Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

[quote="99prelim"]
How many times did Sydney take it from the kick in to their F50 without 1 contest. We are protecting space with no thought to the fact that Sydney's field kicking is deadly accurate

Very very true.

Gibbons need to go into the middle where he can harass the opposition. He seems to have terrier like mentality but can't find his feet in F50

Agree. Definitely worth a rotation through the middle.

I know its bc of our young bodies but to paraphrase Lloyd Bridges for Flying High, "Bolton picked the wrong season to remove Ed and Murph from the middle" With the 666, our skinny mids are getting ragdolled and the opposition invariably get the first possession that goes inside their F50

Can’t agree here. Just not true. We won the clearances comfortably and got first possession. Sadly used it poorly too often however.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

I went along today... good first qtr and then putrid for the next two when Sydney turned the screws.

Poor skills, slow to react and dumb decision making due to their pressure.

I don't care what the stats say... our forward entries are predictable... looooooong bomb to a contest and hope for a mark or a crumbing goal. We struggle to lock the ball in our forward half which saw them waltz though from kick ins with embarrassing ease at times. During the third qtr, several rebound 50's were halted because we had no one ahead of the ball... same shit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

kezza wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
In
kennedy, sos jnr, schumacher

Out
polson, gibbons, o'brien.

Regards Cazzesman

What about McGovern?

Those 3 are mandatory after today. They give us nothing, Zero, Nada, Sweet FA?

Gibbons and Polson are there for maybe a goal each and forward pressure. #%#% all today

O'brien for his aerobic capacity to spread, run and carry and overlap. #%## all today. one on one he is an 11 yr old against men. He should be getting 15 possessions simply from HBRed. Lazy and not up to it at ths time. VFL for 2019. Come back when you are getting 25 possessions in the Vfl every week.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Like I don’t expect a pick 59 to dominate a game - I go expect a pick 10 to start making his mark.

Not the kids fault but O’Brien should not have been taken at 10.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:22 pm 
Robert Walls

Crippa wrote:
99prelim wrote:
How many times did Sydney take it from the kick in to their F50 without 1 contest. We are protecting space with no thought to the fact that Sydney's field kicking is deadly accurate

Very very true.

Gibbons need to go into the middle where he can harass the opposition. He seems to have terrier like mentality but can't find his feet in F50

I know its bc of our young bodies but to paraphrase Lloyd Bridges for Flying High, "Bolton picked the wrong season to remove Ed and Murph from the middle" With the 666, our skinny mids are getting ragdolled and the opposition invariably get the first possession that goes inside their F50

Can’t agree here. Just not true. We won the clearances comfortably and got first possession. Sadly used it poorly too often however.

If that last point is incorrect from a stats POV, our poor use after getting first possession was probably a function of not being able to absorb the in close pressure exerted by the bigger bodied Syd mids which contributed to those possies...chicken and egg argument I suppose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ran rings around us.And its not as if the Swans are anything special.Middle wrung side and no more..................thought we were going somewhere.Today really flattened me.................lack of cohesion and understanding between players is next to negligible.Think they call it teamwork.........starting to get nervous................young blokes not wanting to put there hands up worries more than anything else.Its not as though they can't play......................if we can't knock off the Suns its alarm bells for mine..........

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:56 pm 
Bob Chitty

99prelim wrote:
Crippa wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Very very true.

If that last point is incorrect from a stats POV, our poor use after getting first possession was probably a function of not being able to absorb the in close pressure exerted by the bigger bodied Syd mids which contributed to those possies...chicken and egg argument I suppose

Definitely possible. Fair point.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:05 pm 
Bob Chitty

AGRO wrote:
Like I don’t expect a pick 59 to dominate a game - I go expect a pick 10 to start making his mark.

Honest question because I don’t watch other teams to know the answer:

Which of the following 10 picks after LOB are playing great footy in the seniors?

Aiden Bonar
Darcy Fogarty
Jarrod Brander
Matthew Ling
Zac Bailey
Ed Richards
Jack Higgins
Will Power
Callum Jones
Oscar Allen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Charlie Constable.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Honest question- but was that a trick question.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:

A couple of years ago you weren't you saying the same thing about Harry Mckay? Actually didn't you think we should have taken his brother instead?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

No MVP yet?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Humpers wrote:
AGRO wrote:

A couple of years ago you weren't you saying the same thing about Harry Mckay? Actually didn't you think we should have taken his brother instead?

That was a joke - as my inclusion of the Lone Ranger film clip can attest.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crippa wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Honest question because I don’t watch other teams to know the answer:

Which of the following 10 picks after LOB are playing great footy in the seniors?

Aiden Bonar
Darcy Fogarty
Jarrod Brander
Matthew Ling
Zac Bailey
Ed Richards
Jack Higgins
Will Power
Callum Jones
Oscar Allen

Ed Richards and Jack Higgins definitely. Zac Bailey and Darcy Fogarty probably similar output.

Richards is the one that I look at and wish we'd taken... but hindsight is 20/20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:44 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

kezza wrote:
No MVP yet?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36521

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

People always say we've got to play four quarters.

Well I'd settle for three right now.

Two quarters a game is all we can offer this year it seems.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The biggest disappointment today, notwithstanding our terrible structures at stoppages, was our young mids didn't fire a shot. Walsh excluded that is.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Did Kennedy run over Bolton's cat?

We only got back in the game when Ed went on ball in the fourth. I thought Kennedy was to be Cripps' chop out. Cannot understand why he wasn't picked for today's game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

Our boys need to watch the Brisbane Lions. They’re a side that believes. We don’t.
We have no killer instinct whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Some of Lobbe's efforts man on man around the ground were terrible. Watching the man not the ball.

But hey seems below par efforts are acceptable under our coach. As long as we see green bamboo shoots every now and then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next