Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
I hate to be a stickler for details but it is mathematically impossible to have either 22 v 16 or 22 v 17 when there were only 4 injuries to GWS.

It's either 18 v 16 or 18 v 17 or 22 v 18.

There is clearly some over exaggeration going on in this thread to sell a point.


Last edited by Sidefx on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 24486
Location: Half back flank
I'm just disappointed GWS got injuries

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
'Twas a bad result for Collingwood, so that's good.

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline
Serge Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 10:49 am
Posts: 918
Dominator_7 wrote:
We need help



Yes and quickly too. PP prior 1st round and 2nd round if the AFL is serious. Help out the Suns too their just as woeful.

_________________
Go Blue Boys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:57 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 24486
Location: Half back flank
bluedog wrote:



Greene shoots.




:clap:

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:00 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
The best thing about the result today for both us and GC is that the AFL really needs to step in to help GC. But unfortunately for them they can not be seen only helping GC they will have to help us also. I hope Lynch walks for a million plus contract and we both get a PP after our first pick.

Forget trading these picks and get Rankine and Walsh with Picks 1 and 2 then try and trade our 2 2nd rounders for another top 20 pick and get another top midfielder.

If needed trade our 1st rounder next year for a 23-25 upcoming midfielder to run with Crippa and then fingers crossed we have less injuries next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:20 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:51 am
Posts: 2689
Location: lygon street
Sidefx wrote:
I hate to be a stickler for details but it is mathematically impossible to have either 22 v 16 or 22 v 17 when there were only 4 injuries to GWS.

It's either 18 v 16 or 18 v 17 or 22 v 18.

There is clearly some over exaggeration going on in this thread to sell a point.


It is true... just ask Derrrwayne Russell. He trotted out that line at least half a dozen times along with the giants are being cruel to be kind whatever the flower that's supposed to mean

_________________
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:21 pm
Posts: 5652
Donstuie wrote:
To those bagging the injuries excuse, while I don’t blame it for what transpired (it was all upstairs) you can’t not see how it contributed.

Because of injuries
- Graham, O’Shea, Rowe, Thomas, Wright, Lobbe (who in fairness hasn’t been too bad) are in our 22
- Our recent recruits in Kennedy, Lang, Marchbank and Pickett look severely underdone
- Our captain can barely lay a tackle
- Our best player has to rely on kids or senior players who are underdone or have with serious deficiencies for support in the middle
- We have no @#$%&! defence left!

These factors didn’t cause what we saw, but they sure as shit didn’t help.
After last year it's an excuse going from 8-9 wind down to 5 and showing some competitiveness. That I'd accept. Not an excuse for total embarrassment and 2 wins.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
The_Cranium wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
I hate to be a stickler for details but it is mathematically impossible to have either 22 v 16 or 22 v 17 when there were only 4 injuries to GWS.

It's either 18 v 16 or 18 v 17 or 22 v 18.

There is clearly some over exaggeration going on in this thread to sell a point.


It is true... just ask Derrrwayne Russell. He trotted out that line at least half a dozen times along with the giants are being cruel to be kind whatever the flower that's supposed to mean


:lol:

Like they say in the media, don't let the truth get in the road of a good story.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:21 pm
Posts: 5652
Paddycripps wrote:
That last quarter was unacceptable. Fancy having more players and still getting belted.

Agree AFL need to give GC and CFC early PPicks. The good teams get quality FAs, the lowly sides need something. I don't understand how the AFL are allowed to get away with the current FA set up. It simply doesn't work. This is supposed to be a professional competition and business. Lowly clubs should look at legal avenues as the FA set up is as crooked as it gets.


Legal avenues are no good. The Draft isn't even legal by the law of the land, ie Restraint of Trade. All already tried and tested in Court.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:22 pm 
Offline
Serge Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 10:49 am
Posts: 918
Blues and Suns are a mess, Gillon McLachlan just can't escape the nightmare.
The AFL will have to make a move the disparity between bottom 2 and the remainder of the competition is ridiculous.

_________________
Go Blue Boys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:52 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 10847
jim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
That last quarter was unacceptable. Fancy having more players and still getting belted.

Agree AFL need to give GC and CFC early PPicks. The good teams get quality FAs, the lowly sides need something. I don't understand how the AFL are allowed to get away with the current FA set up. It simply doesn't work. This is supposed to be a professional competition and business. Lowly clubs should look at legal avenues as the FA set up is as crooked as it gets.


