Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

toddkurnski wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Several richmond players have come down with gastro - including Cotchin

Tom Lynch turns up and it all turns to shit. Coincidence?

Good one.
Lynch is giving then the shits already.

They should be ready for Thursday night though.

Gosh I hope everything goes against the Tiggers this Thursday night and we sneak a win against the odds.

I hope they fall foul of the 50 metre , come 100 metre penalty as they did last year with the 5 metre rule.

Add a few off side frees to us from the centre square and we will be off hunting 100 points.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:37 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I feel like 21 are set and the remaining spot is between Polson and Fasolo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

From round 1 last year:

IN
McGovern
Walsh
Setterfield
Gibbons
McKay
Cuningham
Phillips
Newman
Polson/Fasolo

OUT
Byrne
Casboult
Kennedy
Kreuzer
Lamb
Marchbank
Mullett
J Silvagni
Wright

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mick’s trolling us hard...
Quote:
Hawthorn and Geelong keep you guessing merely because they are brilliant clubs. While Essendon* offers so much but gives little. Its pre-season form has been dismal.

On the contrary, Carlton has shown it is on the up, with No.1 draft pick Sam Walsh an absolute stand out. While Patrick Cripps dominates in the midfield, the Blues could battle it out for a spot in the final eight.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:eek:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
Quote:
Hawthorn and Geelong keep you guessing merely because they are brilliant clubs. While Essendon** offers so much but gives little. Its pre-season form has been dismal.

On the contrary, Carlton has shown it is on the up, with No.1 draft pick Sam Walsh an absolute stand out. While Patrick Cripps dominates in the midfield, the Blues could battle it out for a spot in the final eight.

Agree.We are a sneaky chance...............like our backline,like our forward line.Its in the guts we are found wanting.PetSet and Dow have to take big forward steps and we will be up there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Quote:
Hawthorn and Geelong keep you guessing merely because they are brilliant clubs. While Essendon*** offers so much but gives little. Its pre-season form has been dismal.

Agree.We are a sneaky chance...............like our backline,like our forward line.Its in the guts we are found wanting.PetSet and Dow have to take big forward steps and we will be up there.

Nail on head. :thumbsup:
I'm a glass full guy these days.
I'm expecting exponential growth.

Our backline is seasoned. Weitring is 22 this year and looks ready for week in week out stuff. The rest are 26-5yo this year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:49 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Quote:
Hawthorn and Geelong keep you guessing merely because they are brilliant clubs. While Essendon**** offers so much but gives little. Its pre-season form has been dismal.

Our backline is seasoned. Weitring is 22 this year and looks ready for week in week out stuff. The rest are 26-5yo this year.

I’d feel much better about our backline with Docherty, Marchbank and Williamson in. The likes of Daisy, Newman, Garlett and Plowman don’t fill me with confidence right now.

I think our midfield will have actually have a massive improvement this year, mainly through depth than any one player having a real breakout year. Another year into SPS, Dow and Fisher. Setterfield and Walsh into the mix. Cuningham and Kennedy should start to get more midfield minutes as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:21 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I can't find Jack's alleged calf injury confirmed anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:13 am 
Bruce Doull

Hmmm....

did you look behind the couch...?

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:28 am 
Bert Deacon

Blue Sombrero wrote:
"Jack Silvagni almost certainly will miss the season opener because of a tweaked calf. Silvagni had a compression legging on at training and only took part in light duties."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blues-can-improve-rapidly-murphy-20190318-p5151d.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
Hmmm....

kindest regards tommi

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A hospital...what is it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Quote:
Hawthorn and Geelong keep you guessing merely because they are brilliant clubs. While Essendon***** offers so much but gives little. Its pre-season form has been dismal.

I’d feel much better about our backline with Docherty, Marchbank and Williamson in. The likes of Daisy, Newman, Garlett and Plowman don’t fill me with confidence right now.

I think our midfield will have actually have a massive improvement this year, mainly through depth than any one player having a real breakout year. Another year into SPS, Dow and Fisher. Setterfield and Walsh into the mix. Cuningham and Kennedy should start to get more midfield minutes as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marchbank and Docherty would be significant ins.

Williamson will be a great HB one day.

Newman is a keeper. He's a fantastic acquisition and has done really well in the praccy games. He's versatile, and was not delisted by Swans as some have suggested.

My point re the backline is that there's maturity and experience back there with the youngest being Weiters at 22 yo.

I haven't been a fan of Thomas in the past, but he did well last year and this summer he's looked to have found some spring in his legs and distance in his kicking. Garlett showed some very good signs against Bumbers. He brings someting we are missing: pace from the backline.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

snakehips wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
"Jack Silvagni almost certainly will miss the season opener because of a tweaked calf. Silvagni had a compression legging on at training and only took part in light duties."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blues-can-improve-rapidly-murphy-20190318-p5151d.html

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:21 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
Hmmm....

kindest regards tommi

Silly old me, I was looking in the oven.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:19 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I don't rate Lynch.

The annoying thing is when he does play well, it always seems to be against Carlton.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:35 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

BigBlueWave wrote:
I don't rate Lynch.

The annoying thing is when he does play well, it always seems to be against Carlton.

Averages 4 goals a game against us.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:12 pm 
Rod McGregor

its also instructive to look at the 2018 R23 team versus Adelaide. Probably only 9 players who play/ed in both teams...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

Only two more sleeps.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next