Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
What I believe most everyone is saying in a roundabout way is this:

Sydney has a game plan and they know how to execute it.

It is a better game plan than ours whatever our game plan is.Facts please!

Whatever our game plan is, it is stifling the talents of our young, skilled players.Nonsense

We are killing Cripps with our second best grunt mid fielder in Kennedy not playing.He's apparently injured, again

It will turn around when

1. Kennedy gets in

2. Philips/Kreuzer are back

3. C Curnow is back

4. McGovern is back

Agreed

And the boys are allowed to play down the corridor. Maybe the reason is that they still have issues with basic skills and going down the corridor would see 100pt blow outs.

Rose coloured glasses.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Crippa wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Levi's selection was awful. Surely Jack should've been given the nod instead. Jack could've rotated forward and inside mid with Crippa.

Agreed, personally I think Levi is done at AFL level and having to pick him as a 3rd tall/ruck, shows we still have some depth issues.

Can't wait for Kruezer to get back on to the park. Lobbe was easily beaten in the ruck yesterday.

Levi is not in our best 22 when we are all healthy. But SERIOUSLY what was so bad about his game? Played up the ground or in the ruck trying to let Harry and Gov stay deep. 5 hitouts. 6 marks. 3 contested. 7 inside 50’s and only 1 clanger. Kicked 0.1 from a tough angle but like I said played most of the game between the arcs and busted several packs to bring the ball to ground. Only gave away 1 free kick to appease those lining him up before the game even started saying “he better not give away dumb free kicks”.

He did his job. Will step aside when Charlie is healthy. No way could Silvagni have done the job Levi did.

Happy to have Silvagni in for half a dozen others.

It wasn't that it was so bad, it was that he's just not up to the level to make an impact on the game and we have enough passengers in the team already. I guess it just comes down to a different opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
kezza wrote:
I finally agree with something Kane Cornes says.
Carlton don't know how to win.
I have been saying it for years

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Can happen to a club when you have been extremely bad for 17 years. Worst club in the 21st century and will continue being bad for a while yet.

No doubt it has taken a mental toll on our players. Lack of belief can destroy a side.

Need a circuit breaker to change our course as it looks being another long year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

cant we just tell the club you win by kicking a higher score than the team you are playing?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:
cant we just tell the club you win by kicking a higher score than the team you are playing?
That would be a start.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

First rule of football-to win matches you need a winning ruck combination....
hence why Carlton in the 80s/90s had Madden, Allen etc.

So fast forward to now in the Kreuzer era -
they've tried both Phillips and Lobbe, both have proven sub-standard, with Phillips looking to have the most upside.
Then they'll rely on the half-fit Kreuzer for the rest of the season once he comes back. He might even break even every so often.

Then perhaps you could try bean pole DeKoning in there. He's a youngster, needs more time etc etc...His record is also needing more anyway -2 games - 11 possessions and 5 possessions.

I guess they have no other option than to keep Casboult in the team for rucking, which is depressing in itself. Back to the same well over and over again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:03 pm 
Garry Crane

Crippa wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Levi's selection was awful. Surely Jack should've been given the nod instead. Jack could've rotated forward and inside mid with Crippa.

Agreed, personally I think Levi is done at AFL level and having to pick him as a 3rd tall/ruck, shows we still have some depth issues.

Can't wait for Kruezer to get back on to the park. Lobbe was easily beaten in the ruck yesterday.

Levi is not in our best 22 when we are all healthy. But SERIOUSLY what was so bad about his game? Played up the ground or in the ruck trying to let Harry and Gov stay deep. 5 hitouts. 6 marks. 3 contested. 7 inside 50’s and only 1 clanger. Kicked 0.1 from a tough angle but like I said played most of the game between the arcs and busted several packs to bring the ball to ground. Only gave away 1 free kick to appease those lining him up before the game even started saying “he better not give away dumb free kicks”.

He did his job. Will step aside when Charlie is healthy. No way could Silvagni have done the job Levi did.

I agree, I'm not sure if the OPs were at the game, but Levi did a reasonable job, imposing himself on the pack, bringing the ball to ground, something that Harry can't do yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

mjs wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Rexy wrote:

I agree, I'm not sure if the OPs were at the game, but Levi did a reasonable job, imposing himself on the pack, bringing the ball to ground, something that Harry can't do yet.
There was a 5 minute period in the last quarter where you could have sworn Levi was Ablett Buddy and Carey all rolled into one.
Then the moment of truth the set shot at goal. Of course he missed and never got near it after that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

mjs wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Absolutely. Levi played his role well yesterday. He crashed packs, created ground balls and worked hard up the ground.

People need to remember we had our 4th choice ruckman out there yesterday. Lobbe had 2 possessions at half time and they were both free kicks. He was very poor. Our midfielders were starting from a losing position at most stoppages.
A very average ruckman in Sinclair killed us. Levi was the only one willing to put physical pressure on him.

