Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:
But hey seems below par efforts are acceptable under our coach.

With rubbish like that, standards aren't much better amongst the supporters either.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
Charlie Constable.

He may be your 'i told you so', broken record, 'hindsight is a wonderful thing' regurgitation BUT

1. He went pick 36 so every other club passed on him at least once
2. Geel were afforded the luxury of giving him a year in the ressies...invaluable learning and transitioning experience

He may well become a better player than LOB, but right now, picking the better one is a toss of the coin. We simply don't have enough evidence either way. Revisit after they've both played 50-70 games

And if Constable is deemed the better player, no doubt you'll play us the entire album, not just the A and B side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

It starts with actually hunting the ball and putting your head over it each and every time. Walsh is a star in the making because he does all of the above.

He wants the ball in his hand. See ball, get ball is his mantra.

We have so many that want someone else to give it to them. Number those who put their head over the ball every contest and fight like ten men to win it. That's where we lack. Someone like SPS can have all the tricks and the skill but when the whips a cracking and you have to get down and dirty, forget it.

Sorry but we still don't have the right mix of skills and mental/physical toughness.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:24 pm 
Robert Walls

Paddycripps wrote:
People always say we've got to play four quarters.

Well I'd settle for three right now.

Two quarters a game is all we can offer this year it seems.

We'd be top 4 right now if we played 3 good quarters in each of our games

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
It starts with actually hunting the ball and putting your head over it each and every time. Walsh is a star in the making because he does all of the above.

We have so many that want someone else to give it to them. Number those who put their head over the ball every contest and fight like ten men to win it. That's where we lack. Someone like SPS can have all the tricks and the skill but when the whips a cracking and you have to get down and dirty, forget it.

Sorry but we still don't have the right mix of skills and mental/physical toughness.

Regards Cazzesman

Yup...starting to head into amber (pre-bust) territory for mine
Has time to change, but time is a precious commodity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Charlie Constable.

He may be your 'i told you so', broken record, 'hindsight is a wonderful thing' regurgitation BUT

2. Geel were afforded the luxury of giving him a year in the ressies...invaluable learning and transitioning experience

He may well become a better player than LOB, but right now, picking the better one is a toss of the coin. We simply don't have enough evidence either way. Revisit after they've both played 50-70 games

And if Constable is deemed the better player, no doubt you'll play us the entire album, not just the A and B side

Look I know I got that pick 10 wrong - as you say hindsight is a beautiful thing, Tim Kelly is clearly a better player than Charlie Constable.

But I’ll still stick with my original pick 10 of Constable.

And if you’re still posting here in 10 years time I’ll still continue to give you the shits unless of course one of us is dead before then.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:47 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Charlie Constable.

Look I know I got that pick 10 wrong - as you say hindsight is a beautiful thing, Tim Kelly is clearly a better player than Charlie Constable.

But I’ll still stick with my original pick 10 of Constable.

And if you’re still posting here in 10 years time I’ll still continue to give you the shits unless of course one of us is dead before then.

If it makes you feel better, you don't give me the shits...My post (apart from my 'album' smart arse comment) was genuine
Yes you picked Constable...big deal. Many others didn't
It's like picking a Melb Cup winner. Punters can mount a case for half the field.
I'm sure the recruiters could mount a case for why he went at pick 36
For mine, I wouldve taken Jack Higgins
And...Constable has had a different apprenticeship to LOB...right now we're not comparing apples with apples

Can I give you a bear hug now...or extend an olive branch? You know about olive branches? Well of course you would :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

Cazzesman wrote:
Someone like SPS can have all the tricks and the skill but when the whips a cracking and you have to get down and dirty, forget it.

Regards Cazzesman

But he used to be a rodeo rider.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:52 pm 
Robert Walls

bluedog wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Someone like SPS can have all the tricks and the skill but when the whips a cracking and you have to get down and dirty, forget it.

Regards Cazzesman

But he used to be a rodeo rider.

More like a Holden Rodeo Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
Not too sure if some of the posters were there today. We were ordinary and the final sore flattered us.

Tell me this- if a coach said to me go and get 4 possessions in 4 quarters of footy. The kid can't play. SOS saw him have a blinder in an average APS game . He also liked Liam Summner. Questions need to be asked.

:clap:

Also liked Plowman too.

But trust in SOS.......... blindly.

:wink:

Plowman’s start to the year has been pretty good. Gotten more out of him and Phillios than the Crows out of Troy Menzel.
But yeah, let’s start on the list manager because he didn’t get a late pick right :roll:
Take someone like the Geelong bloke Wells though. He’s spent top picks on players like Snedts, Mitch Brown, Thurlow and Lang but he’s a genius right ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

They’re got one of the best midfields in the AFL, but they continue to draft them, like Kelly, Fogarty, Constable.

Might not get them all right but he’s pretty good.

Oh and Clark, Miers and Atkins.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Look don’t take it personally SOS is the greatest fullback I’ve ever seen and I’ll argue against anyone who’ll tell me different.

He’s also the best List Manager we’ve ever had, but he’s not the best List Manager we could ever of had.

We could be so far ahead of where we are now.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

AGRO wrote:
They’re got one of the best midfields in the AFL, but they continue to draft them, like Kelly, Fogarty, Constable.

Might not get them all right but he’s pretty good.

Oh and Clark, Miers and Atkins.

So why complain about SOS who has gotten plenty right and a couple of speculative late picks wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Not just the late picks - it’s the cost of some his trades as well.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

Apart from the game plan of which the consensus seems to be 'what game plan', there seems to be an agreement that players should earn their positions in the team.

On this basis at the very minimum for next week

OUT: Polson, Gibbons, Lobbe

IN: Kennedy, SOJ, Philips.

I would also bring in Garlett for O'Brien but only if he is played no further back than the wing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:56 pm 
Trevor Keogh

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

I only played until under 12’s due to a spinal fusion but is it only the low percentage risk of broken fingers or a football in the head that stops all players smothering? Following on from your sentiments I was metres away from Dow and couldn’t understand why he didn’t (and doesn’t generally) smother a kick from a Richmond player in the first quarter that resulted in a goal. I see it time and time again - Walsh however does it ALL the time. I also can’t understand why our players continually fall for the feign/step when in other sports you’re trained only to watch the hips - is it that difficult to fathom? I would love to see how many games we’ve lost over the last 15 years against our tackle count.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:30 pm 
Horrie Clover

Other than a few, none of our players look like they have any belief in themselves, they don't have any swagger, or exude any confidence in what they are doing.

Its impossible to win with a mindset like that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Tongue wrote:
Other than a few, none of our players look like they have any belief in themselves, they don't have any swagger, or exude any confidence in what they are doing.

Its impossible to win with a mindset like that.

Charlie and Harry are the exception in the swagger department.

You're right though. We need a cauliflower injection into this team.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:50 pm 
Ken Hands

Heard from people at other clubs that Harry fancies himself. As he should.

Also heard some eyebrows were raised on Royal Pd regarding the way "Brackets" McGovern presented, especially given his paycheque. Truth in jest, and all that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

Cazzesman wrote:

We have so many that want someone else to give it to them. Number those who put their head over the ball every contest and fight like ten men to win it. That's where we lack.

Regards Cazzesman

This was very evident today. Sydney hunted, harassed and wanted it. Can’t say the same about us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next