Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm just watching the game again and looking at Stuart Dew. Do they call him 'Mountain'? They should, he's @#$%&! huge!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

The Duke wrote:
I'm just watching the game again and looking at Stuart Dew. Do they call him 'Mountain'? They should, he's @#$%&! huge!

kezza wrote:
We walked across the ground and it was very wet, the night was perfect but it seemed to have a heavy dew on it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
The Duke wrote:

kezza wrote:
We walked across the ground and it was very wet, the night was perfect but it seemed to have a heavy dew on it.

:clap: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:31 pm 
Robert Walls

Great to come home to a win. The middle of Borneo has been the best place to be football wise for the last 8 weeks. Going to watch the replay and enjoy. Can also look forward to this week... before reality sets in game day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
CK95 wrote:
The Duke wrote:

kezza wrote:

:clap: :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just watched this game again. Obviously I knew we won, but I'd forgotten how special that 3rd quarter was (even if the opposition weren't very strong). :thanks: It's been a while since a Carlton performance has got me that excited. But what a snapshot of what the future could hold. Some absolute magic from SPS, Dow, Harry, Lang and Charlie. :thumbsup:

So ... do yourself a favour ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I watched it a couple of weeks ago.
There was a time there where the newbies were the difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I just watched the Gold Coast game at Metricon.

The GC just came off their club's biggest ever win and it was against Sydney at the SCG.
They didn't seem much chop after the 1st quarter. We closed them down after 1/4 time with a man on man battle, instead of the zone defence which got the kids exposed a bit....a lot.
...but all the kids did really well and showed the signs they have shown all year. SPS and Dow were exceptional and LOB covered a lot of ground.
We had a lot of injuries too. Fisher was missing with his broken leg.

Lang played his best game too. Lang showed great signs and some toe. Impressive speed.

20yo Silvagni played a really hard physical game. Geez he's smart and gets the ball in close with pure smarts.
With his improved fitness this preseason, I have him in the middle with Cripps and SPS to start proceedings for our 2019 campaign.
SPS or Fisher in the opening bounce will do me just fine.

I have high hopes for Jack this year. He has been outstanding the 2 training sessions I went to.

Come on Blues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
I have high hopes for Jack this year. He has been outstanding the 2 training sessions I went to.

Come on Blues.

I hope so Bondi.
I watched Jack play midfield in the VFL last year and his effort was excellent but his midfield craft was below par. He was consistently second to the ball which showed he couldn't read the ball as well as the other midfielders. His tackle stats were great but that's only because he consistently trailed to the ball.
I think he has the ability to step up as a midfielder but we may need to be patient.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Come on Blues.

I hope so Bondi.
I watched Jack play midfield in the VFL last year and his effort was excellent but his midfield craft was below par. He was consistently second to the ball which showed he couldn't read the ball as well as the other midfielders. His tackle stats were great but that's only because he consistently trailed to the ball.
I think he has the ability to step up as a midfielder but we may need to be patient.

Me too.
He has to find something apart from third tall forward or back.
I obviously haven't seen any training sessions but in the photos, he looks to have put on upper body strength.
Big year for him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Come on Blues.

I hope so Bondi.

Me too.
He has to find something apart from third tall forward or back.
I obviously haven't seen any training sessions but in the photos, he looks to have put on upper body strength.
Big year for him.

He also seems to be in the top 5-6 runners this preseason :eek:
That snuck up on everyone.

I'm hearing you BV.

He can run, has footy smarts, and has developed a lot of upper body strength over this preseason, with 50 days to go before round 1.
He seems to find space to get on his own, using his footy smarts.

Now, with that added strength and stamina he needs to get first to the contested ball, and then he's a bonafide big bodied inside mid.
Maybe a few sessions with his dad's old premiership mate Diesel Williams can help out. Diesel? Come on down!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9