Legal avenues are no good. The Draft isn't even legal by the law of the land, ie Restraint of Trade. All already tried and tested in Court.
When did that happen?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

_________________
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!!!

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:15 am 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:21 am
Posts: 13
moshe25 wrote:
jim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
That last quarter was unacceptable. Fancy having more players and still getting belted.

Agree AFL need to give GC and CFC early PPicks. The good teams get quality FAs, the lowly sides need something. I don't understand how the AFL are allowed to get away with the current FA set up. It simply doesn't work. This is supposed to be a professional competition and business. Lowly clubs should look at legal avenues as the FA set up is as crooked as it gets.


Legal avenues are no good. The Draft isn't even legal by the law of the land, ie Restraint of Trade. All already tried and tested in Court.
When did that happen?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Happened in the NRL 1991 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hill)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:20 am 
Offline
formerly BlueRob
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:45 pm
Posts: 2677
Good to hear in the Bolton press conference that the focus of recruitment would be mid-fielders.

Hopefully this means we don't pick another tall forward. Harry is starting to really show something. Charlie will be elite. Kerr is the leading forward type. Levi is the bash and crash if we need him.

Looks like no Lukosius (thankfully). Rankine or Walsh more likely.

Cons:

1. O'Shea ... never to play AFL again. Good VFL player.
2. Polson ... 7 possessions ... a couple of good tackles ... 1 extremely good pass ... multiple stuff ups.
3. Graham ... another really really good VFL player. Not sure whether he will or should make the cut next year. Yesterday he was disappointing.

Pros:

1. Harry
2. SPS

_________________
'How I learnt to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb' ... Dr Strangelove (A.K.A Darth Vader ... A.K.A Tricky Micky Super Duper Coach ... A.K.A THE MADHOUSE).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline
formerly King Kenny
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 18415
I’m interested in views about the last quarter fade out. In my opinion we are nowhere near AFL fitness, so against even 16 GWS players, we literally had 12 who could compete in that last quarter, maybe less.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:36 am
Posts: 5888
The_Cranium wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
I hate to be a stickler for details but it is mathematically impossible to have either 22 v 16 or 22 v 17 when there were only 4 injuries to GWS.

It's either 18 v 16 or 18 v 17 or 22 v 18.

There is clearly some over exaggeration going on in this thread to sell a point.


It is true... just ask Derrrwayne Russell. He trotted out that line at least half a dozen times along with the giants are being cruel to be kind whatever the flower that's supposed to mean


Well, at least that's another huge positive in going to the game yesterday. I've been spared the smug crapola from Dwayne. :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 am 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:42 pm
Posts: 3693
The Normal One wrote:
I’m interested in views about the last quarter fade out. In my opinion we are nowhere near AFL fitness, so against even 16 GWS players, we literally had 12 who could compete in that last quarter, maybe less.



i think it's between the ears ... we have plenty of fitness to run out games. last week, Richmond, pies, Essendon*, port & swans this year we ran until the final whistle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:42 pm
Posts: 3693
Blue Vain wrote:

Yep, from memory he had 11 score involvements at half time from 18 scoring shots. I watched him a fair bit today. He runs harder, smarter and further than anyone. Forget Dustin Martin, this guy is easily the best player in the game IMHO.



Kelly is good, Dusty is still better.

against the cats he was awesome. he was at times taking three Cats midfielders out of play which frees up all kinds of time and space for the guys around him. he man handled that Cats midfield ... but a lot of that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

dusty pulled their whole midfield structure out of place ... and the bit i liked about it, he did it with brute strength and force. a lot like what cripps can and will do once he gets some quality in the middle around him.

tbh, Kelly would be the perfect running mate for a guy like cripps or dusty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline
formerly King Kenny
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 18415
Braithy wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
I’m interested in views about the last quarter fade out. In my opinion we are nowhere near AFL fitness, so against even 16 GWS players, we literally had 12 who could compete in that last quarter, maybe less.



i think it's between the ears ... we have plenty of fitness to run out games. last week, Richmond, pies, Essendon**, port & swans this year we ran until the final whistle.


We didn’t party on the Gold Coast for half a week before those ones :-)

FYI, I had no issue with doing that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:39 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 pm
Posts: 2371
The Normal One wrote:
I’m interested in views about the last quarter fade out. In my opinion we are nowhere near AFL fitness, so against even 16 GWS players, we literally had 12 who could compete in that last quarter, maybe less.


We are cooked. pure and simple.

_________________
If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group