Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 10848
. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

_________________
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!!!

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
jim wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
jim wrote:
That was a game that showed how bad our coaching is. After 3 years our system of moving the ball going forward is the worst I've seen anywhere. Our players have ability for sure but are being let down by that. Other sides go forward with a structure that can often open other sides up, we have no idea. That cost a quite a decent win. Instead another loss to an ordinary side. One of the most frustrating defeats I've come across. Loved the competitiveness but we want more than that after 3 years. Enough is enough!

Bet a decent coach could sort alot of that in a preseason. They love the ability at their disposal.


Not even half our players have been on the list 3 years ago, and only 12 players yesterday have been on the list back then.

Of those 12 players, 5 have played less than 25 games at the start of the season and have had interrupted seasons and not participated in all training drills.

You are asking an awful lot from a coach that has more players come through the door than any other team, never had his best team play together and has lost experienced players through trade and injuries.

We still had a pretty decent side in there, one that is better than 3 wins from 31 games. What you say might be valid if it was year 1 or even 2 but by year 3 we should have an on-field system and structure in place. After 3 years we still have no clue how to move the ball into the F50 hence still kick 7.7. Injuries don't excuse that. Alot of sides with injuries this year who do that well albeit with a bit more depth. That was a few goal win lost because we are so poorly drilled.

After 3 years it's not harsh.


Explain Adelaide's year then?

They want from top of the ladder last year to 12th this year, their coaching must be woeful going by your theories.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 14032
Location: North of the border
Sidefx wrote:
jim wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
jim wrote:
That was a game that showed how bad our coaching is. After 3 years our system of moving the ball going forward is the worst I've seen anywhere. Our players have ability for sure but are being let down by that. Other sides go forward with a structure that can often open other sides up, we have no idea. That cost a quite a decent win. Instead another loss to an ordinary side. One of the most frustrating defeats I've come across. Loved the competitiveness but we want more than that after 3 years. Enough is enough!

Bet a decent coach could sort alot of that in a preseason. They love the ability at their disposal.


Not even half our players have been on the list 3 years ago, and only 12 players yesterday have been on the list back then.

Of those 12 players, 5 have played less than 25 games at the start of the season and have had interrupted seasons and not participated in all training drills.

You are asking an awful lot from a coach that has more players come through the door than any other team, never had his best team play together and has lost experienced players through trade and injuries.

We still had a pretty decent side in there, one that is better than 3 wins from 31 games. What you say might be valid if it was year 1 or even 2 but by year 3 we should have an on-field system and structure in place. After 3 years we still have no clue how to move the ball into the F50 hence still kick 7.7. Injuries don't excuse that. Alot of sides with injuries this year who do that well albeit with a bit more depth. That was a few goal win lost because we are so poorly drilled.

After 3 years it's not harsh.


Explain Adelaide's year then?

They want from top of the ladder last year to 12th this year, their coaching must be woeful going by your theories.


Adelaide fell 11 places therefore despite winning half their games their coach is worse than ours
I will give you the drum the only reason we didn't fall further than 11 places because there was no else to fall we had hit the bottom


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 1:40 pm
Posts: 2575
Beveridge quite rightly pointed out that it was his players that have played between 100 - 150 games that stepped up and got them the win.

We had exactly one player on the field who falls into that games category: Ed Curnow (142)


Last edited by bluechampion on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:12 am
Posts: 9422
Location: Coburg
Yes but if Bolts was a good coach bluechampion he would get them to those games quicker....

_________________
Title: Catalina
Author: Danny Fahey
Publisher: Dragonfall Press (http://www.dragonfallpress.com)
http://dannybfahey.blogspot.com.au/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:05 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:39 pm
Posts: 765
jim wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
jim wrote:
That was a game that showed how bad our coaching is. After 3 years our system of moving the ball going forward is the worst I've seen anywhere. Our players have ability for sure but are being let down by that. Other sides go forward with a structure that can often open other sides up, we have no idea. That cost a quite a decent win. Instead another loss to an ordinary side. One of the most frustrating defeats I've come across. Loved the competitiveness but we want more than that after 3 years. Enough is enough!

Bet a decent coach could sort alot of that in a preseason. They love the ability at their disposal.


Not even half our players have been on the list 3 years ago, and only 12 players yesterday have been on the list back then.

Of those 12 players, 5 have played less than 25 games at the start of the season and have had interrupted seasons and not participated in all training drills.

You are asking an awful lot from a coach that has more players come through the door than any other team, never had his best team play together and has lost experienced players through trade and injuries.

