Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
i had more fun installing my dishwasher when i got home ... at least i can be assured of what my dishwasher will do week in week out ...

fresh wooden spoons? :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

eric pascoe wrote:
Not too sure if some of the posters were there today. We were ordinary and the final sore flattered us.

Tell me this- if a coach said to me go and get 4 possessions in 4 quarters of footy. The kid can't play. SOS saw him have a blinder in an average APS game . He also liked Liam Summner. Questions need to be asked.

:clap:

Also liked Plowman too.

But trust in SOS.......... blindly.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:21 pm 
Bob Chitty

verbs wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
verbs wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Lost by 19 and had three very gettable set shots hit the post.
Weren’t as bad as people seem to think IMO.

Plus had one more scoring shot than them. If we had kicked some shockingly easy goals who knows what the result could have been?

My how standards have dropped.
But hey it is Verbs after all.

Maybe the collective standards/expectations on here are unrealistic for a side who finished 18th last season?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:22 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Not having McGovern for a half definitely reduced our chances is the second half. Shows how much Sydney have declined. They are an experienced side and managed less shots on goal than us.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Having no Charlie and no McGovern (for 1/2 a game) certainly had an impact on the forward structure...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ed Curnow, Crippa Fish and Kid18 were fab. Ed was amazing actually and should quiet those who thought he couldnt play forward. :thumbsup:
Sps pretty good..Jones and Weiters excellent and Marchy did plenty good in his 1st game back.
I thought we really missed Philips today as Lobbe simply doesnt have the breadth of skills that both Philips and Kreuz offer. Caz was pretty good.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Crippa wrote:
CK95 wrote:
I thought we got pantsed. Scoreboard totally flattered us.

Who was number 10 for them? The bald bloke. He killed us.

I hope Dow & Harry both got a bake for their misses in the opening minutes... unforgivable.

Walsh had a pretty good game & Setterfield did some nice things. But overall Syd just looked a lot better set up at the stoppages, & repeatedly found men in free space.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Not from where I was sitting.

Equal number shots on goal. Equal number inside 50’s. Scoreboard didn’t flatter us at all. The umps flattered them. Rubbish free kicks in their F50 to them and clear frees to us in our F50 unpaid. A bunch of pointless frees to us on the wings. But if we had kicked straighter it wouldn’t have mattered.

Sydney didn’t look better at stoppages. We won the count 44 to 37 and looked MUCH better at stoppages but fell down bringing the ball inside 50.

I'm not really one for sitting on stats to a great extent but I will take your word for those things. I just go by the look & feel of the game & the impression I got from the stands. Their work from stoppages regularly seemed to find a free man, well positioned to start their next chain. They seemed to have a lot more free ball, to me.

If it wasn't for Jones' great work on Franklin it would've been ugly, so well done Liam.

Having said all that, I spent a good part of the day topping up a 6 y.o. with snacks, so was a bit distracted :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluegirl72 wrote:
Ed was amazing actually and should quiet those who thought he couldnt play forward. :thumbsup:

That was one shining light actually. His first 2 goals were superb.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

AGRO wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
Not too sure if some of the posters were there today. We were ordinary and the final sore flattered us.

Tell me this- if a coach said to me go and get 4 possessions in 4 quarters of footy. The kid can't play. SOS saw him have a blinder in an average APS game . He also liked Liam Summner. Questions need to be asked.

Also liked Plowman too.

He’s had a lot more ticks than crosses. Show me a recruiter that doesn’t have some shockers? Polson was a very late pick. It’s not SOS’s fault he keeps getting picked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:41 pm 
Bob Chitty

CK95 wrote:
Crippa wrote:
CK95 wrote:
I thought we got pantsed. Scoreboard totally flattered us.

Who was number 10 for them? The bald bloke. He killed us.

I hope Dow & Harry both got a bake for their misses in the opening minutes... unforgivable.

Walsh had a pretty good game & Setterfield did some nice things. But overall Syd just looked a lot better set up at the stoppages, & repeatedly found men in free space.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Not from where I was sitting.

Equal number shots on goal. Equal number inside 50’s. Scoreboard didn’t flatter us at all. The umps flattered them. Rubbish free kicks in their F50 to them and clear frees to us in our F50 unpaid. A bunch of pointless frees to us on the wings. But if we had kicked straighter it wouldn’t have mattered.

Sydney didn’t look better at stoppages. We won the count 44 to 37 and looked MUCH better at stoppages but fell down bringing the ball inside 50.

I'm not really one for sitting on stats to a great extent but I will take your word for those things. I just go by the look & feel of the game & the impression I got from the stands. Their work from stoppages regularly seemed to find a free man, well positioned to start their next chain. They seemed to have a lot more free ball, to me.

If it wasn't for Jones' great work on Franklin it would've been ugly, so well done Liam.

Having said all that, I spent a good part of the day topping up a 6 y.o. with snacks, so was a bit distracted :grin:

Well I have lamented our poor F50 entries so you might be right. Winning thenstoppages but using the ball poorly thereafter isn’t anything to be proud of. Certainly lots of negative opinions on here opposed to my positive gut feel from being at the game so I am interested in watching the replay later tonight and considering a few things highlighted in the forum.

A seperate question for anybody - what do we make of LOB’s game? Nothing special of course. Pass mark?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:43 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
We use to have the 3 Amigo's

Today we had the 3 Witches Hats.