Yes it's shit losing and as much as I have lost some interest in going, my daughter is still keen so I'm happy that it's something we share together.
Dow lacks composure but I love his burst from the stoppages. That composure will come. Walsh is a star already and it was good to see him in centre bounces yesterday.
We just lack depth still. With Curnow and Cunners missing up forward, we're well short on talent there. A forward line of Charlie, Harry, McGovern, Murphy, Cuningham and possibly Pickett will kick scores but we need to get them on the field.
The backline is looking good at the moment and I loved Jones's game yesterday.
18 inside 50's to 5 in the last quarter was exciting yesterday but we had no one left to kick goals once Harry was double teamed.

We haven't won yet but I'm still positive. We're well in games, our percentage reflects that and I love watching some off our kids. I'll keep going. Plus I get to see some good people from TC at the footy as well which is a bonus.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:31 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
mjs wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Rexy wrote:

There was a 5 minute period in the last quarter where you could have sworn Levi was Ablett Buddy and Carey all rolled into one.
Then the moment of truth the set shot at goal. Of course he missed and never got near it after that

He missed it. Just. It was a shame.
McKay missed three (2 easier than Bolts)
Cripps missed a set shot
Gov missed a set shot (similar angle and distance to Bolts)

So you can’t say Levi was no good becuase of that one miss.

From my angle I (and half the stadium) thought it was a goal and was outta my seat going crazy until I realised it was a point :donk:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:32 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sidefx wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Rexy wrote:

It wasn't that it was so bad, it was that he's just not up to the level to make an impact on the game and we have enough passengers in the team already. I guess it just comes down to a different opinion.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:33 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Kerr could've done just as good a job as ruck relief. I'd have given him an opportunity before Levi.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

WOW wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
kezza wrote:

Can happen to a club when you have been extremely bad for 17 years. Worst club in the 21st century and will continue being bad for a while yet.

No doubt it has taken a mental toll on our players. Lack of belief can destroy a side.

Need a circuit breaker to change our course as it looks being another long year.

Far too much is made of this point, it is just media crap, regurgitated by the disaffected.

None of the players have endured the years of losses or poor performances that are continually referred to by supporters.

These are competitive athletes with a desire to succeed, that's what has got them to this level.

Most come from successful programs and winning environments. To suggest they don't know how to win shows a complete lack of insight.

The output isn't delivering wins at the moment, but anyone with a balanced view can see the improvement from previous years.

We are all passionate and committed supporters, that's why we post on here. Personally I think Bolton will deliver success. If he doesn't he'll be appropriately held to account at the right time, but whatever happens our list will be in a much better plac than 4 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

OR, does the club have mindfulness programs or meditation? Who looks after their mental health?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ockham's Razor wrote:
WOW wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
kezza wrote:

Far too much is made of this point, it is just media crap, regurgitated by the disaffected.

None of the players have endured the years of losses or poor performances that are continually referred to by supporters.

These are competitive athletes with a desire to succeed, that's what has got them to this level.

Most come from successful programs and winning environments. To suggest they don't know how to win shows a complete lack of insight.

The output isn't delivering wins at the moment, but anyone with a balanced view can see the improvement from previous years.

We are all passionate and committed supporters, that's why we post on here. Personally I think Bolton will deliver success. If he doesn't he'll be appropriately held to account at the right time, but whatever happens our list will be in a much better plac than 4 years ago.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Duke wrote:
OR, does the club have mindfulness programs or meditation? Who looks after their mental health?

Kane Cornes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Duke wrote:

Hey Duke,

The club has a variety of wellness programs for the players, the mental wellbeing of each player is of paramount importance as much as their physical development and health.

The club may need to extend the wellness programs to a few supporters if it can't speed up the onfield results!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ockham's Razor wrote:
The Duke wrote:

Hey Duke,

The club has a variety of wellness programs for the players, the mental wellbeing of each player is of paramount importance as much as their physical development and health.

The club may need to extend the wellness programs to a few supporters of if it can't speed up the onfield results!

Thanks - I'm seeing someone and have been since 2002. It's not helping, just so you know. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Duke wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
The Duke wrote:

Hey Duke,

The club may need to extend the wellness programs to a few supporters of if it can't speed up the onfield results!

Thanks - I'm seeing someone and have been since 2002. It's not helping, just so you know. :banghead:

:thumbsup:

Reckon you can tell them you'll no longer need their support in 12 months time! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:40 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Blue Vain wrote:
..... Plus I get to see some good people from TC at the footy as well which is a bonus.

Great to see you there yesterday BV. My first game in around a year after being..... er...... otherwise indisposed.

Three highlights:

1.Cripps carrying an opponent on his back for about 5 metres;
2. Running in to BV at half time.
3. Grandsons enjoying a day at the footy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Last edited by moshe25 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next