We still had a pretty decent side in there, one that is better than 3 wins from 31 games. What you say might be valid if it was year 1 or even 2 but by year 3 we should have an on-field system and structure in place. After 3 years we still have no clue how to move the ball into the F50 hence still kick 7.7. Injuries don't excuse that. Alot of sides with injuries this year who do that well albeit with a bit more depth. That was a few goal win lost because we are so poorly drilled.

After 3 years it's not harsh.


Please read my post again, it's NOT 3 years for this group.

only 7 players have been on the list and played enough games to be judged on their understanding of the game plan. That's only a third of the player out there so you are completely wrong to be banging on about 3 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
Sydney Blue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
jim wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
jim wrote:
That was a game that showed how bad our coaching is. After 3 years our system of moving the ball going forward is the worst I've seen anywhere. Our players have ability for sure but are being let down by that. Other sides go forward with a structure that can often open other sides up, we have no idea. That cost a quite a decent win. Instead another loss to an ordinary side. One of the most frustrating defeats I've come across. Loved the competitiveness but we want more than that after 3 years. Enough is enough!

Bet a decent coach could sort alot of that in a preseason. They love the ability at their disposal.


Not even half our players have been on the list 3 years ago, and only 12 players yesterday have been on the list back then.

Of those 12 players, 5 have played less than 25 games at the start of the season and have had interrupted seasons and not participated in all training drills.

You are asking an awful lot from a coach that has more players come through the door than any other team, never had his best team play together and has lost experienced players through trade and injuries.

We still had a pretty decent side in there, one that is better than 3 wins from 31 games. What you say might be valid if it was year 1 or even 2 but by year 3 we should have an on-field system and structure in place. After 3 years we still have no clue how to move the ball into the F50 hence still kick 7.7. Injuries don't excuse that. Alot of sides with injuries this year who do that well albeit with a bit more depth. That was a few goal win lost because we are so poorly drilled.

After 3 years it's not harsh.


Explain Adelaide's year then?

They want from top of the ladder last year to 12th this year, their coaching must be woeful going by your theories.


Adelaide fell 11 places therefore despite winning half their games their coach is worse than ours
I will give you the drum the only reason we didn't fall further than 11 places because there was no else to fall we had hit the bottom


WOW..........the insight! Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
dannyboy wrote:
Yes but if Bolts was a good coach bluechampion he would get them to those games quicker....


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
Sorry, but this whole "judging" Bolts on a year like this and with the list we have is utter lunacy but extremely entertaining to say the least.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:23 am
Posts: 1538
Location: Smorgyland Village North Carlton
Wow Jed Lamb fined for his hit to the back on Botemsmelli. The Carlton tax.

_________________
Green Shooter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:46 am
Posts: 26210
Fine is fair enough and if Bont struck him first he should be fined/suspended too.

_________________
WHO WANTS TO WALK... WITH CRIPPA ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 3351
Location: Sydney
99prelim wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
99prelim wrote:
SPS thinks that belonging is an entitlement


Where do you get that from? Hasn't been dropped, therefore must have a sense of entitlement? Seems a stretch.


It's an opinion I have. Has had two interrupted preseasons yet never been dropped, despite blocks of poor games


Now that I'm on a PC I should be able to reply without losing everything on submit. :)

My take on this is that, having watched Harry get dropped despite his obvious talent, Silvagni being dropped despite his dad, and Pickett being dropped despite our desperate need for pace and/or small forwards, it stands to reason that no one is receiving any special favours, nor are players necessarily punished for mistakes or rewarded for good moments or stats. What it suggests to me is that players who work hard, take on board the messages from the coaches and look after their bodies are the players who keep their place in the team. I believe SPS must be fulfilling the demands of Bolton and co. to have achieved his 100% selection rate this season. We should be celebrating that, rather than accusing him of complacency/sense of entitlement, or searching for ulterior motives.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:56 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 pm
Posts: 2371
GreatEx wrote:
99prelim wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
99prelim wrote:
SPS thinks that belonging is an entitlement


Where do you get that from? Hasn't been dropped, therefore must have a sense of entitlement? Seems a stretch.


It's an opinion I have. Has had two interrupted preseasons yet never been dropped, despite blocks of poor games


Now that I'm on a PC I should be able to reply without losing everything on submit. :)

My take on this is that, having watched Harry get dropped despite his obvious talent, Silvagni being dropped despite his dad, and Pickett being dropped despite our desperate need for pace and/or small forwards, it stands to reason that no one is receiving any special favours, nor are players necessarily punished for mistakes or rewarded for good moments or stats. What it suggests to me is that players who work hard, take on board the messages from the coaches and look after their bodies are the players who keep their place in the team. I believe SPS must be fulfilling the demands of Bolton and co. to have achieved his 100% selection rate this season. We should be celebrating that, rather than accusing him of complacency/sense of entitlement, or searching for ulterior motives.


