Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

So let’s just win the next 12 games and everything will be hunky dory :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:00 am 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
99prelim wrote:
keogh wrote:
windy wrote:
"should of"

And this is a school teacher?

We get it, no need to keep going on, and on, and on.

SOS is no good as a recruiter.

We get it.

Maths
Not English
Rather than taking pot shots
Provide some constructive thoughts as to why
are last 7 years is on par with Fitzroy as reported in the Age

Last time I checked, even Maths teachers should of completed Year 10 English back when they were in secondary school

As far as your opinions are concerned, you should of learnt the CTRL C CTRL V sequence in your computer class. You would of found that it would give you so many more hours a day to do other things

Listen the art to good teaching is getting down to the kids level
Far more important than correct grammar
Anyway SOS s list management is pretty crap isnt it

and when it came to written communication, you sure did that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:03 am 
Robert Walls

tommi wrote:
I got 24% for the English...!

kindest regards tommi

Is that to win the World Cup?

That's what, $4.17 if I do my maths

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:58 am 
Harry Vallence

I’d love to see Daisy back as a small forward or at least try it today in the VFL.
Harry, jack, Gov, and Charlie could use some experienced on field guidance.
That front half is often so rudderless. I’d try either Simmo or Daisy when obviously available.
For my sins I rewatched the Saints game, and the organisation in the forward 50 is bordering on zero.
Players look up and have nothing, even 666 clearances! we have either the worst forward entry kicks or the most dire positioning of our forwards, or both...its horrible and kind of amazing at AFL level.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:20 am 
Ken Hunter

Bookie wrote:
I’d love to see Daisy back as a small forward or at least try it today in the VFL.
That front half is often so rudderless. I’d try either Simmo or Daisy when obviously available.
For my sins I rewatched the Saints game, and the organisation in the forward 50 is bordering on zero.
Players look up and have nothing, even 666 clearances! we have either the worst forward entry kicks or the most dire positioning of our forwards, or both...its horrible and kind of amazing at AFL level.

:clap: what I don’t understand, we’ve been seeing and saying this for a good 2 years now, yet nothing changes. Is our coach that stubborn, or are our players just that dumb? I doubt it’s the latter, as we have added and refreshed that part of the ground.

Post subject: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

Bookie wrote:

Does seem bizarre bordering on insane to not try anything when sticking to what we do now has us winning under 10% of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bookie wrote:

We pump the footy in to the opposition sweepers. It counts as F50 entry.

Hurley 12 marks tonight and one of the other defenders 11. 23 marks inside or close to our F50 from two players. Most uncontestd because Harry and Charlie were down at HB.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Bookie wrote:

Hurley 12 marks tonight and one of the other defenders 11. 23 marks inside or close to our F50 from two players. Most uncontestd because Harry and Charlie were down at HB.

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:31 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Bookie wrote:

Part of our problem was that Bolton was hell bent on instilling a defensive mindset at the expense of quick ball movement and scoring

As a result, we have a team that cannot transition and create quality 50 metre entries

Like everything else at this club, that was an unbalanced view and we are now paying the consequences

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:19 am 
Harry Vallence

WOW wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Bookie wrote:

Part of our problem was that Bolton was hell bent on instilling a defensive mindset at the expense of quick ball movement and scoring

As a result, we have a team that cannot transition and create quality 50 metre entries

Like everything else at this club, that was an unbalanced view and we are now paying the consequences

Why does it have to take years to install a defensive mindset. Why does it take years to learn these these patterns? Is footy that hard?

OR is it poor execution by the players and a collective inability to switch to attack during the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

famousblueraincoat wrote:
WOW wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Bookie wrote:

Why does it have to take years to install a defensive mindset. Why does it take years to learn these these patterns? Is footy that hard?

OR is it poor execution by the players and a collective inability to switch to attack during the game.

Have a look at our top 10 players for disposal and check out the efficiency of those disposals: Apalling.

Newman 22 disposals 52% efficiency
Kreuzer 22/50
Dow 21/51
Cuningham 21/52
Walsh 21/71
Setterfield 21/50
Ed Curnow 17/70
SPS 16/62
Gibbons 15/53
Fisher 14/50

Our youngest and most average kick were the most efficient.
Kreuzer battled hard on the ground, but he's really there to win the ruck, (and didn't).
Where is everyone else's head? Wayward disposal is due in part to a lack of care.

Then have a look at set shots:

Lang from the get go proved he can't kick straight, so what is he doing there as a forward?
Harry misses the gettable, then kicks the extraordinary.

No forward pressure.

I saw a lot of dumb football...really dumb.
My 11yo pointed out heaps of positional errors.
They are coach killers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:42 am 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
famousblueraincoat wrote:
WOW wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Bookie wrote:

Have a look at our top 10 players for disposal and check out the efficiency of those disposals: Apalling.

Newman 22 disposals 52% efficiency
Kreuzer 22/50
Dow 21/51
Cuningham 21/52
Walsh 21/71
Setterfield 21/50
Ed Curnow 17/70
SPS 16/62
Gibbons 15/53
Fisher 14/50

Our youngest and most average kick were the most efficient.
Kreuzer battled hard on the ground, but he's really there to win the ruck, (and didn't).
Where is everyone else's head? Wayward disposal is due in part to a lack of care.

Then have a look at set shots:

Lang from the get go proved he can't kick straight, so what is he doing there as a forward?
Harry misses the gettable, then kicks the extraordinary.

No forward pressure.

I saw a lot of dumb football...really dumb.
My 11yo pointed out heaps of positional errors.
They are coach killers.

