Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:41 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

This topic does remind me of a pet peeve of mine when Eddie McGuire calls a Carlton game, he is very fond of saying we will get to sing Lilly of Laguna after we win. We don't sing Lilly of Laguna, we sing the Carlton theme song to the tune of Lilly of Laguna. He doesn't say Collingwood will be singing "Goodbye Dolly Gray" if they win the game, or Hawthorn "Yankee Doodle Dandy" or Adelaide "The US Marines Hymn" or Brisbane "La Marseillaise", or Geelong "Toreador". The tune is not the song, most of the clubs songs are not original tunes, we don't sing the lyrics in the original song so I can't see the harm.

Thanos wrote:
Why were on the subject why is it a team can be call the bombers in this day and age.
Having served my country I can definitely say there is no such thing as a good bomb or bombers.

Your right but which is worse Bombers or their one time nickname of Blood Stained Niggers (a reference to their black with red jumper, just as South Melbourne were the blood stained Angels - the origins of the term "the bloods" which you occasionally hear about Sydney culture).