Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 injury tracker
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Need more information.
Too early to pass final judgement.

If he's slipped and fallen on his arm, whether he had a couple or not (assuming below 0.2), it could happen sober.
If the path had bumps and loose pavers etc, then go after them. Not saying it was, but you get the drift.

I didn't feel uneasy about showing him the door, so I get you frank dardew, but at this stage I like the thought of a new 30-50 goal forward playing for us.

There's plenty of options to replace or take the spot he, and prob the club had earmarked for him.

Gibbons :sly:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Need more information.
Too early to pass final judgement.

If he's slipped and fallen on his arm, whether he had a couple or not (assuming below 0.2), it could happen sober.
If the path had bumps and loose pavers etc, then go after them. Not saying it was, but you get the drift.

I didn't feel uneasy about showing him the door, so I get you frank dardew, but at this stage I like the thought of a new 30-50 goal forward playing for us.

There's plenty of options to replace or take the spot he, and prob the club had earmarked for him.

Gibbons :sly:
My preference would be that a kid gets a chance and is an unexpected revelation.... Stupidity should not be rewarded...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

What about Bondi if allegedly it wasn’t just alcohol that caused him to fall :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 pm 
Ken Hands

AGRO wrote:
Who else was at the residence?

Were there any other Carlton players present?

Charlie was at the same party.

After the pre-season we’ve had, a PFO is the last thing we need. Suspend him and tell him it’s his last chance. How long is his contract?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:07 am 
Rod Ashman

Nothing like a little drama to fill the gaps.

The facts we know - is a 26 year old and is new to the club, breaks his arm at a party, required surgery, Charlie was at the same party (not even sure that’s a fact other what the paper reported)......and club is investigating before doing anything further.

Now, let’s get back to everyone else’s version of the events. Stories make great drama!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

ferdinand wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Who else was at the residence?

Were there any other Carlton players present?

Charlie was at the same party.

After the pre-season we’ve had, a PFO is the last thing we need. Suspend him and tell him it’s his last chance. How long is his contract?

One year with a trigger clause for a second I believe.
Males you wonder how Collingwood got any compo for him though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
Nothing like a little drama to fill the gaps.

The facts we know - is a 26 year old and is new to the club, breaks his arm at a party, required surgery, Charlie was at the same party (not even sure that’s a fact other what the paper reported)......and club is investigating before doing anything further.

Now, let’s get back to everyone else’s version of the events. Stories make great drama!

No drama Footy Farmer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:39 am 
John Nicholls

kezza wrote:
Males you wonder how Collingwood got any compo for him though.

AFL's formula is as follows:

x = int(input())
if x == Carlton:
print(NoCompo)
else:
print(MuchCompo)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:51 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

According to Barrass on Bigfooty Williamson won’t be playing for a while and it’s not back related ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
According to Barrass on Bigfooty Williamson won’t be playing for a while and it’s not back related ...

I was told the same thing last week, I was hoping it wasn't true.

Post subject: 2019 injury tracker
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Bugger... Is it something that's 'Cloak and dagger' worthy??

Why not just say what the problem is? (club, not you guys)

He's obviously been in the rehab group at training.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:22 am 
Craig Bradley

word round traps is Marchbank is going in for lower back surgery :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
word round traps is Marchbank is going in for lower back surgery :banghead:

Don't get too worked up Frank.

I don't think its as sinister as it sounds. SEN reported it candidly yesterday.

I heard its just Laser treatment on a nerve for pain relief.
Wont stop him from playing round 1 if he's fit and in form.

Fasolo's arm in cast and training hard, with enthusiasm at Training Camp Maloolaba.

Ditto Jones. Plowman training too. McGovern too with main group.

Williamson is up there too running laps. He must be bored shitless doing that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Fasolo on fast road back, set to play JLT
Michael Gleeson
By Michael Gleeson
February 19, 2019 — 7.46pm
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Carlton recruit Alex Fasolo has made a remarkable comeback from his fractured arm and is now set to play for the Blues in the JLT series.

Fasolo has had the brace removed from his arm and has joined in match simulation at the club in recent days. He is expected to play in the JLT practice match series, most likely in the second week of the practice matches.

Fasolo injured his arm on Australia Day when he tripped on a gutter and fell while play-wrestling with mates outside a party in Richmond.

