Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

I thought SPS was ok and generally thought it was a good team effort (after Q1) with the exception of Garlett who I can't remember seeing and Charlie who did lots of work and often had poor delivery but still mistimed his runs, dropped marks, fumbled.
I actually thought the game plan seemed ok - down the flank and then into the guts - caught them out a few times and there were a number of times we had free runners in the middle but we didn't go there and could have. Also a few times we could have gone straight down the middle from the kick in unopposed but we didn't even look there.
We had some bad communication ( 2 players going for the ball or leaving it) which caused CHF turnovers and then we were opened up.
The idea that someone has their papers stamped on the basis of the first game seems surprising but I can't wait for Willo and Marchbank to return....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

Half decent effort.Lotta good things came out of this............what i didn't like was our first quarter.Not coz we got flogged on the scoreboard but our generally soft efforts.Wont say we shirked it but generally didn't go in hard enough.We now have genuine talent.We gotta develop a tough hard edge or we will tread water.Tough hard sides win flags.I think the well respected Cazz alluded to this.Noway alarm bells at this stage.But its this next piece in the jigsaw that must be put in place.Gameplans and style of play mean jackshit unless you go when it is your turn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Re Rance booing, l repeat the 2001 final and Kouta does his knee.

The Tiger ecstasy at that moment made me sick.

What goes around comes around

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I have enormous respect for Alex Rance, enormous respect.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:20 pm 
John Nicholls

Mickstar wrote:
Half decent effort.Lotta good things came out of this............what i didn't like was our first quarter.Not coz we got flogged on the scoreboard but our generally soft efforts.Wont say we shirked it but generally didn't go in hard enough.We now have genuine talent.We gotta develop a tough hard edge or we will tread water.Tough hard sides win flags.I think the well respected Cazz alluded to this.Noway alarm bells at this stage.But its this next piece in the jigsaw that must be put in place.Gameplans and style of play mean jackshit unless you go when it is your turn.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:14 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

with govner and harry up front, and charlie looking lost ... i'd be tempted to throw him up on the wing through the course of a game to get him involved and make the other coach have to reconsider his structure.

Ed is wasted in the forward pocket. best tagger in the game, his running metrics are still first rate. why he isn't on the ball in his negating role is a mystery, yeah?

Our midfield is exciting. at the game on thursday i kept thinking:

walsh reminds me of simon black, so silky with the ball and fearless, and cripps is every bit as good as Voss. and fish has a bit of prime years aker about him, quick, creative, often turns nothing into something, never gives up on a play etc etc. that lions midfield is the best i've ever seen, and we could match it, or even exceed it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:40 am 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:
I have enormous respect for Alex Rance, enormous respect.

We get it

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rod Waddell wrote:
Re Rance booing, l repeat the 2001 final and Kouta does his knee.

The Tiger ecstasy at that moment made me sick.

What goes around comes around
Unfortunately for us, both times our momentum was killed and we lost.... :sad:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 am 
Ken Hunter

Given Rance's form for diving and sooking I actually wondered if he was faking or milking it.

Also I'm pretty sure he punched McGovern in the guts behind play. McGovern was bent double and got stuck right into Rance when he kicked a goal soon after.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:59 am 
Rod Ashman

missnaut wrote:
Given Rance's form for diving and sooking I actually wondered if he was faking or milking it.

Also I'm pretty sure he punched McGovern in the guts behind play. McGovern was bent double and got stuck right into Rance when he kicked a goal soon after.

Not his first time. Once a dog. Too bad we won't see him performing his good lords teachings for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:34 am 
Wayne Johnston

Mickstar wrote:

I agree 100% with this, however at this stage our lack could have as much to do with the fact that many of our players aren’t physically strong enough yet as much as lack of intent.

Hopefully a few more pre-seasons through the majority of our list will fix this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 am 
Craig Bradley

Although I have a more optimistic outlook for this list than I've had for a few years... Thursday nights game was deja vu

There was plenty to like about the 2nd and 3rd qtrs comeback but we still have that tendency to be blown away (62-9) so easily at times

Consistency during games is where I want to see us improve this season

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

Hornet wrote:
Although I have a more optimistic outlook for this list than I've had for a few years... Thursday nights game was deja vu

There was plenty to like about the 2nd and 3rd qtrs comeback but we still have that tendency to be blown away (62-9) so easily at times

Consistency during games is where I want to see us improve this season

Yeah , that too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

The deja vu for me was seeing the Blues play brilliantly to get within 3 goals and a real chance of winning, only to start fluffing easy set shots, then immediately fade out. Whether it's a lack of hunger or belief, we don't really behave like winners. If at some point this season we can eke out consecutive wins, or a comeback win against a top four contender, i reckon it'll be a real watershed moment for this squad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

GreatEx wrote:
The deja vu for me was seeing the Blues play brilliantly to get within 3 goals and a real chance of winning, only to start fluffing easy set shots, then immediately fade out. Whether it's a lack of hunger or belief, we don't really behave like winners. If at some point this season we can eke out consecutive wins, or a comeback win against a top four contender, i reckon it'll be a real watershed moment for this squad.

Agreed. There needs to be an “AHA!” moment at some point before we can truly take the next step,

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

mmm. There was a bad umpire call at the time Rance went down. might have been a goal in that from no. 10..
and then he hit the post at another time. sliding door moments perhaps.
the good thing is Mckay's improvement and confidence, plus the turnaround to come from Charlie.
I reckon we are a good chance to beat Port.
Unlike others I don't think Charlee has gotten cocky. More likely some niggles and soreness we don't know about. he will come good.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:08 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bluegirl72 wrote:
mmm. There was a bad umpire call at the time Rance went down. might have been a goal in that from no. 10..
the good thing is Mckay's improvement and confidence, plus the turnaround to come from Charlie.
Unlike others I don't think Charlee has gotten cocky. More likely some niggles and soreness we don't know about. he will come good.

The “bad” call when Mr Convincing went down was correct from what I saw on the TV, the tigers player did just manage to get a handball away as he was tackled to the ground on the boundary line.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

The “bad” call when Mr Convincing went down was correct from what I saw on the TV, the tigers player did just manage to get a handball away as he was tackled to the ground on the boundary line.

Yes...after an eternity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:53 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Why is he called Mr Convincing? Never heard that before today.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:13 pm 
Wayne Johnston

moshe25 wrote:
Why is he called Mr Convincing? Never heard that before today.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Neither had I, but it just sounded appropriate....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next