Unless you know this as fact, you're just speculating
I'm happy to be on my own here...SPS has not deserved to to have played 2 seasons without being dropped. His output has been mediocre in 70% of his 40 odd games

_________________
If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
John James

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:24 pm
Posts: 621
99prelim wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
99prelim wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
99prelim wrote:
SPS thinks that belonging is an entitlement


Where do you get that from? Hasn't been dropped, therefore must have a sense of entitlement? Seems a stretch.


It's an opinion I have. Has had two interrupted preseasons yet never been dropped, despite blocks of poor games


Now that I'm on a PC I should be able to reply without losing everything on submit. :)

My take on this is that, having watched Harry get dropped despite his obvious talent, Silvagni being dropped despite his dad, and Pickett being dropped despite our desperate need for pace and/or small forwards, it stands to reason that no one is receiving any special favours, nor are players necessarily punished for mistakes or rewarded for good moments or stats. What it suggests to me is that players who work hard, take on board the messages from the coaches and look after their bodies are the players who keep their place in the team. I believe SPS must be fulfilling the demands of Bolton and co. to have achieved his 100% selection rate this season. We should be celebrating that, rather than accusing him of complacency/sense of entitlement, or searching for ulterior motives.


Unless you know this as fact, you're just speculating
I'm happy to be on my own here...SPS has not deserved to to have played 2 seasons without being dropped. His output has been mediocre in 70% of his 40 odd games


GreatEx making tonnes of sense to me. :thumbsup:

I'd say SPS has been better than everybody else in the reserves who plays his position in 100% of his 40 odd games.

Name a better Carlton listed player who plays the same position/role in the current Northern Blues team 99prelim? Who should SPS be dropped for?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 14032
Location: North of the border
I think SPS management by the club is one thing they are getting right

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:05 pm
Posts: 4207
Location: St Helens
Looked to me like SPS was playing as a defensive forward on JJ. Was never gonna get the same stats as the previous few weeks in the midfield. Tough gig given the firm Johannison has been in lately.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 5029
I’m still a big fan of SPS and second part of the year I think will really did his development struggled early but improved halfway through season
Played barious roles and that will also help development
Still reckon he has a very high ceiling
Looking forward to further development over pre season and next year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 am 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:39 pm
Posts: 765
I think that SPS is one of those players that see the field and when he gains enough confidence and the coach opens up play more, then he will be one of those players that kick that risky 45 degree kick that opens the play and really gives our forwards a good scoring opportunity.

It looks to me that due to the decimation of our backline that players have been instructed not to move the ball forward until the defensive structures are setup. Problem is that even when we do this we butcher the kick and get opened up just the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 am 
Offline
formerly King Kenny
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 18415
Crippa wrote:
99prelim wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
99prelim wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
[quote="99prelim"]
SPS thinks that belonging is an entitlement


Where do you get that from? Hasn't been dropped, therefore must have a sense of entitlement? Seems a stretch.


It's an opinion I have. Has had two interrupted preseasons yet never been dropped, despite blocks of poor games


Now that I'm on a PC I should be able to reply without losing everything on submit. :)

My take on this is that, having watched Harry get dropped despite his obvious talent, Silvagni being dropped despite his dad, and Pickett being dropped despite our desperate need for pace and/or small forwards, it stands to reason that no one is receiving any special favours, nor are players necessarily punished for mistakes or rewarded for good moments or stats. What it suggests to me is that players who work hard, take on board the messages from the coaches and look after their bodies are the players who keep their place in the team. I believe SPS must be fulfilling the demands of Bolton and co. to have achieved his 100% selection rate this season. We should be celebrating that, rather than accusing him of complacency/sense of entitlement, or searching for ulterior motives.


Unless you know this as fact, you're just speculating
I'm happy to be on my own here...SPS has not deserved to to have played 2 seasons without being dropped. His output has been mediocre in 70% of his 40 odd games


GreatEx making tonnes of sense to me. :thumbsup:

I'd say SPS has been better than everybody else in the reserves who plays his position in 100% of his 40 odd games.

Name a better Carlton listed player who plays the same position/role in the current Northern Blues team 99prelim? Who should SPS be dropped for?[/quote]

Exactly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:29 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:37 pm
Posts: 15649
Location: afl.virtualsports.com.au
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
48s48 seconds ago

AFL Tribunal will sit at 5pm tonight, 21/8.
Jed Lamb contesting his striking charge, against MBontempelli.
All other rd22 sanctions accepted.

_________________
"You are being watched. The government has a secret system. A machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it." - Finch


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group