Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:27 am 
Harry Vallence

Nick wrote:
Well then don't say anything at all.

Did every club's CEO come out and released a press release on the fixture?

Did Gold Coast come out and say how thankful they were for AFL's assistance with priority access to state league players?

In a year where our on field performance was diabolical, we need to sell the message of hope and positivity, this is the time of year to do that. The press release is a way to open communication and the media will have the conversation with the club and this give us the opportunity to continue the message of optimism from trades, draftee and off-field appointments.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:37 am 
Bruce Doull

Nick wrote:

Did Gold Coast come out and say how thankful they were for AFL's assistance with priority access to state league players?

Because then we'd complain about why we're not saying anything.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:40 am 
Rod Ashman

Nick wrote:

St Kilda CEO stated they don't deserve prime time games and will let their footy do the talking. Also thanked the AFL for the draw.

Of course Essendon* came out thanking the AFL but weren't happy they are not playing more Vic teams at the MCG (they are never happy).

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/clubs ... 1b6029bba5

Quote:
Essendon*, another Victorian club with a big supporter base, will have four Friday night games and two on Thursday night.

The Bombers dropped out of the top eight this season after a disastrous 2-6 start and their 14-year drought without a finals win is the longest in the AFL.

But they finished the season strongly and the recruiting of GWS star Dylan Shiel has further raised expectations that they will be next year’s bolter.

Essendon*’s great hope.
Essendon*’s great hope.Source:News Corp Australia

Despite their regular prime time appearances, Essendon* chief executive Xavier Campbell took a stab at league officials for Essendon*’s home games against fellow-Melbourne clubs who finished outside the top eight last season.

“At the biggest venue in Melbourne with a capacity of 100,000, we feel it may have been a missed opportunity to not showcase a traditional Victorian based rivalry in two of our four home games scheduled at the MCG,” Campbell said.

‘However, we do thank the league for their willingness to work with the Clubs to ensure a relatively balanced fixture.”

Hawthorn boss Justin Reeves also criticised his team’s draw, claiming his club didn’t receive any of its fixture requests.

“We understand the fixture process is a challenging one for the league, however it is disappointing we did not receive any of the priority fixture requests we submitted to the AFL and that we have again been fixtured a home game at Marvel Stadium,” Reeves said.

“On a positive note, we are pleased our members will be able to enjoy some terrific home games at the MCG, with big match-ups against the Cats on Easter Monday, Collingwood on a Friday night and reigning Premiers West Coast.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The bigger they pump them up the louder they burst.

I hope the Bombers get smashed in their primetime slots.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:21 am 
Serge Silvagni

CarltonClem wrote:

And we smash them* in their non-primetime slot

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:36 am 
Stephen Silvagni

whingers , all of you , ALL OF YOU ! :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:52 am 
Rod Ashman

CarltonClem wrote:

Unfortunately they won't...and if they do they will be brave.

I have moved on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

This is how you do it.......

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/f ... ss-kennett

He demands the AFL listen ...... Bravo!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

Big difference there is Hawthorn have the runs on the board where they can make demands and be taken somewhat seriously.

Us making statements like that would be met with nothing but laughter and copping an even worse deal.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

We have a lot of traditional Saturday arvos and Sunday arvos as well
Time for people to start taking their kids to the footy again.

In years to come we may thank the AFL for introducing a generation of young supporters to Carlton.
We got what we got. Now we have to win games and shut the rest up. It's the only way.

From my selfish perspective, it means I have lots of games starting before midnight so I don't have to sleep till 4:00 a.m. and then get up again.
Thanks AFL.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I think for true family friendly, the games need to start at 1.10 or 2.10pm at the latest. Starting at 3.00pm- not so much. Unless you get a meal on the way home maybe... one less thing to organise. Not a great time with young kids.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:13 am 
Harry Vallence

I'd like to see a bit more clarity provided in the way game timeslots are allocated.

i.e. Good Friday requires X amount of club members per club, minimum of a certain amount of wins the year before, and perhaps even a financial assurance of a minimum crowd of 45000, anything less and the clubs foot a bill.

