Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Kennedy not even named as an emergency. That surprises me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:35 pm 
Bob Chitty

Effes wrote:
CARLTON

In: C.Marchbank, L.O'Brien, L.Casboult
Out: C.Curnow (knee), J.Garlett, A.Fasolo

Happy with that. But I’ve always had a soft spot for Levi. Love the fact he isnt in our best 22 anymore as this shows growth in Charlie, Harry etc to go well past Levi but he is the right replacement when these guys are injured.

Mids working ok through two weeks so no need to bring Kennedy in and rejig the middle just yet.

I’ll be there with bells on! Can’t wait!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:49 pm 
Robert Walls

Casboult... geez. Very surprised.

He better be disciplined and not give away cheap free kicks in the ruck or elsewhere.

From memory Marchbank was very rusty last he came back from injury. Would have really preferred him to come back through the VFL.

Again the second tier fixture killing us with no games for these guys to play in even as the main game is well and truly rolling. @#$%&! AFL.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:44 pm 
Bob Chitty

toddkurnski wrote:
Casboult... geez. Very surprised.

He better be disciplined and not give away cheap free kicks in the ruck or elsewhere.

From memory Marchbank was very rusty last he came back from injury. Would have really preferred him to come back through the VFL.

Again the second tier fixture killing us with no games for these guys to play in even as the main game is well and truly rolling. @#$%&! AFL.

We better be disciplined and not hang Levi if he does. It’s pretty normal for a ruckman to give away a free kick or two. Phillips played a ripping game and gave away 3 free kicks. Lycett 4.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GMCbris wrote:
Kennedy not even named as an emergency. That surprises me
Agree... Hope he didn't pull up sore?

Also, the VFL review says Caz was played mostly in DEFENCE and ruck :?
Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

toddkurnski wrote:

That's how I recall it too

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

Taking my 6 y.o.

The last game we went to was Freo last year when we didn't score in the first half. Bastards better turn up to play

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I was surprised Kennedy and or Jack didn't get a look in, especially Kennedy but these selections smack of horses for courses.
Levi can ruck, which leaves H in the FF area to run at the ball and jump.
Levi can clunk marks in the F50, which is something we haven't been able to manage this year so far.
LOB runs all day and is supposedly a good kick. We have been run over twice in the last so he will add stamina and if he can get free when others are flagging, it should bear dividends.
Marchbank I am not sure about but I suspect they are going to zone tall against Buddy.
Going extra tall up front must mean they think they can control the footy in the contested marks. Is Sydney short down back?

The outs bear no real surprises but I wouldn't have minded seeing Garlett in the front half. I don't mind that he isn't playing either.
Fasolo hasn't shown us what we know he is capable of.

The fact we can have these discussions at all shows our depth is improving.

I expect them to win at home if they play the whole game.

I'm a glass half full kinda person. :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:40 am 
Ken Hands

The inclusion of Levi has just sapped my excitement for the game.

I hope I’m proven wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:58 am 
formerly King Kenny

How people are surprised at Levi being selected is surprising to me.

The most logical replacement for Charlie, he can play ruck and forward, allowing Harry to be the main target.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:33 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Here's hoping this is it for Marchbank. 20 games including his 50th and the start of a long and successful career.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:35 am 
formerly BlueRob

Kennedy and Silvagni should have come into the side.

Happy with O'Brien's selection.

Marchbank needed to play VFL for a couple of weeks.

Levi has not been in good form.

Selection committee are ... dare I say it ....

'Madhouse like'. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:40 am 
Rod Ashman

LOB & Marchbank are good ins and both should be in our best 22.
LOB adds run and good disposal which is an upgrade on Garlett (although I still have hope that Garlett & coaching Dept can learn how to harness his talent).
Marchbank provides more value than Fasolo, albeit at the other end of the ground. His specialty is intercept marking and distributing from half back - which is exactly what we need to limit Buddy’s influence.

I personally would have preferred another mid like Kennedy in for Levi or even JSOS.
However, if Levi can be clear about where to run and where not to run, he could be good for taking a big mark up the ground and kicking to dangerous spots where H & Gov are roaming. I believe he is a terrible shot for goal but a reasonably good field kicker. His big problem is getting the structure and working within it.
And then we rotate Murphy and Fisher through Fasolo’s pocket role in addition to Gibbons.

Not a terrible team, provided Levi plays his role.

I think if we can keep Josh Kennedy quiet, we will win. My worry is that, whilst Sydney is on the decline, they are still capable of pulling out a big performance here and there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:48 am 
Ken Hands

Levi has not been in good form?

Here's his review from last week - From the coach: I couldn’t be more impressed with the way he’s gone about his footy. He played predominantly as a defender while pinch-hitting in the ruck. His approach to the team and doing what’s required has been fantastic. His performances have been impressive: for an experienced player in the VFL, he’s going about it the right way.

Quite clearly we want to play at least 2 tall forwards - if we don't pick Casboult then for the periods when Harry rucks we're left with McGovern only as a tall forward. Also remembering TdK would most likely have got the spot but for injury.

O'Brien is in for Garlett as someone to provide run from half back. Pretty obvious like for like swap, been playing well in the twos, Garlett out of form.

Marchbank is the selection I would query - although with McCartin, Reid and Franklin some cover in the backline may be their thinking.

Can't see your point about Malthoushe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 am 
Craig Bradley

What I would give to just see one game with a fully fit best 22.

Docherty
Curnow
Williamson
Cuningham
Pickett
Kennedy
Silvagni
De Koning
Kreuzer
Lang
Macreadie

I'd say at least 6-7 of those 11 would picked if the whole squad was fully fit. A third of the team.
Good thing is in a month we should have all of them back except for Doc, Pickett and TDK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:56 am 
Rod Ashman

PS. Adelaide so far playing their role in making our trade with them for Stocker look good.
Now, we just have to hold up our end and win a few, starting tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:59 am 
Wayne Johnston

Im expecting a late out. Maybe Mcgovern with a sore back?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:30 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Kerr should’ve come in before Levi.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:37 am 
formerly King Kenny

Looks like Kate is onboard Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 am 
Bruce Doull

Please win.
Haven't been at a winning game for a few years now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next