Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 injury tracker
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:32 am 
John James

Did Fasolo get injured in the VFL?
Any updates?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Back spasms

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

The way we're going I'm gonna be demanding a statue of Andrew Russel at Princes Park. Every player that has come back has looked fit and strong and played well. No recurring injuries. Kreuz, Marchbank, Williamson, Macreadie, I'm sure there's more. So different to years past. The injury list now is pretty much just Doc, Pickett, TDK, and Lebois 2-3 weeks away

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

If there is anyone on here that has direct contact with the club can you please ask them the following questions:
1. Why does the injury list on our website say last updated February?
2. Why is there players on the list that have been playing?
3. How is Pickett going?
4. Why is the AFL website injury list more accurate than ours?

Surely given our issues last year, it would be the number 1 priority for the club to keep the supports accurately updated.

:banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
If there is anyone on here that has direct contact with the club can you please ask them the following questions:
1. Why does the injury list on our website say last updated February?
2. Why is there players on the list that have been playing?
3. How is Pickett going?
4. Why is the AFL website injury list more accurate than ours?

Surely given our issues last year, it would be the number 1 priority for the club to keep the supports accurately updated.

:banghead:

I think I know the answer to Q2....because the website was last updated in February :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

jake_h03 wrote:
The way we're going I'm gonna be demanding a statue of Andrew Russel at Princes Park. Every player that has come back has looked fit and strong and played well. No recurring injuries. Kreuz, Marchbank, Williamson, Macreadie, I'm sure there's more. So different to years past. The injury list now is pretty much just Doc, Pickett, TDK, and Lebois 2-3 weeks away

Post subject: 2019 injury tracker
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:11 am 
Craig Bradley

Blue Sombrero wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

True, but that’s not from being rushed back too or early or put back on the field when clearly injured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Any news on the 3 injuries from today?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:

Bolts said in his presser that Simpson has done his hammy and will miss games - not sure how many at this stage.
Newman jarred his knee but Bolts is hopeful he might be OK next week.
No word on Kreuzer yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

Humpers wrote:
kezza wrote:

Bolts said in his presser that Simpson has done his hammy and will miss games - not sure how many at this stage.
Newman jarred his knee but Bolts is hopeful he might be OK next week.
No word on Kreuzer yet.

Cheers.
Simmo has has an incredible run with injuries in his career and I don't recall him doing a hamstring before.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Craig Bradley did a few hamstrings around games 300 or so, and then I thought he was done, ended up playing another 70 or so.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blues captain Docherty ahead of schedule in ACL recovery
By Nic Negrepontis 3 hours ago

Carlton co-captain Sam Docherty is taking things day by day after tearing his ACL for a second time in two years, but hasn’t ruled out playing in 2019.

Docherty tore his ACL in December at training after missing the entire 2018 season with the same injury.

The 2017 All-Australian defender said he’s ahead of schedule and if he gets to a point where he can play this year, he will.

“It’s all on track at the moment, I’m actually going a bit ahead of where I was. Having the hindsight of going through one already it’s sort of looking back and going we’re ticking along a bit better than last year,” Docherty told SEN’s Whateley.

“It’s going really well. It’s mentally been a bit better for me this year understanding the program. The club’s been really good for me mentally and if I need a day or an afternoon off they give me that flexibility.

“With ACL rehabs, we don’t set timelines on when we’re trying to return, that puts you in a bad headspace, if it gets late in the year and we’ve ticked everything off and I’m training and I’m going really well that’ll be the conversation we have later in the year.

“There’s a slight possibility and if I put myself in a position where I’m going really well and whatnot then I might still play. It’s a hard one, but I’d love to get back out there this year.

“I’m back running, change of direction, I’ve been doing that for a couple of weeks now and we’re just building that up, but everything is going to plan at the moment.

“My strength is back, my running is getting a lot better, I’m starting to get a bit more speed.”

Docherty has once again taken on a coaching role on the bench for the Blues and says with the club being in so many tight games, watching gets tough.

“The moments that are hardest are the fact that we’re so close in games and I feel like I want to run out there and play the games and impact it like I think I could be able to do,” he said.

“They’re probably the hardest parts. I’m a competitive person so I do miss doing that and it is hard to watch, it’s also a level that these are the cards I’ve been dealt and I can only do what I’m doing at the moment and that’s invest in the group we’ve got out there.

“Hopefully when I come back it’ll be a bit of a seamless transition with the group we’ve got out there.”

Carlton has now lost defenders Kade Simpson (hamstring) and Nic Newman (knee) for three weeks, testing their depth with Docherty already sidelined.

Young defender Tom Williamson and first round pick Liam Stocker seem the likely replacements to take on North Melbourne this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019- ... JHS4mCYF7c

Post subject: 2019 injury tracker
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Serves us right for starting to feel confident about our injury list.

Nek minnit - four down against the worst team in the comp, and another confirmed for the season.

This team will be Russell’s greatest ever challenge.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Any whispers about McGovern having a hamstring strain?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

[https://static-zerohanger-com]

Injuries mount as McGovern suffers hamstring strain

Carlton has been dealt with yet another injury blow, with Mitch McGovern suffering a hamstring injury.
Already dealing with an array of injuries, McGovern strained his hamstring during Sunday’s match against Hawthorn, but continued to play out the match as a result of the bench already riddled with injury woes.
According to the Herald Sun, McGovern will definitely miss Sunday’s clash against North Melbourne – and is also a chance to miss out the following week against arch-rivals Collingwood

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Injuries mount as McGovern suffers hamstring strain

Carlton has been dealt with yet another injury blow, with Mitch McGovern suffering a hamstring injury.
Already dealing with an array of injuries, McGovern strained his hamstring during Sunday’s match against Hawthorn, but continued to play out the match as a result of the bench already riddled with injury woes.
According to the Herald Sun, McGovern will definitely miss Sunday’s clash against North Melbourne – and is also a chance to miss out the following week against arch-rivals Collingwood

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

FMD

That will test our depth and our resolve to get the job done: winning.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

With Charlie returning, I don't think the McGovern injury will hurt as much as Kreuzer or Simpson.
In fact, I think Cuningham, Harry, Charlie and Gibbons are more crucial to our forward structure.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
With Charlie returning, I don't think the McGovern injury will hurt as much as Kreuzer or Simpson.
In fact, I think Cuningham, Harry, Charlie and Gibbons are more crucial to our forward structure.

I'm thinking along those lines too.

Kreuzer can't be replaced after what I saw last weekend, and Simmo is the other General out there watching the game unfold and setting up the boys.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:

I agree. The on-field leadership loss alone is going to hurt us a lot, let alone their individual performances.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next