Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sidefx wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
What I believe most everyone is saying in a roundabout way is this:

Sydney has a game plan and they know how to execute it.

It is a better game plan than ours whatever our game plan is.Facts please! Er we have won 3 games in how many AND you do not think our game plan has anything to do with it?

Whatever our game plan is, it is stifling the talents of our young, skilled players.Nonsense You ask for fact then you give a subjective response.

We are killing Cripps with our second best grunt mid fielder in Kennedy not playing.He's apparently injured, again Didn't know. Nice if the club website could let us know.

It will turn around when

1. Kennedy gets in

2. Philips/Kreuzer are back

3. C Curnow is back

4. McGovern is back

Agreed

And the boys are allowed to play down the corridor. Maybe the reason is that they still have issues with basic skills and going down the corridor would see 100pt blow outs. Fact: How do you know unless you give it a try. The current plan is not working, is it.

Rose coloured glasses.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

Ockham's Razor wrote:
The Duke wrote:
OR, does the club have mindfulness programs or meditation? Who looks after their mental health?

Hey Duke,

The club has a variety of wellness programs for the players, the mental wellbeing of each player is of paramount importance as much as their physical development and health.

The club may need to extend the wellness programs to a few supporters if it can't speed up the onfield results!!!!

Where do I sign. My brain hurts watching us almost get close only to stumble. :cry:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

moshe25 wrote:
..... Plus I get to see some good people from TC at the footy as well which is a bonus.

Great to see you there yesterday BV. My first game in around a year after being..... er...... otherwise indisposed.

Three highlights:

1.Cripps carrying an opponent on his back for about 5 metres;
2. Running in to BV at half time.
3. Grandsons enjoying a day at the footy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Hey moshe where do you sit? We are in bay32/33 level 2.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
What I believe most everyone is saying in a roundabout way is this:

Sydney has a game plan and they know how to execute it.

It is a better game plan than ours whatever our game plan is.Facts please! Er we have won 3 games in how many AND you do not think our game plan has anything to do with it?

Whatever our game plan is, it is stifling the talents of our young, skilled players.Nonsense You ask for fact then you give a subjective response.

We are killing Cripps with our second best grunt mid fielder in Kennedy not playing.He's apparently injured, again Didn't know. Nice if the club website could let us know.

It will turn around when

1. Kennedy gets in

2. Philips/Kreuzer are back

3. C Curnow is back

4. McGovern is back

Agreed

And the boys are allowed to play down the corridor. Maybe the reason is that they still have issues with basic skills and going down the corridor would see 100pt blow outs. Fact: How do you know unless you give it a try. The current plan is not working, is it.

Rose coloured glasses.

Firstly, thank you Teddy for the response. I will just list the points so we don't make this a multi coloured mess.

1. No I don't, because:
a. We are on the back of a three year rebuild of the playing group.
b. We have one of the youngest, least experienced and matured bodied lists in the AFL.
c. Last season we had the most amount of injuries of any club and mostly to key mature players showing how shallow our depth was.
d. This will be the first season of full team development in the very publicly stated rebuild.
2. A subjective response was apt, no facts required. Please refer to point 1 for clarification.
3. Yes I agree, it would be nice to know of all injuries but from what has been said on here it might only be a 1 week injury.
4. We and many other teams before us with higher than normal skill errors have and have paid the price in a big way. Although we do look good when we switch it up and go down the corridor, if we did this all the time the better teams would drop players back and spread to the wings and kill us on the rebound even more. All without the protection of the boundary. Because a young team will always have clangers, fumbles and go missing, like we did on the weekend and better teams will make them pay.

But in summary I am happy to only have small losses as the team confidence will not be shattered and they will be more driven to follow the processes the coaches ask them to do. And hopefully the tides will turn and we will get some wins on the board, soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
..... Plus I get to see some good people from TC at the footy as well which is a bonus.

Great to see you there yesterday BV. My first game in around a year after being..... er...... otherwise indisposed.

