaving Gibbons to be the target?
If that's the level of Teague's ability to plan a forward system, I'll go in and do it for nothing.
Put Charlie at high half forward and tell him to hunt the footy on the F50 arc running across the ground like a soccer striker for the shallow entries.
Have Harry for the deep entries playing from the square.
Let McGovern play leading into space to a different side from Charlie.
Anything different from all the forwards high and nothing for the mids to kick to.
We will NEVER win a string of games kicking 10 goals a week.
We need to be kicking 90 points every week. That way we will win 10-12 games a year.

Here's something for next week. Dogs are #1 in the comp for rebounding through the middle into their F50.
What do we do about it?

On a different note, I am disappointed the club saw Dale Thomas's mark on the wing as the mark of the week. It was the prettiest and the highest but to me, Walsh's, where he waited for what was coming and still stood under the footy was way ahead of it. Well done Thomas but for me, not motw.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:25 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:

They can't break us.

Stay the course.

Think Cameron Bruce is the midfield coach.

Be a tough task being a forwards coach at Carlton. It's a lottery what comes into the F50. Teague is a proven good assistant at other clubs and the reason why McGovern came to Carlton after working with him in Adelaide.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

They can't break us.

Stay the course.

Be a tough task being a forwards coach at Carlton. It's a lottery what comes into the F50. Teague is a proven good assistant at other clubs and the reason why McGovern came to Carlton after working with him in Adelaide.

Its not that difficult.

The whole footy world is gobsmacked we have talls and only our shortest to go to deep in the forwardline aganst 1 or 2 mush taller marking players. Maybe Gibbo shouldve led...and the defemders would have followed. Gibbo doesn't have elite speed small forwards possess.

See Blue Sombreros post above...that simple.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton FC
‏Verified account @CarltonFC
1m1 minute ago

Setterfield has accepted the two-match sanction handed down by the Match Review Officer.

He will be available for selection again in Round 7.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
jim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

They can't break us.

Stay the course.

Its not that difficult.

The whole footy world is gobsmacked we have talls and only our shortest to go to deep in the forwardline aganst 1 or 2 mush taller marking players. Maybe Gibbo shouldve led...and the defemders would have followed. Gibbo doesn't have elite speed small forwards possess.

See Blue Sombreros post above...that simple.

I don't it's it's simple. There's a disconnect apparently between Teague and Bruce.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
1m1 minute ago

Setterfield has accepted the two-match sanction handed down by the Match Review Officer.

Weak as piss.

Weaker !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

grrofunger wrote:
Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
1m1 minute ago

Weak as piss.

Weaker !

Careless, High Impact, 2 weeks.

Hard to argue that it wasn't high impact when the player was concussed and played no further part in the game

Unfortunate, but on what grounds would we argue?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

There was nothing wrong with the tackle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next