Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I was disappointed that our kick in strategy (with the freedom the new rule provides) went from a kick to the back pocket to a kick to between the back pocket and half back ... some major planning and research went into that in the off season ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

17th Premiership wrote:
Does anyone else think Richmond had a tactic where Reiwoldt would pretend to go up for a mark but really just aim to take out the Carlton defender(s) and effectively shepherding for Lynch?
I thought I saw him do this on a number of occasions.
And he was pinged by the umps a couple of times.
Whole team does it... Good tactic.. I alluded to it in my post.
FFS, how many times did the ball go over the back to free Tigers players?... No one working out how that was happening? Frustrating

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

camelboy wrote:
Rexy wrote:
What’s with the booing of Rance when he did his knee ???
Pretty shit I reckon.

Yeah, that's [REDACTED] if that happened.

"if it happened"

It happened. It was right in front us in the member zone. Rance went down - everyone thought he was staging and holding up play but he stayed down and the booing subsided a bit - then the trainers helped him up and carried him off to a new loud barrage of booing.

Poor form bluebaggers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
camelboy wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Pretty shit I reckon.

"if it happened"

It happened. It was right in front us in the member zone. Rance went down - everyone thought he was staging and holding up play but he stayed down and the booing subsided a bit - then the trainers helped him up and carried him off to a new loud barrage of booing.

Poor form bluebaggers.

I think you'll find they were booing the crap non-decision by the umps that occurred just as Rance went down...that was being replayed on screen as Rance was seen to....Tigers player took possession and ran toward boundary, was pinned by our player and forced it over the line. Should have been holding the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:15 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Rexy wrote:
camelboy wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Pretty shit I reckon.

"if it happened"

Poor form bluebaggers.

I think you'll find they were booing the crap non-decision by the umps that occurred just as Rance went down...that was being replayed on screen as Rance was seen to....Tigers player took possession and ran toward boundary, was pinned by our player and forced it over the line. Should have been holding the ball.

You didn't hear the comments I was hearing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Obviously not. He really divides opinion Rance. Not justifying what was said, just an observation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Gibbons just played his first AFL game, as a forward, in Carlton’s forward line.

I reckon we can cut him a little slack

That is fair enough, although equally one could argue we should never accept mediocrity.
And how can Carlton's (historically poor) forwardline improve if we don't add to it better players - is Gibbons going to be a marked improvement?
Not having a go at you mate, just creating productive conversation and showing the other side to the coin. It is quite possible within himself, and within the inner circle of the other coaches, Bolton might be thinking "well that forwardline wasn't very good".

Don’t disagree with your thoughts, just think that, as my understanding is he was a mid in the VFL, adjusting to a new position at AFL level might take some time.

Hope he makes it, but I think if we’re to improve we have to ‘stick fat’ with some players and allow them time to develop. (Polson was given half a year, as an example)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Obviously not. He really divides opinion Rance. Not justifying what was said, just an observation.

I have enormous respect for Alex Rance, enormous respect.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

New boys Walsh and Setters with 24 possies but disposal efficiency % in the 50's - will be so much better for ToG. Guns, both of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
New boys Walsh and Setters with 24 possies but disposal efficiency % in the 50's - will be so much better for ToG. Guns, both of them.

Spot on they were a revelation and add Newman another solid acquisition.
Hoping Liam Stocker and Sam Fisher have a similar impact later in the season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Setterfield reminds me of Pendlebury....seems to have more time than others

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

That drum is bloody annoying. Hope thet get rid of it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:06 pm 
Robert Walls

The young mids getting a little bit more of it. Going from getting teens to mid and low twenties. Now to build towards high twenties.

SPS had a strong preseason. Good chance for him against Port to get more of it whose midfield isn’t as good as the Tigers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

No doubt our recent recruitment focus on midfielders will pay handsome dividends. Already I’m reading oppo supporters talking up the possibilities of a future Cripps, SPS, Walsh, Setterfield, Fisher, Dow, Kennedy midfield.

But the key will be learning to execute. To have such a young group accumulating these numbers in contested situations is a great start. But for years our inability to 2-way run, deliver the ball forward or play on the spread has undone it all. This cannot be allowed to happen in this group’s development.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:39 pm 
Craig Bradley

Wojee wrote:
Jones hit worthy of a fine IMO, but the footy media is campaigning hard for him to get weeks.
Would be nice to see a similar campaign for the Richmond player who deliberately stomped on Fisher's leg while he was defenceless on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

I only just studied our fixture for the first time. Crazy to think we only have one more night game this season. Good to have so much support from the AFL. How many night games did * get the year the drug cheats returned?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:56 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

$2k fine for Liam

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019- ... gh-conduct

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:09 pm 
Wayne Johnston

GreatEx wrote:
I only just studied our fixture for the first time. Crazy to think we only have one more night game this season. Good to have so much support from the AFL. How many night games did * get the year the drug cheats returned?

Our next game at the G is 11 May :mad:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

I have enormous respect for Alex Rance, enormous respect.

I too feel the same. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:

Suffer Browne, another no one that thinks his opinionated agenda has influence. :screwy: dh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next