Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:51 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 2371
Mickstar wrote:
I'll put my head on the chopping block..................Hogg,Hanna,Rice,Clape,Whitehead,Manton.................the six i have mentioned played great games in that GF..............but if we are talking about natural talent,they would be my bottom six

PS..............no correspondence shall be entered into.In other words i aint gonna argue.I learnt about that the hard way.

Regards Mick.

Painful, yet I’d replace Ang with Mil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 11367
Location: Bondi Beach
london blue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
I'll put my head on the chopping block..................Hogg,Hanna,Rice,Clape,Whitehead,Manton.................the six i have mentioned played great games in that GF..............but if we are talking about natural talent,they would be my bottom six

PS..............no correspondence shall be entered into.In other words i aint gonna argue.I learnt about that the hard way.

Regards Mick.

Painful, yet I’d replace Ang with Mil


It is painful allright.

Hanna was the strongest man at Carlton at the time, and when fit, no one could lay a hand on him.
Could play anywhere and kick 'em fro 50. GOLD!

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 27142
Location: *Currently banned*
Clape gets a bad rap but he did kick over 30 goals in '95. If only we had a half forward flanker in our bottom six today who could kick 35 goals!

_________________
Drink, then post.
Then the next day, edit post.
Then ask for threads to be locked.
Then drink...and post.

WE WUZ ROBBED!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:54 am 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 5080
a bottom 6 to die for agree -Mil Hanna apart from being the best looking footballer in the comp was a really good player -could play anywhere with his athleticism -was built like Kouta - probably best on the wing - hd a prodigious kick and strong and quick -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:41 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 27142
Location: *Currently banned*
I've had a look on Blueseum at the best players every week and Williams only features in the best players three times. BOG in the grand final though. Of the 21 who played in the '95 grand final:

1. Ratten
2. Bradley
3. Koutoufides
4. McKay
5. Kernahan
6. Sexton
7. Brown
8. Dean
9. Christou
10. Silvagni
11. Madden
12. Hanna
13. Spalding
14. Williams
15. Clape
-------------------
16. Pearce
17. Whitehead
18. Camporeale
19. Rice
20. Manton
21. Hogg

_________________
Drink, then post.
Then the next day, edit post.
Then ask for threads to be locked.
Then drink...and post.

WE WUZ ROBBED!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:01 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am
Posts: 16639
Location: Progreso, Yucatan, MEXICO
verbs wrote:
I've had a look on Blueseum at the best players every week and Williams only features in the best players three times. BOG in the grand final though. Of the 21 who played in the '95 grand final:

1. Ratten
2. Bradley
3. Koutoufides
4. McKay
5. Kernahan
6. Sexton
7. Brown
8. Dean
9. Christou
10. Silvagni
11. Madden
12. Hanna
13. Spalding
14. Williams
15. Clape
-------------------
16. Pearce
17. Whitehead
18. Camporeale
19. Rice
20. Manton
21. Hogg

It's a brave man who puts Campo in the bottom six.

_________________
Let slip the Blues of war (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (and Sir Francis Bacon, just in case)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:03 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:26 am
Posts: 6591
Location: Melbourne
Anyone see this?

St Kilda and Essendon* great Brendon Goddard reveals Carlton offered him an AFL lifeline

Say it ain’t so.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-kil ... 2a407573d3

_________________
The verdict - "The horror, the horror"
Col William Kurtz (with apologies!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 5080
Saw it and are glad we never followed through on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:41 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am
Posts: 11397
Location: threeohfivethree
Blue Sombrero wrote:
verbs wrote:
I've had a look on Blueseum at the best players every week and Williams only features in the best players three times. BOG in the grand final though. Of the 21 who played in the '95 grand final:

1. Ratten
2. Bradley
3. Koutoufides
4. McKay
5. Kernahan
6. Sexton
7. Brown
8. Dean
9. Christou
10. Silvagni
11. Madden
12. Hanna
13. Spalding
14. Williams
15. Clape
-------------------
16. Pearce
17. Whitehead
18. Camporeale
19. Rice
20. Manton
21. Hogg

It's a brave man who puts Campo in the bottom six.


Not sure brave’s the right word.

It’s not like Campo will come straight at him. Verbs just needs to be careful he doesn’t run behind him looking for the cheapie.

_________________
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L.Mencken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:34 pm 
Online
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 28595
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
Fake news, has to be...

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:37 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:05 pm
Posts: 4243
Location: St Helens
Blue Sombrero wrote:
verbs wrote:
I've had a look on Blueseum at the best players every week and Williams only features in the best players three times. BOG in the grand final though. Of the 21 who played in the '95 grand final:

1. Ratten
2. Bradley
3. Koutoufides
4. McKay
5. Kernahan
6. Sexton
7. Brown
8. Dean
9. Christou
10. Silvagni
11. Madden
12. Hanna
13. Spalding
14. Williams
15. Clape
-------------------
16. Pearce
17. Whitehead
18. Camporeale
19. Rice
20. Manton
21. Hogg

It's a brave man who puts Campo in the bottom six.


Suppose it was his first season and he did just come off the bench on the day from memory. In '95 he may well have been around the bottom six. Career wise it's obviously a very different story.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:55 am 
Online
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 28595
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
Agresta with a list update, nothing Earth-shattering.


https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/11 ... 7983125505

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group