He suffered a small fracture to the arm which was put in a brace and he was expected to miss the start of the AFL season.

Fasolo had been able to continue aerobic training and non-contact work. He was able to mark the ball one handed, though avoided tackling.

The news is a welcome change for the Blues this summer after several senior players suffered injuries, the worst of which being co-captain Sam Docherty's knee reconstruction.

Key recruit Mitch McGovern is fit to play in the JLT and is likely to also play in an official practice match against Hawthorn on Thursday.

McGovern landed badly in a marking contest at training in the pre-season and injured his back but he has returned to full training,

Will Setterfield, recruited from GWS in the off-season, has been on a modified training program and has stripped weight. He will be ready for the start of the season.

Fasolo, the small, high-marking former Collingwood forward, was expected to miss eight weeks from the fracture when he first suffered the injury but the fracture was small and able to be treated with a brace.

Fasolo was embarrassed by the incident as he was trying to make a good impression at his new club after moving as a free agent.

While he had not breached an alcohol ban by drinking that night and it happened just after midnight so he was not out late but the club was still frustrated and disappointed that he had put himself in the situation after a heavy week of training in extreme heat.

His response to the incident, more than the incident itself, did much to ameliorate the situation.

Fasolo apologised to football manager Brad Lloyd and welfare staff member Lillian O'Sullivan for the time they were forced to spend on the Australia Day long weekend dealing with the issue. He also apologised to coach Brendon Bolton's wife Louisa for interrupting their family time.

"The one thing he did do, which I think says a lot about Fas, was that he made contact to the people who dealt with that issue and their families," Bolton said recently of the incident.

"It told me about Fas is very remorseful and embarrassed about it but more importantly he thought about others and that is a key message: we're here to consider others more than yourself."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yes but did he apologise to Frank? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/21/ ... illiamson/

Blues assistant gives update on injured defender Williamson
By Nic Negrepontis 2 hours ago

Carlton assistant coach David Teague has given an update on young Carlton defender Tom Williamson’s recovery from a back injury.

Williamson sat out the entire 2018 season with a back issue, after playing 15 games in his debut year in 2017.

“He was progressing well, he’s been out of training the last couple of weeks,” Teague told SEN's the Captain's Run.

“I’m not exactly sure what his timeline is, I’m doubtful he’ll be ready for Round 1 in terms of just having enough game-play into him.

“He is a player we really value and when he was on track he was exciting.”

Carlton take on Essendon* in their first game of the JLT Series at Ikon Park and Teague expects the Blues to roll out a strong side.

“There’s definitely going to be a focus for Round 1 and some management, but the continuity of getting some games together will help us,” he said.

“We’ll be trying to get our best team out there that will be ready for Round 1 and getting them playing games together.

“We’ve brought a few new guys in and a few draftees and if we can get them playing well together, the group will improve so I’m expecting a pretty strong team next week.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

Good one Ck :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/21/blues-assistant-gives-update-on-injured-defender-williamson/

Blues assistant gives update on injured defender Williamson
By Nic Negrepontis 2 hours ago

Carlton assistant coach David Teague has given an update on young Carlton defender Tom Williamson’s recovery from a back injury.

Williamson sat out the entire 2018 season with a back issue, after playing 15 games in his debut year in 2017.

“He was progressing well, he’s been out of training the last couple of weeks,” Teague told SEN's the Captain's Run.

“I’m not exactly sure what his timeline is, I’m doubtful he’ll be ready for Round 1 in terms of just having enough game-play into him.

“He is a player we really value and when he was on track he was exciting.”

Carlton take on Essendon** in their first game of the JLT Series at Ikon Park and Teague expects the Blues to roll out a strong side.

“There’s definitely going to be a focus for Round 1 and some management, but the continuity of getting some games together will help us,” he said.

“We’ll be trying to get our best team out there that will be ready for Round 1 and getting them playing games together.

“We’ve brought a few new guys in and a few draftees and if we can get them playing well together, the group will improve so I’m expecting a pretty strong team next week.”

Good to know he's been handled with care to ensure he's right when he does play.

Its a long season.

Having a running HB, who can break lines, and capable of playing wing, with a deadly left foot pass and a bit of mongrel is going to be great for our attack from the backline.

Take your time boys. Just get him cheery ripe for when he does.

Hope its soon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Vague at best

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next