Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:19 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

jamespul65 wrote:
i was at the game and all i saw was long bomb into forward line and like the last few years we dont mark it and the opposition with numbers and speed take the ball and run it out with serious of handballs and delivery . Bolts has to change this under 12 game plan.

Yes, we need frivolous handballs and delivery.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 am 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
i was at the game and all i saw was long bomb into forward line and like the last few years we dont mark it and the opposition with numbers and speed take the ball and run it out with serious of handballs and delivery . Bolts has to change this under 12 game plan.

Yes, we need frivolous handballs and delivery.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We already have the frivolous handballs.
All we need is the delivery.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 am 
Bob Chitty

i was seriously annoyed that we lost this game .... but then i look at it in the whole a week later, especially after the pies smashed the lions ...

just as carlton could have easily had a few wins on the board, gold coast could easily be 0-4 as well ... its literally the difference in a kick or a play ...

i do think we need a generaly in the forward line, someone to direct and take charge ... we have it in the defence (Jones, Weitering, Docherty) .. we have it in the Midfield (Cripps) but we dont have someone that commands the forward line ... (I for once actually agreed with King/McClure)

I think we should give McKay licence to be that general ... i think Curnow is more of a Richardson/Reiwvoldt type forward where as McKay could be an out of the square 60-80 goals a year traditional forward .... I know he is young, and its alot to ask, but i think we need to make the decision and commit to it. He will grow into the role ... and once we get the midfield working with our forward line .. watch out ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:52 am 
Ken Hunter

sorry I do not like that idea. Some - few - are born leaders - a Hodge type...most have to be shown the model and learn. In my mind its one of the errors carlton has made over the past 20 years, just assuming naming someone a leader makes them a leader - it doesn't. I like Thomas (more so than Simmo) or if we must, Murph HFF to direct, but the truth is no one really springs to mind. I think Weitering was a good suggestion - I knoiw he's found his place etc...and I'd leave him, but of ther talls he is the only current one showing signs of being a true leader. The other one who comes to mind (oddly I admit is SPS, sometimes he shows flashes of leadership so I can't help but wonder)

So Thomas (if he can lead or SPS if he may be able to) and the forwards to learn off him and then find the leader from that group - if one of them can't (or Murph, though I have my doubts about that idea - and I can hear GWS already...) then I'd choose Weitering and move Charlie to CHB- short term pain yes...but if it meant we ended up with a general forward directing traffic- fantastic!.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

:smoking:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

So last night score review overturned an umps “touched” call for the Pies.

Last week Setters touched call was inclusive on review and remained that. If It had been overturned as last night we beat the Suns. Them’s the breaks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 pm 
Serge Silvagni

jamespul65 wrote:
i was at the game and all i saw was long bomb into forward line and like the last few years we don't mark it and the opposition with numbers and speed take the ball and run it out with serious of handballs and delivery . Bolts has to change this under 12 game plan.

Agree totally. All I see is a 60's / 70's game plan of bomb it long and hope for a big mark, but if that doesn't happen we have no natural crumbers like in the Buckley, Sheldon, Marcou, Ashman, mosquito fleet era. I don't think that our coaches even consider teaching our small forwards how to crumb off a pack , or the tall forwards how to knock on a ball if they can't mark it, which is essential if we want to play the shit game style that we are playing. Harry is doing well. Charlie hasn't played a good game this year, the Bolt is a waste of space and sadly there is no-one else other than Kruezer, who is a poor mark for his size, but at least gets into the right positions, competes, is a good kick, is above average at ground level and a has a football brain.
I live in SA so I don't see any training, but I wonder how much time players get to work on their deficiencies instead of tactical drills that to date, and for the past few years have delivered zero. For example, I would have Paddy Dow training on his own for a month and a couple of days a week afterwards with Craig Bradley or Greg Williams teaching him how to kick to position on the run, because he can't kick for shit. We lambasted Carratzo for his kicking, but at least he got it 30 times per game.
I think that Bolton's time clock is running down. Our last experiment with a coach who had not played AFL ended with our first wooden spoon. This experiment isn't going much better. Getting thoroughly sick of excuses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Will Lobbe and Kreuzer both play?
It's almost worth it just to see the whinge metre go into overdrive. :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

Glad we get another crack at these spuds this season. Reckon we'll smack them up next time around

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
Glad we get another crack at these spuds this season. Reckon we'll smack them up next time around

No doubt.

We should have beaten Gold Coast last week.
No one disagrees with that except what happened in the last 10 seconds which we learned a lot from.

Next time, based on our current form and injuries, we will smash them by 10 goals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:51 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

No doubt.

We should have beaten Gold Coast last week.
No one disagrees with that except what happened in the last 10 seconds which we learned a lot from.

Next time, based on our current form and injuries, we will smash them by 10 goals

The game might have been physically lost in the last ten seconds but we put ourselves in that position by stuffing up so many easy shots for goal early on.
We should have been 15-24 points in front with ten seconds to go and then we wouldn't have been having this discussion at all.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Any links to the full reply of this game, or at the very least the last quarter (last two minutes is on Youtube)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

chelodina wrote:
Any links to the full reply of this game, or at the very least the last quarter (last two minutes is on Youtube)

Do you really want to watch it again?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
chelodina wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:
chelodina wrote:

LOL. a bit of talk about the Murphy/Holman interaction after Holman kicked the goal at the 10min mark of the last quarter.

Would like to check it out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14