Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:32 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Plowman will have to find some form in JLT 2 to get in my R1 side.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:38 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Cazzesman wrote:
Newman Jones Plowman
O’Brien Weitering Simpson

Walsh Cripps Murphy

Petrevski-Seton CCurnow Cuningham
McGovern McKay Gibbons

Phillips Fisher Dow

ECurnow Settlefield JSilvagni Thomas

Kreuzer for Phillips if fit and plays next JLT and goes okay
Fasola for Gibbons if fit and plays next JLT and goes okay.

Round 1. Team

Regards Cazzesman

I would think that OBrien could be struggling to make that team given he was relegated to the reserves for the practice match.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Sombrero wrote:
I think Gibbons will play on the back of his game the other night from limited touches.
Fasolo hasn't shown anything yet. There is no guarantee he will play JLT2.
And I don't think Kreuzer is as good as Phillips. If he doesn't win the tap, there will be less opportunity for him top get involved in the clearance follow up if the ball gets clear as fast as we are anticipating. Kreuzer's best work is in the stoppage-based scenarios, of which there will be a lot fewer. I have never been a fan of Kreuzer's tap work and it will be more important than ever. 30 odd times a game at the centre bounces says to me that Phillips should play.

The evidence (Phillips playing 41 games in 7 years, Kreuzer averaging more disposals, hitouts, clearances, tackles and pretty much everything else, Phillips never averaging more than 8 touches in a season, never getting more than 14 touches in any game) would suggest Kreuzer is a better player than Phillips.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Setterfield, Gibbons, and Cuningham have just about cemented spots for me. We’ve been crying out for small forwards, Gibbons and Cuningham have both shown they can offer a lot more than what we’ve had. Both can through the middle too

Setterfield will be an absolute jet and has shown enough to suggest he’s ready after missing a lot of footy. Will only get better with over time with more fitness and confidence. He’s a ferocious tackler and a good size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
Newman Jones Plowman

Walsh Cripps Murphy

McGovern McKay Gibbons

Phillips Fisher Dow

Round 1. Team

Regards Cazzesman

Yep I agree with you Caz.
Not a bad looking side plus we have some handy depth this year. Hopefully Marchbank and Williamson will be pushing for selection early in the year and maybe Stocker as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
Newman Jones Plowman

Walsh Cripps Murphy

McGovern McKay Gibbons

Phillips Fisher Dow

Round 1. Team

Regards Cazzesman

That would be my team too, assuming no more injuries. The MC preferred Garlett to LOB last week, but I hope that changes before round 1.

That backline looks vulnerable if the opposition gets a run on in the centre clearances. Under the 6-6-6 rule you need guys in defence you can back in 1 on 1s. Docherty, Marchbank and Williamson would have been handy to have available (and Byrne, for that matter).... :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 pm 
Rod McGregor

I did a quick comparison to our likely (imho) R1 team below to the R23 team last year - only 9 players common. I think that’s the key issue when people underestimate our likely improvement.

Thomas Jones Plowman
Simpson weitering Newman
Fisher setter field Murphy
SPS C curnow E Curnow
Fasolo mckay McGovern

Kreuzer Cripps Dow

Walsh Garlett Cunningham Gibbons

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I just saw on the club facebook page that reserved seats go on sale tomorrow for members... Does anyone know whether the new member zone thing is going to happen for this game or is it going to be a reserved deal for that area?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:03 am 
Stephen Kernahan

cecil89 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I think Gibbons will play on the back of his game the other night from limited touches.
Fasolo hasn't shown anything yet. There is no guarantee he will play JLT2.
And I don't think Kreuzer is as good as Phillips. If he doesn't win the tap, there will be less opportunity for him top get involved in the clearance follow up if the ball gets clear as fast as we are anticipating. Kreuzer's best work is in the stoppage-based scenarios, of which there will be a lot fewer. I have never been a fan of Kreuzer's tap work and it will be more important than ever. 30 odd times a game at the centre bounces says to me that Phillips should play.

The evidence (Phillips playing 41 games in 7 years, Kreuzer averaging more disposals, hitouts, clearances, tackles and pretty much everything else, Phillips never averaging more than 8 touches in a season, never getting more than 14 touches in any game) would suggest Kreuzer is a better player than Phillips.

Kreuzer can't get both feet off the ground any more. At the centre clearances with the 6-6-6, I think he will be exposed. We saw it as soon as Lobbe went into the ruck in the 4th against Essendon*. They got 5 goals in 5 minutes because Lobbe couldn't get the tap.

It didn't matter as much before because with a few exceptions, the tap in the centre resulted in an ugly pack and that's where Kreuzer got his clearances. The AFL has legislated to remove the very area in the centre at least, where Kreuzer is king. Ignore that at your peril. Past stats are all very well. Phillips has been injured a lot and played behind Mumford, who was very durable. On those occasions he has been asked to play in the seniors, he's done OK. We won the game last week on the clearances. Phillips had a lot to do with that. If Kreuzer gets a game next week, we will have a better indication.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Gibbons is in my team.
Maybe have both Phillips and Kreuze?
If you want Fasolo maybe swap out Polson?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:07 am 
Ken Hunter

The_Cranium wrote:
I just saw on the club facebook page that reserved seats go on sale tomorrow for members... Does anyone know whether the new member zone thing is going to happen for this game or is it going to be a reserved deal for that area?

Not 100% sure but from other people who are members but not with a reserved seat have had to upgrade to a reserve seat. This included General admission Captains club members who normally sit in an allocated area.
Check with the club but I would say you have to pay for the seat upgrade.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:14 am 
Stephen Silvagni

kezza wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

Not 100% sure but from other people who are members but not with a reserved seat have had to upgrade to a reserve seat. This included General admission Captains club members who normally sit in an allocated area.

I got reserved seats in the member zone this morning with my member zone membership through ticketek. Cost about $7 each.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:17 am 
Ken Hunter

Rexy wrote:
kezza wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

I got reserved seats in the member zone this morning with my member zone membership through ticketek. Cost about $7 each.

That is good. Where is the member zone? Is this the new membership type ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:19 am 
Stephen Silvagni

kezza wrote:
Rexy wrote:
kezza wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

That is good. Where is the member zone? Is this the new membership type ?

Northern stand level 1 on the flank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Afl with Carlton membership obviously no good... All I'm getting is a 'password incorrect' message

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
Afl with Carlton membership obviously no good... All I'm getting is a 'password incorrect' message

Go Blues

You can book AFL member reserved seat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thanks Buzzah... I know.. On Friday... And without sitting with other Carlton supporters... I get that...
What was the point of paying a premium!

AFL and Ticketek have got major issues

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:
kezza wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

Cheers... I actually rang the club this morning and got the info. Have seats in the member zone. Not too bad. $7 for adults $2 for kids. Think the club could have communicated it a bit better though. Reckon there will be a few supporters rocking up to the member zone on the night thinking they have that section to sit in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluegirl72 wrote:
Gibbons is in my team.
Maybe have both Phillips and Kreuze?
If you want Fasolo maybe swap out Polson?

1. Agree
2. Noooooooo please no
3. Polson shouldn't be near anyone's 22 at this stage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Appears Grigg will miss (a Richmond injury?? :eek: )

So glad I won't have to see his smug @#$%&! face in another opener.

#GUILTY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next