Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Not ONE chain of handballs through the middle after the first two goals of the second quarter were scored by using the corridor.
NOT ONE!
Charlie Curnow had the ONLY bounce for the entire second half and it caused a turnover.
We were beaten by a team with 21 men for 60 % of the game.

Backs to the wall. The only team in the comp without a win.

They haven't got the guts to back themselves to win and instead persist in the long game to a contest down the line. That's why we were beaten. No guts and no flair. It's been thrashed out of them from Garlett, from SPS, from Fisher. They're just a team of robots in Navy Blue marching like lemmings to the edge using a game plan invented donkeys' years ago.

GCS wanted to win and we were scared we would lose.

POTW right there. The coach is in charge of all these things. Caro will feast and so she should.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:43 pm 
Geoff Southby

Stefchook wrote:
Gibbons was pretty good today. Despite the fact we keep treating him like our main marking forward.

I'd really like to know if that was part of the game plan or just coincidence. I'm leaning to the fact we had 4 talls tells me it was coincidence or poor decision making.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Pro: at least there will be more than half a dozen people posting here this week

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

idle wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
idle wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed that battle. Close, but no cigar. Mistakes made, but this side is nowhere near settled yet. Lots to like and can clearly see the formation of premiership team in the making. Just got to stick fat and persevere until success is reached.

I'll have whatever your having

We were getting flogged by 10 goals not too long ago - remember those days? Yes losing by 2 points hits hard, but perspective matters. We are improving. Our loses are close, frustrating for sure, but not 10 goal beatings. That's improvement. We'll start winning these close games eventually. Summed up we've been a bit unlucky to be four/zip and our future looks promising at long last.

Idle, I love your optimism. I so hope you are right. Thanks for helping us feel better (if only slightly)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sidefx wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
Gibbons was pretty good today. Despite the fact we keep treating him like our main marking forward.

I'd really like to know if that was part of the game plan or just coincidence. I'm leaning to the fact we had 4 talls tells me it was coincidence or poor decision making.

I'd say coaching has an influence over this.

John James

idle wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
idle wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed that battle. Close, but no cigar. Mistakes made, but this side is nowhere near settled yet. Lots to like and can clearly see the formation of premiership team in the making. Just got to stick fat and persevere until success is reached.

We were getting flogged by 10 goals not too long ago - remember those days? Yes losing by 2 points hits hard, but perspective matters. We are improving. Our loses are close, frustrating for sure, but not 10 goal beatings. That's improvement. We'll start winning these close games eventually. Summed up we've been a bit unlucky to be four/zip and our future looks promising at long last.

Losing to gc by 2pts is pretty much equivalent to a 10 goal loss to decent sides. There’s just no excuse for it.

Geoff Southby

We’re still miles behind the rest of the comp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I’m done. Over. Forget about it. Enough!

Can’t wait for next week.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sin City wrote:
As hard to swallow as the Ben Dixon game.

Let a golden opportunity slip, you'll pay for unforced errors at the top level.

Paddy Dow the new Jordan Doering??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

Gibbons barely AFL standard as are a few others
Disappointing won 3 games out of the least 35
Not good enough even for a club rebuilding

The last 3 years have we ever won a winnable game and we always mangle in some form or another those games

Also have given no 1 pick to Adelaide in the off-season

Really lamentable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DesEnglish wrote:
Bolton has to go. Whether it’s his fault or not there has to be a change and unfortunately for him sacking the coach is the most obvious outcome.

The club need a circuit breaker

He has to stay the year at least.
He was given a three year rebuild. He's two years and four weeks in. If we sack him, he has every right to say he wasn't allowed his full three years.
This was a shit loss and the game plan is crap. If Wallsy and the other coaches can't get him to play modern footy then at the end of the year, if we haven't improved on-field, he goes.
Tonight we kicked 59 points. I'm as pissed off as anybody with the result but can we really expect to win games of footy kicking 59 points? Ross Lyon proved a decade ago that defence is all very well but it won't ever win you a GF. We have to be able to kick 90 points a week, win or lose. The only way to do that is to play a game with players in front of the footy. Either BB is stubborn or he doesn't watch the the teams in the comp playing.
The best teams in the comp atm all play a run and stun game on the back of being able to possess the footy. We don't do either and anybody who does try and break the lines has nobody to kick to because they're all behind him.
Harry has to stay at home. That way it keeps the defence honest and gives us someone other than Gibbons to kick long to.
I can't believe I am stiil up at almost 3:00 watching this rubbish week after week.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue4ever wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Stefchook wrote:

I'd say coaching has an influence over this.