Three highlights:

1.Cripps carrying an opponent on his back for about 5 metres;
2. Running in to BV at half time.
3. Grandsons enjoying a day at the footy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

I wonder if the new rules reducing runners on the ground affects us a bit moreso than the experienced midfields like Sydney's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thist ^^^...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
I wonder if the new rules reducing runners on the ground affects us a bit moreso than the experienced midfields like Sydney's

Absolutely

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
The Duke wrote:
OR, does the club have mindfulness programs or meditation? Who looks after their mental health?

Hey Duke,

The club has a variety of wellness programs for the players, the mental wellbeing of each player is of paramount importance as much as their physical development and health.

The club may need to extend the wellness programs to a few supporters if it can't speed up the onfield results!!!!

Where do I sign. My brain hurts watching us almost get close only to stumble. :cry:

Regards Cazzesman

I said multiple times last year we should change from BoundByBlue to BeyondBlue, only half jokingly.

Disclaimer: Not making light of mental health whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Cazzesman wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
The Duke wrote:

Hey Duke,

Regards Cazzesman

Fortunately, mine only hurts half as much as yours.
I know that because I apparently only have half a brain.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:33 am 
Bruce Doull

Well you're twice the man this guy will ever be:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:51 am 
Bruce Doull

Teehee....!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:10 am 
Ken Hunter

:grin:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The differential in uncontested possession and marks was remarkable. 100 more UP.
2 ways of looking at it.
Sydney were able to pick through our zone defence at will to set up countless forward entries. We should have had the ability to go more one-on one and shut them down because we were matching them with contested ball

OR

Despite a ridiculous advantage in uncontested possession, some very friendly umpiring in their forward 50, and our players missing shots at goal that an U15 kid wouldn't miss, if Casboult didn't hit the post we would have been within 7 points with all the momentum and plenty of time left. The advantage in uncontested possession didn't translate to goals.

I genuinely don't know which way to lean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I thought our players were just playing a couple of metres too far off the Syd players which gave them enough space to work the ball through to their forwards.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:54 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
I thought our players were just playing a couple of metres too far off the Syd players which gave them enough space to work the ball through to their forwards.

Agreed. Our zone failed miserably. esp in the half back to half word area.
But coaches don't want one-on-one anymore.
Can't see how it would have hurt here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The forward line of McKay Casboult Gov Polson Gibbons and Curnow had 4 tackles combined.

That is appalling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:02 am 
Wayne Johnston

buzzaaaah wrote:
The forward line of McKay Casboult Gov Polson Gibbons and Curnow had 4 tackles combined.

That is appalling

You would have to think that has a lot to do with the system. If we go in too fast and long there is noone there to tackle.
The Swans also have a nack of sitting back and way outnumbering the opposition forwards. They can afford to do it as Buddy is so good at holding the ball up as the only one ahead of the ball.
Too many tall forwards doesn't help. The 3 prong attack wont work. We all predicted that bringing in Casboult will create countless rebounds for the opposition and that is the way it went down.

Bolton needs to let go of his 'land of the giants' philosophy. I use think he did it as a subtle way of tanking but now I am convinced he thinks it is the way forward.

We need more fast twitch mobile players on every line and we need to move the ball quickly with shorter kicks and at angles. The way Ratts wanted us too in 2012.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:07 am 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:

Did anybody at the ground pick up that Syd used their physio in the last qtr to relay instructions to Heeney?
It may have only been to tell him the time remaining...but again, Newton's third law comes into play...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:13 am 
Robert Walls

Rexy wrote:

Especially since Sydney's field kicking is so accurate

Not advocating for man on man from their kick ins but FMD, we basically allow the opposition the first 50-80 metres with NO pressure

Our forwards concede any option to keep the ball in our half of the ground cause they're protecting grass that doesn't even contain the shadows of the Syd defenders/mids

TOO F%^^&^& EASY

FIX IT UP FFS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next