Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

10 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
8 Kane Lambert (RICH)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Toby Nankervis (RICH)
1 Kamdyn McIntosh (RICH)
1 Dustin Martin (RICH)

Pretty surprised at that to be honest.
I thought Cripps was BOG easily.

me too. Hun had Cripps BOG.
Think Newman would have been up there also...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Found it Arnhem. It's on the AFL mobile app under the tracker app for each game.

I've added Dockers & Kangas and amended Giants and Bombers

1. Blues 292 km
2. Tiges 288
3. Dockers 285
3. Suns 285
3. eagles 285
6. Saints 281
7. Cats 279
7. Lions 279
9. Pies 277
10. Power 276
11. Swans 275
12. Dees 273
13. Giants 271
13. Dogs 271
13. Kangas 271
16. Bombers* 269
17. Hawks 268
18. Crows 266

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:52 pm 
John Nicholls

Just because we're running more doesn't mean we're running smart or at the right times.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

You're a real, the glass is half empty one aren't you? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Personally, I would like to think that our boys are the fittest they've been so far and can run with the top teams of the AFL, thanks to AR.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

Alex RANCE....?

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:53 pm 
Bob Chitty

AGRO wrote:
robertbb wrote:
O'brien in for Garlett is a good call.

Pretty much like for like.

No.
Loch is a brilliant kick with great vision. Equivalent running. Loch is more willing for physical contact.
No idea about his one on one defensive skills though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:
Just because we're running more doesn't mean we're running smart or at the right times.

True but it shows effort. That should be the first thing we're looking for.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:50 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
Alex RANCE....?

kindest regards tommi

Nah Artificial Reconstruction (aka 6m $man)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:29 am 
Bruce Doull

Not sure about other media, but we barely rated a mention in the wash up on FoxFooty last night. Not sure if that's thanks to the Essendon* effect, or if in the end, our game simply met expectations.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:11 am 
John Nicholls

Sidefx wrote:
You're a real, the glass is half empty one aren't you?

Ummmmmm.. Hawks ran 2nd lowest in the comp and won (admittedly the team they beat ran less than them, but not by much).

Sure, we're a lot fitter. We've still gotta know where to run, when to run there and what to do once there (and in offence, your team mate has to find a way to get the ball to you as well...)

But hey, keep up with the cheap shots.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:

Like the above cheap shot?

I have made no reference that we are a good or better team because of the k's we ran, I am purely interested in our fitness levels derived from these stats. So I suppose the fact we had the 3rd highest disposals of the round means we are just overusing the ball?

But the thing that amazes me the most is why we are not winning premierships, I mean we have all these couch coaches here on TC that clearly know more than the coaches that are being paid by the club. It's a real mystery why Bolts and co are not on here learning something. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:20 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bluegirl72 wrote:
tommi wrote:
Alex RANCE....?

kindest regards tommi

Nah Artificial Reconstruction (aka 6m $man)

Alternate Reality

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

camelboy wrote:
Not sure about other media, but we barely rated a mention in the wash up on FoxFooty last night. Not sure if that's thanks to the Essendon** effect, or if in the end, our game simply met expectations.

I watched AFL360 and on the couch and the only mention of the game was Rance and Jon Brown told Charlie he had to play better this week.
Richmond didn't get a look either.
Old news from Thursday?
Plus the Essendon* effect you mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:01 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Sombrero wrote:
camelboy wrote:
Not sure about other media, but we barely rated a mention in the wash up on FoxFooty last night. Not sure if that's thanks to the Essendon*** effect, or if in the end, our game simply met expectations.

I watched AFL360 and on the couch and the only mention of the game was Rance and Jon Brown told Charlie he had to play better this week.
Richmond didn't get a look either.
Old news from Thursday?
Plus the Essendon** effect you mentioned.

The game was a bit of a non story really. It was effectively over by quarter time. Really we were never going to win when they were 40 points up before we kicked our first goal. We showed some exciting signs that would have been news worthy if we had have pushed them til the final siren but in the end they ran away comfortable winners like everyone thought they would. Not much to talk about really.

I expect a game pretty soon will have everyone talking about the baby blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:18 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

360 getting into Liam Jones for the Jack Riewoldt collision.

What I saw was Liam hold his position, Jack running with no awareness straight into Jones who braced himself. The important bit being Liam didn't run at Jack, Jack ran into Liam. Liam should have appealed the fine.

Robbo reckons it was worse than Steven Mays shirtfront a couple of weeks ago. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sidefx wrote:
Found it Arnhem. It's on the AFL mobile app under the tracker app for each game.

I've added Dockers & Kangas and amended Giants and Bombers

1. Blues 292 km
2. Tiges 288
3. Dockers 285
3. Suns 285
3. eagles 285
6. Saints 281
7. Cats 279
7. Lions 279
9. Pies 277
10. Power 276
11. Swans 275
12. Dees 273
13. Giants 271
13. Dogs 271
13. Kangas 271
16. Bombers* 269
17. Hawks 268
18. Crows 266

well done! thanks Sidefx.
I suppose the heat needs to be considered but still an outstanding effort from the blues.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:

What I saw was Liam hold his position, Jack running with no awareness straight into Jones who braced himself. The important bit being Liam didn't run at Jack, Jack ran into Liam. Liam should have appealed the fine.

Robbo reckons it was worse than Steven Mays shirtfront a couple of weeks ago. :lol:

I think everybody is surprised the MRO didn't come down hard early on them all to set up the season's precedents. I certainly am, especially with all the noise coming out of the punching last season. The new 'worth a fine but not a suspension' benchmark has just been established. Expct more punches to the gut and kidneys this season as a result.
Jones probably shouldn't have been suspended but the Max Gawn one where he went down was bad. The running punch was worse and should have been a week so players know.
Weak as piss really Christian.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Like the above cheap shot?

I have made no reference that we are a good or better team because of the k's we ran, I am purely interested in our fitness levels derived from these stats. So I suppose the fact we had the 3rd highest disposals of the round means we are just overusing the ball?

But the thing that amazes me the most is why we are not winning premierships, I mean we have all these couch coaches here on TC that clearly know more than the coaches that are being paid by the club. It's a real mystery why Bolts and co are not on here learning something. :thumbsup:

Allright
Allright

You're both right.

Wasn't cheap shots though...just comments, and both are right.

Like BV said it shows effort and imo intent.

Umpires didn't go our way, and maybe when we are not cellar dwellars that might change but I don't know anyone who didn't think for a minute in the 3rd and early in the 4th that Carlton may just run over the Tiggers and snatch the win. It sure was heading that way and especially moreso when Rance did his knee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigGartos wrote:
AGRO wrote:
robertbb wrote:
O'brien in for Garlett is a good call.

Pretty much like for like.

No.
Loch is a brilliant kick with great vision. Equivalent running. Loch is more willing for physical contact.
No idea about his one on one defensive skills though.

Trust your judgement BG.

You've seen plenty of both.

Intersting.

Garlett looked great against Collingwood in the JLT, but has had a howler either side of that.
He needs to bring consistency or he's no doubt out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:28 am 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:

YES!!

Biggest BS report in ages. Jones was stationery when JR hit him. The worst thing you could say was that Jones lent towards him as contact was imminent, (but if he hadn't then he would've ended up on his backside so it wasn't unreasonable).

I look forward to the Goal Post getting reported next time someone runs into it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next