Well said Bondi - the scum player unmarked out the back of the contest time and time again, Heppel, Parish, #16 - Jack SOS was screaming at people to get someone to them at one point and everyone was just looking around - he threw his arms up and turned his back to go back to his player. Spoke volumes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:58 am 
Ken Hunter

We have shown every club what not to do to rebuild.
We cut way too deep, supposedly to build for a premiership.
I would just be happy with a team that wins occasionally.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:06 am 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
Keogh, I think once you've stated you think a player is shit you really don't need to restate it over and over - we get it 9whether or not we agree). When someone else then mentions said (or Set?) player you can come in again and give us your view, but to give us your view every single @#$%&! time is just tedious.

Do what you're asking of the club

be inventive.

List Management is like running an ice cream shop. You have all these flavours, but the old humble vanilla still exists.
However vanilla can be rather bland and boring. You pretty much know what you are going to get every week you have one. Nothing exciting.It's all expected.
Will Setterfield vanilla
Darcy Lang vanilla
Lochie Plowman vanilla
Jack Silvangi vanilla
Matthew Kennedy vanilla(low fat)
Too much vanilla is bad

The list needs more choccie chip, salted caramel and strawberry shortcake footballers
You know. The ones that occasionally do somethng and you go WOW
Cunningham is your salted caramel footballer. Unfortunately the scope size is not overally large.
The same applies to SPS.

Then you have the ice cream that is still in the container and not ready for human consumption. All reports say it will never make it to the counter. This applies to Ben Silvangi and Finbar O"Dwyer
The Owies icecream is a new flavour that is been tested in the lab as we speak because sales overall are dwindling. Probably
will end up like Cherry Cola in soft drink terms. A dismal failure.

Then there is the ice cream which has passed its used by date, but the company will ignore O.H and S label and trot it out for
another year. Come on down Marc Murphy.
Mitch McGovern reminds me of an ice cream shop that has a massive reputation, but is ultimately very disappointing as the scope size is a
way too small, therefore is overpriced and overrated.

There is a sprinkle of about 8 to 10 delicious ice creams but because the other 35 flavours are basically shit their sales are crumbling as well.

The guy that runs the shop has no idea about ice creams but is mates with the General Manager of the whole franchise so he will keep his job, but the poor little kid who does the best job he can serving up this crap will probably get blamed for the down turn of the business
and get the arse.

The bottom line in all this is the General Manager and his fellow cronies wouldn’t know the difference between a good ice cream and their
own collective arseholes.

There you ago Danny Boy.
Inventive enough for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
Keogh, I think once you've stated you think a player is shit you really don't need to restate it over and over - we get it 9whether or not we agree). When someone else then mentions said (or Set?) player you can come in again and give us your view, but to give us your view every single @#$%&! time is just tedious.

Do what you're asking of the club

be inventive.

List Management is like running an ice cream shop. You have all these flavours, but the old humble vanilla still exists.
However vanilla can be rather bland and boring. You pretty much know what you are going to get every week you have one. Nothing exciting.It's all expected.
Will Setterfield vanilla
Darcy Lang vanilla
Lochie Plowman vanilla
Jack Silvangi vanilla
Matthew Kennedy vanilla(low fat)
Too much vanilla is bad

The list needs more choccie chip, salted caramel and strawberry shortcake footballers
You know. The ones that occasionally do somethng and you go WOW
Cunningham is your salted caramel footballer. Unfortunately the scope size is not overally large.
The same applies to SPS.

Then you have the ice cream that is still in the container and not ready for human consumption. All reports say it will never make it to the counter. This applies to Ben Silvangi and Finbar O"Dwyer
The Owies icecream is a new flavour that is been tested in the lab as we speak because sales overall are dwindling. Probably
will end up like Cherry Cola in soft drink terms. A dismal failure.

Then there is the ice cream which has passed its used by date, but the company will ignore O.H and S label and trot it out for
another year. Come on down Marc Murphy.
Mitch McGovern reminds me of an ice cream shop that has a massive reputation, but is ultimately very disappointing as the scope size is a
way too small, therefore is overpriced and overrated.

There is a sprinkle of about 8 to 10 delicious ice creams but because the other 35 flavours are basically shit their sales are crumbling as well.

The guy that runs the shop has no idea about ice creams but is mates with the General Manager of the whole franchise so he will keep his job, but the poor little kid who does the best job he can serving up this crap will probably get blamed for the down turn of the business
and get the arse.

The bottom line in all this is the General Manager and his fellow cronies wouldn’t know the difference between a good ice cream and their
own collective arseholes.

There you ago Danny Boy.
Inventive enough for you.

Gotta laugh.

That's an A for Creative Writing and therefore a pass in English.

Jury is out for Setterfield. He's played less than 10 games and back from an ACL.
Jack looked good in the midfield with his desperation.

I blame the coaches, assistants included.
Just look at the set ups, not the players and they were a mess.

Why not throw Charlie in the midfield to mix it up?
What is there to lose?
Charlie killed centre clearances at a preseason practise session.
He looked the king of clearences, and Cripp was in there too.

Stubborness?
Lack of dare?
Lack of insight?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

When can we expect a new list manager?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

I think the list is okay - but time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

dannyboy wrote:

I think you may find we have bigger issues than Bolton

Plowman, Kennedy and Marchbank are good examples of poor list management

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:

You know how it is Danny
There will be a temporary spike in performance with a new voice
The list is shit
The club will remain stuffed until we get a decent board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SOS still here?

:?

Winston Churchill

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 51  Next