Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

If only to spare CK's son watching daddy have a breakdown.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:39 am 
Rod Ashman

The Normal One wrote:
How people are surprised at Levi being selected is surprising to me.

The most logical replacement for Charlie, he can play ruck and forward, allowing Harry to be the main target.

+1

Much anti-Levi sentiment here. Hopefully he puts a big dent in their argument tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

I’m not anti-Levi, FWIW.
I do think he is behind Charlie, Harry & McGovern.
But happy for him to come in if they are out if it suits the game plan Bolts & Co have in mind.
(Don’t know enough either way about Kerr, although his limited appearances in the seniors thus far have not been mind-blowing.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:53 pm 
Ken Hands

Levi is gonna rack up heaps of marks around the ground, I have a really good feeling about his return!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
Please win.
Haven't been at a winning game for a few years now.

Tell me about it...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GMCbris wrote:
Kennedy not even named as an emergency. That surprises me

i'm not sure kennedy is quick enough to help us. him and cripps would limit us through the middle. one thing we could have tried is to put kennedy in the middle and put cripps in the forward role (like how geelong use danger).

i'm already cringing at the forward line with levi, harry and gov ... zero defensive pressure once it hits the deck.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

Happy to repeat that I tipped Levi to be in the side but what about De Koning.

Genuine ruckman, can play forward and is the future. Give him a couple of games now the opportunity has presented. Not on the injury list so why not.

Has not been mentioned.

And I still reckon Kennedy should be in. Forget leg speed. We need grunt and mature bodies to extract the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

De koning is injured 4-5 weeks with a knee

this is winnable if we play well but as we know every winnable game in the last 2 years we have disappointed so the test of improvement is to win these games

Don't like the Levi selection myself think to win we need to run swans off their legs at Marvel - a forward line of H Casboult and McGovern looks top heavy to me particularly when Phillips is a lumberer too

I like March but they do the guy no favours always bringing him back underdone -has he played any practice matches ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

frank dardew wrote:
De koning is injured 4-5 weeks with a knee

this is winnable if we play well but as we know every winnable game in the last 2 years we have disappointed so the test of improvement is to win these games

Don't like the Levi selection myself think to win we need to run swans off their legs at Marvel - a forward line of H Casboult and McGovern looks top heavy to me particularly when Phillips is a lumberer too

I like March but they do the guy no favours always bringing him back underdone -has he played any practice matches ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89LfQUlcNFk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

Hey Blue Sombrero, do you ever sleep? :)

If not, what's your secret?

Hoping tomorrow will be our first of many wins in 2019.

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CFC8795 wrote:

Go Blues!
Spends all day trying to figure out how to get over Donalds Wall

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

As another poster said, that's a very tall squad. Not feeling overly confident but hope to be surprised

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Happy to repeat that I tipped Levi to be in the side but what about De Koning.

Genuine ruckman, can play forward and is the future. Give him a couple of games now the opportunity has presented. Not on the injury list so why not.

Has not been mentioned.

And I still reckon Kennedy should be in. Forget leg speed. We need grunt and mature bodies to extract the ball.

today's afl ... leg speed in the middle is everything. you can't forget about it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

Reckon the umpires will be our biggest enemy..............umpies have slaughtered the Swans in there first two games.............head office will filter the word down to the men in white to look after'em just to get Richard Colless off Gil's back.Expecting the umpires to give those fifty fifty's to the Swan's............despite that i reckon if we are going to gain any sort of traction we must win this game.I know i am asking a lot from our young midfield but they gotta get plenty of the ball for us to come up trumps.I say if Paddy Dow has a breakout game we win.

Regards..........Mick.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'm worried about their small forwards, Ronke and Papley. Stop them and Franklin and we will win.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

If we stop Franklin and Kennedy and Papley and Ronke and Mills and Heeney and young Blakey and if Dow has a breakout game and Levi surprises everyone and Harry kicks 5 and McGovern takes mark of the year and Walsh gets 33 possessions at 85% efficiency and wins a Rising Star nomination and Crippa dominates.... then we should win!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Marchbank is a good player and should return if ready. But him and Levi in the team with the other talls makes us too slow IMHO. Kennedy not sure what he has to do to come back ?

Bolts saying that Caz and Marchbank play like small players in the Presser.......surely taking the p1ss :razz:

Would love to pick us....but can't.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

Has Ronke actually done much since his breakout game?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

MIL wrote:
Bolts saying that Caz and Marchbank play like small players in the Presser.......surely taking the p1ss :razz:

He didn’t say that. He said Marchbank & Plowman can play on smalls as well as talls in the backline.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

CFC8795 wrote:

Go Blues!

Of course I sleep!
I sleep between 3:00 a.m and 7:00 a.m. and then again between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m, except on game days when I usually have to sit up all night. This week is exceptional for me as it starts at 8:45 p.m. If we win I usually chat to Blue Beatle on Skype afterwards and then try and sleep (it seems to be a long while between those chats). If we lose a close one, I usually take my dogs out to the beach for a walk when the sun comes up.
Add those hours to the time difference between here and there, which is 15-17 hours depending on daylight savings between the two countries and I can understand your question.
Luckily, my Mexican wife of more than fifteen years is very understanding and hardly stirs now when I leap out of my seat and shout at the monitor.
It gets frustrating for me (and you lot) to be the only one on the site sometimes but when I look at the talking players thread after I have been busy and see ten posts all mine I know other posters in different time zones can't wait to wake up and read my well thought out and expressed opinions...
:lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next