I hope they grill Bolton in the presser about it then so we can find out WTF happened with our going tall structure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

frank dardew wrote:
Gibbons barely AFL standard as are a few others
Disappointing won 3 games out of the least 35
Not good enough even for a club rebuilding

The last 3 years have we ever won a winnable game and we always mangle in some form or another those games

Also have given no 1 pick to Adelaide in the off-season

Really lamentable

Long way to go BUT it seems we will be handing over pick 1 to the Crows, we already are the laughing stock of the AFL. Many laughs to be had at our expense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
I’m done. Over. Forget about it. Enough!

Can’t wait for next week.

:clap:
I think that sums up a lot of us. I'm not over it but I can't wait for next week. Nothing like sitting up till 3:00 watching them play shit footy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:55 pm 
Geoff Southby

Yep, let's hope Kreuzer is ready to go next week. We really need that big body with good leadership in the middle and throw in Jack to see how he stands up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

BlueDW wrote:
idle wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
idle wrote:

Losing to gc by 2pts is pretty much equivalent to a 10 goal loss to decent sides. There’s just no excuse for it.

yup. only carlton could lose to a team that was expected to not win a game for the year. good thing we swapped our first round pick.

i have supported this club since the days of the fold out memberships, and i bought my daughter a membership before she got a birth certificate, but i can no longer support this club. there is no direction, no belief, no skills present, no heart

ratts was never going to lead us to a premiership, but since he was sacked, the club has been running in quicksand, this is not the club I grew up supporting, the whole lot can go and....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

In the same draft... Dow, O’Brien, Kennedy, Lang
That’s Shane Rodgers type te recruiting right there.
Questions need to be asked now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Sombrero wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Bolton has to go. Whether it’s his fault or not there has to be a change and unfortunately for him sacking the coach is the most obvious outcome.

He was given a three year rebuild. He's two years and four weeks in. If we sack him, he has every right to say he wasn't allowed his full three years.
This was a shit loss and the game plan is crap. If Wallsy and the other coaches can't get him to play modern footy then at the end of the year, if we haven't improved on-field, he goes.
Tonight we kicked 59 points. I'm as pissed off as anybody with the result but can we really expect to win games of footy kicking 59 points? Ross Lyon proved a decade ago that defence is all very well but it won't ever win you a GF. We have to be able to kick 90 points a week, win or lose. The only way to do that is to play a game with players in front of the footy. Either BB is stubborn or he doesn't watch the the teams in the comp playing.
The best teams in the comp atm all play a run and stun game on the back of being able to possess the footy. We don't do either and anybody who does try and break the lines has nobody to kick to because they're all behind him.
Harry has to stay at home. That way it keeps the defence honest and gives us someone other than Gibbons to kick long to.
I can't believe I am stiil up at almost 3:00 watching this rubbish week after week.

3am, you're a better man than I.

Do you really think we can afford to wait another 18 games? What if nothing changes, or it gets worse?

He needs to go. Everything you say about our game style says he needs to go.

Who at the club has had success? Who are they learning from? When it gets tough, who do they look to and say what we do? There's no-one one the field nor the coach that can answer.

Craig Bradley

Blue Sombrero wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

3 years and 4 weeks.

Harry Vallence

I thought I'd got past caring, nup. That hurt, that hurt badly.

All these years of green shoots, all these years of high draft picks and we're still crap. If we'd lost a high standard game by two points fair enough, but this was a shocking game of footy by any standard.

Same old same old every season, that's what kills me. Terrible disposal, terrible kicking for goal, terrible decision making, terrible tactics, senior players who let the team down. I dunno, god it's hard to find any positives in this team or club right now.

The fact we parted with our no1 draft pick to Adelaide suggests the "brains trust" expected at least a modicum of improvement this year. Ha! Right now we are the worst team in the AFL by a considerable margin. We're by far the worst team of this century. We're a laughing stock.

If there isn't significant improvement next year I fear for the future of our club in its present form. Fitzroy anyone?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next