Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:26 pm 
Horrie Clover

Good to see Crippa play centre hlf back, centre , centre half forward and in the mid. Seriously, why do they not follow him? Be careful, WCE or FReo will get him back if we continue to be what we are.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

Lost by 19 and had three very gettable set shots hit the post.
Weren’t as bad as people seem to think IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:33 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Wojee wrote:

Plus had one more scoring shot than them. If we had kicked some shockingly easy goals who knows what the result could have been?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wojee wrote:

No Syd just aren't that good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Dow's usage by foot especially forward of centre continues to be a huge concern.

And our small forwards, they are just so bad. Not even close to AFL standard. Polson and Gibbons were spectators out there. Not only could they not get the ball but they couldn't lay a tackle either. Disgraceful.

Yeah, but Polson had three score assists last week.

Your hanging your hat on that? Really?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I find it hard to believe we would have made the Stocker deal had we thought we'd finish bottom, or thereabouts. Wins were expected.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:42 pm 
Bob Chitty

CK95 wrote:
I thought we got pantsed. Scoreboard totally flattered us.

Who was number 10 for them? The bald bloke. He killed us.

I hope Dow & Harry both got a bake for their misses in the opening minutes... unforgivable.

Walsh had a pretty good game & Setterfield did some nice things. But overall Syd just looked a lot better set up at the stoppages, & repeatedly found men in free space.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Not from where I was sitting.

Equal number shots on goal. Equal number inside 50’s. Scoreboard didn’t flatter us at all. The umps flattered them. Rubbish free kicks in their F50 to them and clear frees to us in our F50 unpaid. A bunch of pointless frees to us on the wings. But if we had kicked straighter it wouldn’t have mattered.

Sydney didn’t look better at stoppages. We won the count 44 to 37 and looked MUCH better at stoppages but fell down bringing the ball inside 50.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

verbs wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Plus had one more scoring shot than them. If we had kicked some shockingly easy goals who knows what the result could have been?

My how standards have dropped.
But hey it is Verbs after all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:49 pm 
Horrie Clover

Not too sure if some of the posters were there today. We were ordinary and the final sore flattered us.

Tell me this- if a coach said to me go and get 4 possessions in 4 quarters of footy. The kid can't play. SOS saw him have a blinder in an average APS game . He also liked Liam Summner. Questions need to be asked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

Went to the game today. Losing gives me the S#%ts and I’m running out of patience with the lack of skills that our players display.

The number of times they took the game on was fantastic. 9 times out of 10 the skill error brought it undone.

If Bolton wants the players to play that way, good and well but they do not have the finishing skill by hand or foot to execute.

What this causes is opposition players are then forward and wide of the ball and posses with accuracy. Hence the uncontested mark count. The amount of loose swans players looked like they had 3 more on the field. This I believe is a result because Bolton’s run and gun plan can’t stand up when you can’t finish.

Like I said watching it is giving me the s$&ts.

Sorry for the winge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:52 pm 
Bob Chitty

Paddycripps wrote:
I find it hard to believe we would have made the Stocker deal had we thought we'd finish bottom, or thereabouts. Wins were expected.

Of course wins are expected. We’ve played Tigers, Port (away) and Sydney. Two top 8 sides and a perennial top 8 side currently on a slow decline.

I’ll tell you what’s expected! Beating the likes of Gold Coast, St Kilda, Kangas, etc. We would have loved to pinch one of the first three and we certainly had our chances but winning next weekend is what is expected.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:59 pm 
Bob Chitty

eric pascoe wrote:
Not too sure if some of the posters were there today. We were ordinary and the final sore flattered us.

Tell me this- if a coach said to me go and get 4 possessions in 4 quarters of footy. The kid can't play. SOS saw him have a blinder in an average APS game . He also liked Liam Summner. Questions need to be asked.

I was there and I liked what I saw. Came home frustrated but can see the progress.

As I pointed out above, we had the same number of scoring shots and the same. Umber if forward 50 entries. That doesn’t happen while getting smashed by the opposition. We made mistakes. We missed shots we should have made.

What questions need to be asked? Nobody from any club gets every selection correct.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:

Can you imagine if Stocker is a shocker?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Duke wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

You’re a poet and you didn’t know it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:11 pm 
Bob Chitty

i had more fun installing my dishwasher when i got home ... at least i can be assured of what my dishwasher will do week in week out ...

and yes, im with CK95, we where disgusting for the 2nd and 3rd quarter ... disgusting .... any other side would have had a ten goal lead ... i was bitterly dissappointed in our effect. Its like we are afraid to win ...

there are a few players that should actually apologise to Cripps and a few others.

We dont deserve cripps if that is the performance we are going to give him in support ... if it wasnt for him, i hate to think what we would be ...

Pros

Cripps - just outstanding and we simply dont have enough people supporting this man
Johns - was excellent on Franklin
Walsh - looked out on his legs at times, but kept going and kept presenting

Pass
Curnow - might sound strage, but despite kicking 4 goals was barely sighted
Weiters - reasonably solid in defence
McKay - some clutch pack marks
Levi - thought did some good things
Marchbank - got through and did some good things.

The rest, need to have a look at themselves and apologise to Cripps for not supporitng him.

*McGovern gets a pass as he went off and didnt come back on. Hope its not servious

Last edited by ScottSaunders2 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Crippa wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:

I was there and I liked what I saw. Came home frustrated but can see the progress.

As I pointed out above, we had the same number of scoring shots and the same. Umber if forward 50 entries. That doesn’t happen while getting smashed by the opposition. We made mistakes. We missed shots we should have made.

Inside 50s don't tell you how poorly we got it in there with no system.

Only looked decent in the first when things were going our way but as soon as the momentum turned we became reactive and safe.

We won't win many if that continues, have loser mentality imprinted in our play.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Paddycripps wrote:
verbs wrote:
Wojee wrote:

My how standards have dropped.
But hey it is Verbs after all.

Thank you for your kind words.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Duke wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

You’re a poet and you didn’t know it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:15 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Crippa wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:

What questions need to be asked? Nobody from any club gets every selection correct.
m

Good work Crippa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

We use to have the 3 Amigo's

Today we had the 3 Witches Hats.

Hard to win in this comp, let alone when the you have 3 players whose best skill is Standing the Mark. I'm thinking the chip board cutouts they have at training, that stand the mark, could apply more pressure on an opponent.

If Crippa and 3 gamer Walsh get injured I doubt we would beat a top 4 VFL team.

Lobbe tried but alas he got smashed and as a result we got toweled inside and outside.

I keep hearing we have a system.

Can some please dot point 5 aspects to our system. I sit and I watch and I can't see what it is. I see no cohesion entering forward 50 and I see no system exiting D50.

We don't chip to hold possession and deny the opposition.
We don't play fast, play on at all costs footy to attempt had Harry one on one.
We kick long down the line but we don't work hard enough to swarm the eventual contest and ground ball.
We rarely overlap.
Handball receives at fall tilt are like hens teeth
We rarely switch play at any great speed. Our slow motion switching of play just allows the Opposition time to set up.
We don't work hard enough to spread and open the angles
We don't play the Pagans Paddock.
We do zone defense but we allow the short kick to about 45 for a safe shot on goal.
We don't use the corridor.

Honestly WTF do we do that I am missing?

Today I had some love for Crippa, Walsh, Jones, Harry and Ed but much of the rest pfft.

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next