Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:34 am 
Bruce Doull

Rexy wrote:
Fine is fair enough and if Bont struck him first he should be fined/suspended too.

Lamb fined $2000 for "striking".
Bontompelli nothing.

Christian is a peanut.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Duke wrote:
Massive Qs on Weitering and SPS. They just don't seem to get Bolts' awesome gameplan

Maybe they don't handle pressure well at this early stage in their career.
It sure looks that way to me at times.

I think SPS needs to build his strength to break and make tackles, otherwise he's doing well for a 20yo...imo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueLife wrote:
Not sure how Marchbank can be in the pros column. Fumbled a couple of sitters but worse than that just makes too many poor decisions. I want him to be good, but needs to work on his decision making.

Simmo still in our best couple of players. He is a freak.

Funny how we can see things differently.

I agree Marchy fumbled a few marks early, but he was massive...imo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
That was a game that showed how bad our coaching is. After 3 years our system of moving the ball going forward is the worst I've seen anywhere. Our players have ability for sure but are being let down by that. Other sides go forward with a structure that can often open other sides up, we have no idea. That cost a quite a decent win. Instead another loss to an ordinary side. One of the most frustrating defeats I've come across. Loved the competitiveness but we want more than that after 3 years. Enough is enough!

Bet a decent coach could sort alot of that in a preseason. They love the ability at their disposal.

Are you thinking Ross Lyon? Who?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Lang's a definite need for improvement.

He gets one more year and a preseason to show why he should stay. Otherwise ... he's another headless chook

He's old enough and developed enough to be better.

He has no excuses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Steve_C7 wrote:
jim wrote:
That was a game that showed how bad our coaching is. After 3 years our system of moving the ball going forward is the worst I've seen anywhere. Our players have ability for sure but are being let down by that. Other sides go forward with a structure that can often open other sides up, we have no idea. That cost a quite a decent win. Instead another loss to an ordinary side. One of the most frustrating defeats I've come across. Loved the competitiveness but we want more than that after 3 years. Enough is enough!

Bet a decent coach could sort alot of that in a preseason. They love the ability at their disposal.

Not even half our players have been on the list 3 years ago, and only 12 players yesterday have been on the list back then.

Of those 12 players, 5 have played less than 25 games at the start of the season and have had interrupted seasons and not participated in all training drills.

You are asking an awful lot from a coach that has more players come through the door than any other team, never had his best team play together and has lost experienced players through trade and injuries.

Good explanation of Boltons challenge.

He didn't turn over the list and make all those trades.
He has to work with what he has at hand.

Everything he says makes sense re habits

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
jim wrote:

Not even half our players have been on the list 3 years ago, and only 12 players yesterday have been on the list back then.

Of those 12 players, 5 have played less than 25 games at the start of the season and have had interrupted seasons and not participated in all training drills.

You are asking an awful lot from a coach that has more players come through the door than any other team, never had his best team play together and has lost experienced players through trade and injuries.

We still had a pretty decent side in there, one that is better than 3 wins from 31 games. What you say might be valid if it was year 1 or even 2 but by year 3 we should have an on-field system and structure in place. After 3 years we still have no clue how to move the ball into the F50 hence still kick 7.7. Injuries don't excuse that. Alot of sides with injuries this year who do that well albeit with a bit more depth. That was a few goal win lost because we are so poorly drilled.

After 3 years it's not harsh.

Yes you are harsh with your expectations jim... imo

Outisde a few frustrated Carlton supporters there's no one else who I know, or hear, or see, or read, who thinks we are a better team than what we show, and they give plenty of valid reasons. You just expect them to be better.

Other teams may carry 1-6 players with less than 3 years experience, but they have better players supporting them whilst they learn the ropes.

On recent form or effort I don't think many of our senior players would make many if any of the other 17 teams. They are not helping much. Injuries have hindered our team as they do others, if not moreso, given our profile. Simple.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
No amount of system is going to help if you don’t have strong, experienced midfielders winning the ball in the contests.

We only have one of those.

After we lose the ball in the contests we are chasing and not controlling.

You cant blame the coaches - you can blame the List Management.

well said Agro :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

9 Bontempelli
6 Macrae
6 L Hunter
6 K Simpson
2 Johannisen
1 Crozier