Hard to win in this comp, let alone when the you have 3 players whose best skill is Standing the Mark. I'm thinking the chip board cutouts they have at training, that stand the mark, could apply more pressure on an opponent.

If Crippa and 3 gamer Walsh get injured I doubt we would beat a top 4 VFL team.

Lobbe tried but alas he got smashed and as a result we got toweled inside and outside.

I keep hearing we have a system.

Can some please dot point 5 aspects to our system. I sit and I watch and I can't see what it is. I see no cohesion entering forward 50 and I see no system exiting D50.

We don't chip to hold possession and deny the opposition.
We don't play fast, play on at all costs footy to attempt had Harry one on one.
We kick long down the line but we don't work hard enough to swarm the eventual contest and ground ball.
We rarely overlap.
Handball receives at fall tilt are like hens teeth
We rarely switch play at any great speed. Our slow motion switching of play just allows the Opposition time to set up.
We don't work hard enough to spread and open the angles
We don't play the Pagans Paddock.
We do zone defense but we allow the short kick to about 45 for a safe shot on goal.
We don't use the corridor.

Honestly WTF do we do that I am missing?

Today I had some love for Crippa, Walsh, Jones, Harry and Ed but much of the rest pfft.

Regards Cazzesman

I could not agree with you more
I was there as well
How many times did Sydney take it from the kick in to their F50 without 1 contest. We are protecting space with no thought to the fact that Sydney's field kicking is deadly accurate
And...why do our forwards virtually give up the F50 defending form a kick in and and start defending in the middle. It's as though we gift them the first 80m or so
We are an U12 handball team. Its a pet hate and I started a thread about it
Our kicks to contests are driving me nuts...MM stuff all over again
Gibbons need to go into the middle where he can harass the opposition. He seems to have terrier like mentality but can't find his feet in F50
I know its bc of our young bodies but to paraphrase Lloyd Bridges for Flying High, "Bolton picked the wrong season to remove Ed and Murph from the middle" With the 666, our skinny mids are getting ragdolled and the opposition invariably get the first possession that goes inside their F50
And when we do overlap, the handball is either shite or the handballer cannot see that the person running past is going to get tackled.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Having no Charlie and no McGovern (for 1/2 a game) certainly had an impact on the forward structure...

We have a forward line structure?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:49 pm 
Bob Chitty

jake_h03 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:

Also liked Plowman too.

He’s had a lot more ticks than crosses. Show me a recruiter that doesn’t have some shockers? Polson was a very late pick. It’s not SOS’s fault he keeps getting picked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly.

Not sure if people lament Wietering Charlie McKay SPS Dow Walsh Williamson Fisher Marchbank etc? Would hope people don’t complain about any long shots that haven’t come off yet. Remembering Polsens only played 15 games after being drafted at selections 59!!!!!!

Don’t let a small thing like pick 59 not dominating AFL footy get in the way of the constant negativity though. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

In
kennedy, sos jnr, schumacher

Out
polson, gibbons, o'brien.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

Cazzesman wrote:
In
kennedy, sos jnr, schumacher

Out
polson, gibbons, o'brien.

Regards Cazzesman

What about McGovern?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

In: Cunningham, Kreuzer, Phillips, SOJ
Out: McGovern (inj), Gibbons, Lobbe, Polson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

We have improved from last year in terms of staying in the game and being in a position to win games.

Our fwd half system is to bomb long inside F50. Too predictable and need to lower the eyes for inside 50's.

I think we made an error at selection. Kennedy would've been suited for today, a bigger body as their mids mauled us, except for Cripps.

One of Gibbo or Polson need a spell. Passengers today and despite how much they try, they cannot impact.

Walsh was super today. Kid is going to be a star after a few pre seasons and with a tank.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Cazzesman wrote:
We use to have the 3 Amigo's

Today we had the 3 Witches Hats.

Hard to win in this comp, let alone when the you have 3 players whose best skill is Standing the Mark. I'm thinking the chip board cutouts they have at training, that stand the mark, could apply more pressure on an opponent.

If Crippa and 3 gamer Walsh get injured I doubt we would beat a top 4 VFL team.

Lobbe tried but alas he got smashed and as a result we got toweled inside and outside.

I keep hearing we have a system.

Can some please dot point 5 aspects to our system. I sit and I watch and I can't see what it is. I see no cohesion entering forward 50 and I see no system exiting D50.

We don't chip to hold possession and deny the opposition.
We don't play fast, play on at all costs footy to attempt had Harry one on one.
We kick long down the line but we don't work hard enough to swarm the eventual contest and ground ball.
We rarely overlap.
Handball receives at fall tilt are like hens teeth
We rarely switch play at any great speed. Our slow motion switching of play just allows the Opposition time to set up.
We don't work hard enough to spread and open the angles
We don't play the Pagans Paddock.
We do zone defense but we allow the short kick to about 45 for a safe shot on goal.
We don't use the corridor.

Honestly WTF do we do that I am missing?

Today I had some love for Crippa, Walsh, Jones, Harry and Ed but much of the rest pfft.

Regards Cazzesman

ALL this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:00 pm 
Robert Walls

In
JSOS Kennedy

Out:
Polson McGovern (inj)

Gibbons to spend more time in the middle
Keep LOB in as I'm not a fan of dropping a player after 1 game

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

More scoring shots. But honorable losses can eat a dick about now. I thought Levi was more than serviceable today though.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next