Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:48 am 
Bruce Doull

BTW according to EP on BF we’ll be getting zero Friday night games and 11 Sunday games.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
BTW according to EP on BF we’ll be getting zero Friday night games and 11 Sunday games.

Excellent ! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 am 
Stephen Kernahan

+1

Let's earn our position on marquee timeslots by actually playing footy people want to see. Happy to stay off broadway until then.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:37 am 
Bruce Doull

Heavs wrote:
+1

Let's earn our position on marquee timeslots by actually playing footy people want to see. Happy to stay off broadway until then.

It also keeps Friday nights free for doing anything other than watching the AFL, plus if we get flogged on a Sunday it doesn't put a cloud over the entire weekend :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

We're getting what we deserve.

* on the other hand have had the red carpet rolled out for them after finishing 11th, and not winning a final in 14 years. That irks me more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:55 am 
Bruce Doull

On the bright side, if the dopers crash and burn it'll be on primetime TV.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:58 am 
Rod Ashman

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

* on the other hand have had the red carpet rolled out for them after finishing 11th, and not winning a final in 14 years. That irks me more.

That is what is disappointing, we don’t deserve prime time games but neither do Essendon*. After we beat them during the year, there were questions being raised about them. All of a sudden they are the it team.

I too hope they crash and burn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:06 am 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1057800209474891781

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:13 am 
Rod Ashman

How about 22 games played at 2:10 on a Saturday afternoon?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 am 
Stephen Silvagni

MCG - 7 games

Marvel - 8 games

Adelaide Oval - 1 game
Gold Coast
Tasmania
Sydney Showgrounds
SCG
Perth
Geelong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:20 am 
Rod Ashman

7 MCG games
8 Marvel Stadium games
6 Interstate and a Geelong game

2 Saturday night games

Don't like it at all.

Deserved or not we were shafted.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:23 am 
Bruce Doull

Jez1966 wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

That is what is disappointing, we don’t deserve prime time games but neither do Essendon**. After we beat them during the year, there were questions being raised about them. All of a sudden they are the it team.

I too hope they crash and burn.

They're also drug cheats who put a permanent stain on the sport.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:24 am 
Stephen Silvagni

2 night games

8 twilight games

11 day games

Geelong game time TBC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Financially a disaster.
Hopefully, it's better next year.

The club need to focus on the positive. Family friendly fixture, only 2 night games.
Gets the kids back at the footy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:26 am 
Rod Ashman

It helps to ensure it’s hard to attract the big name recruits each year.

Instead of providing balanced opportunities for each club they smash your brand.

Haven’t bothered to look but I’ll bet the 2 Saturday night games would be against teams that’ll be expected to beat us?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 am 
Bruce Doull

DesEnglish wrote:
Haven’t bothered to look but I’ll bet the 2 Saturday night games would be against teams that’ll be expected to beat us?

So, any of about 17 clubs :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am 
Stephen Silvagni

15 games on our home grounds. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:32 am 
Rod Ashman

Sorry amend that

I Thursday night
1 Saturday night

Still crappy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:32 am 
Bruce Doull

Our treatment by the AFL and da meedya pisses me off to no end, but I echo the sentiment that it's up to the whole club to make itself impossible to ignore.

- Team needs to start winning games, or at least being competitive every week.
- Supporters need to show up, regardless of who we're playing or where. Richmond would still get 50-60k during their dark recent years, meanwhile we get 27,000 for Simmo's 300th, and get outnumbered by @#$%&! Eagles supporters at the MCG. Get off your @#$%&! couch's, out of the pubs, and to the games. No atmosphere = no coverage, not to mention the effect empty stadiums has on a young group.
- People at home need to watch our games, and ignore all others. Skew the ratings as much you can.

We'll never get the free ride * does, no matter what we do. But let's look at Collingwood and Richmond, who galvanised their organisations, teams and supporter bases to make themselves stand out from the pack like dog's balls. No reason we can't achieve the same goal.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:36 am 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:
Our treatment by the AFL and da meedya pisses me off to no end, but I echo the sentiment that it's up to the whole club to make itself impossible to ignore.

- Team needs to start winning games, or at least being competitive every week.
- Supporters need to show up, regardless of who we're playing or where. Richmond would still get 50-60k during their dark recent years, meanwhile we get 27,000 for Simmo's 300th, and get outnumbered by @#$%&! Eagles supporters at the MCG. Get off your @#$%&! couch's, out of the pubs, and to the games. No atmosphere = no coverage, not to mention the effect empty stadiums has on a young group.
- People at home need to watch our games, and ignore all others. Skew the ratings as much you can.

We'll never get the free ride * does, no matter what we do. But let's look at Collingwood and Richmond, who galvanised their organisations, teams and supporter bases to make themselves stand out from the pack like dog's balls. No reason we can't achieve the same goal.

To make ourselves impossible to ignore we should pass on pick 1. It’d turn their night into a shitstoem and we’d probably get international coverage :razz:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next