Or even provisions requiring certain upkeep to ensure the big games are kept (i.e Essendon*/Collingwood can't lose 20% of their membership figures since the date the rules come into play, must have played finals each a certain amount of times, and no more than one wooden spoon in the previous five years)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
I'd like to see a bit more clarity provided in the way game timeslots are allocated.

i.e. Good Friday requires X amount of club members per club, minimum of a certain amount of wins the year before, and perhaps even a financial assurance of a minimum crowd of 45000, anything less and the clubs foot a bill.

Or even provisions requiring certain upkeep to ensure the big games are kept (i.e Essendon**/Collingwood can't lose 20% of their membership figures since the date the rules come into play, must have played finals each a certain amount of times, and no more than one wooden spoon in the previous five years)

Fantastic post.

Makes so much sense and it keeps the AFL honest, and playing by the 'known' rules: even playing field.

Terrible situation we can't trust the Commissioners. Absurd.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Or even provisions requiring certain upkeep to ensure the big games are kept (i.e Essendon***/Collingwood can't lose 20% of their membership figures since the date the rules come into play, must have played finals each a certain amount of times, and no more than one wooden spoon in the previous five years)

Fantastic post.

Makes so much sense and it keeps the AFL honest, and playing by the 'known' rules: even playing field.

Terrible situation we can't trust the Commissioners. Absurd.

Asking the AFL for clarity?

Not sure if serious.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:53 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Jetstar sale on flights to Tassie. Travel dates:

5 Mar - 3 Apr
& 30 Apr - 19 Jun

Carlton play Hawthorn in Launceston on 28 April. :mad:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

verbs wrote:

5 Mar - 3 Apr
& 30 Apr - 19 Jun

That's school holidays for ya!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluedog wrote:
verbs wrote:

5 Mar - 3 Apr
& 30 Apr - 19 Jun

That's school holidays for ya!!

I have booked flights and accommodation for the Gold Coast game already. They are in the middle of the Victorian school holidays so I figured any sales will exclude this date.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am 
Bruce Doull

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=6950&f ... C_437mJ8nI

Quote:
LOCK it in!

The double-header will return in 2019, with the Northern Blues to play three curtain raisers prior to Carlton games this season.

As confirmed by AFL Victoria today, Northern’s Round 8, 18 and 19 games will take place immediately before Carlton matches in great news for Blues fans.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:56 am 
Geoff Southby

First of all the draw is a joke
Every team playing 5 teams twice is farcical
Playing every team once then having a bye followed by the comp split into 3 leagues of 6 teams
Is a no brainer to me

As for the draw in general it’s all based on tv and live stream viewing
And if u have been shit in the past as we have been you get the
rough end of the pineapple

The game has changed so much
Playing a Sunday game at 1.10 pm ain’t ideal but the AFL couch potato can therefore
Get there 3 game back to back fix

Living over in the west these days it’s hard to get around watching
Your beloved team at 11.10 in the morning

Eventually I can see fox taking over the sole rights of the coverage
Expect more games midweek down the track and then the AFL taking over the rights solely themselves
Which is happening in sports like golf now
It’s all about the folded stuff these days

Fact is folks the AFL don’t give a @#$%&! about family friendly time for footy
Viewing
It’s all about TV and live stream viewing so the viewer can watch any of the nine games and they don’t overlap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 am 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:
First of all the draw is a joke
Every team playing 5 teams twice is farcical
Playing every team once then having a bye followed by the comp split into 3 leagues of 6 teams
Is a no brainer to me

As for the draw in general it’s all based on tv and live stream viewing
And if u have been shit in the past as we have been you get the
rough end of the pineapple

The game has changed so much
Playing a Sunday game at 1.10 pm ain’t ideal but the AFL couch potato can therefore
Get there 3 game back to back fix

Living over in the west these days it’s hard to get around watching
Your beloved team at 11.10 in the morning

Eventually I can see fox taking over the sole rights of the coverage
Expect more games midweek down the track and then the AFL taking over the rights solely themselves
Which is happening in sports like golf now
It’s all about the folded stuff these days

Fact is folks the AFL don’t give a @#$%&! about family friendly time for footy
Viewing
It’s all about TV and live stream viewing so the viewer can watch any of the nine games and they don’t overlap

Luxury

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next