Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 26219
Location: The Brown Wedge
I'm just watching the game again and looking at Stuart Dew. Do they call him 'Mountain'? They should, he's @#$%&! huge!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 24745
Location: Half back flank
The Duke wrote:
I'm just watching the game again and looking at Stuart Dew. Do they call him 'Mountain'? They should, he's @#$%&! huge!



kezza wrote:
We walked across the ground and it was very wet, the night was perfect but it seemed to have a heavy dew on it.

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:17 am
Posts: 28288
CK95 wrote:
The Duke wrote:
I'm just watching the game again and looking at Stuart Dew. Do they call him 'Mountain'? They should, he's @#$%&! huge!



kezza wrote:
We walked across the ground and it was very wet, the night was perfect but it seemed to have a heavy dew on it.


:clap: :lol:

_________________
"One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds." - Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 2297
Great to come home to a win. The middle of Borneo has been the best place to be football wise for the last 8 weeks. Going to watch the replay and enjoy. Can also look forward to this week... before reality sets in game day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 21139
Wojee wrote:
CK95 wrote:
The Duke wrote:
I'm just watching the game again and looking at Stuart Dew. Do they call him 'Mountain'? They should, he's @#$%&! huge!



kezza wrote:
We walked across the ground and it was very wet, the night was perfect but it seemed to have a heavy dew on it.


:clap: :lol:


:lol:

_________________
'not. f#*ing. blue. enough!'
Steve Jobs, screaming into his car phone, pre imac launch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:48 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:36 am
Posts: 6012
Just watched this game again. Obviously I knew we won, but I'd forgotten how special that 3rd quarter was (even if the opposition weren't very strong). :thanks: It's been a while since a Carlton performance has got me that excited. But what a snapshot of what the future could hold. Some absolute magic from SPS, Dow, Harry, Lang and Charlie. :thumbsup:

So ... do yourself a favour ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:15 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am
Posts: 16989
Location: Progreso, Yucatan, MEXICO
I watched it a couple of weeks ago.
There was a time there where the newbies were the difference.

_________________
Let slip the Blues of war (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (and Sir Francis Bacon, just in case)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:40 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 11495
Location: Bondi Beach
I just watched the Gold Coast game at Metricon.

The GC just came off their club's biggest ever win and it was against Sydney at the SCG.
They didn't seem much chop after the 1st quarter. We closed them down after 1/4 time with a man on man battle, instead of the zone defence which got the kids exposed a bit....a lot.
...but all the kids did really well and showed the signs they have shown all year. SPS and Dow were exceptional and LOB covered a lot of ground.
We had a lot of injuries too. Fisher was missing with his broken leg.

Lang played his best game too. Lang showed great signs and some toe. Impressive speed.

20yo Silvagni played a really hard physical game. Geez he's smart and gets the ball in close with pure smarts.
With his improved fitness this preseason, I have him in the middle with Cripps and SPS to start proceedings for our 2019 campaign.
SPS or Fisher in the opening bounce will do me just fine.

I have high hopes for Jack this year. He has been outstanding the 2 training sessions I went to.

Come on Blues.

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:35 pm 
Online
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 13360
bondiblue wrote:
I have high hopes for Jack this year. He has been outstanding the 2 training sessions I went to.

Come on Blues.


I hope so Bondi.
I watched Jack play midfield in the VFL last year and his effort was excellent but his midfield craft was below par. He was consistently second to the ball which showed he couldn't read the ball as well as the other midfielders. His tackle stats were great but that's only because he consistently trailed to the ball.
I think he has the ability to step up as a midfielder but we may need to be patient.

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:02 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am
Posts: 16989
Location: Progreso, Yucatan, MEXICO
Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I have high hopes for Jack this year. He has been outstanding the 2 training sessions I went to.

Come on Blues.


I hope so Bondi.
I watched Jack play midfield in the VFL last year and his effort was excellent but his midfield craft was below par. He was consistently second to the ball which showed he couldn't read the ball as well as the other midfielders. His tackle stats were great but that's only because he consistently trailed to the ball.
I think he has the ability to step up as a midfielder but we may need to be patient.

Me too.
He has to find something apart from third tall forward or back.
I obviously haven't seen any training sessions but in the photos, he looks to have put on upper body strength.
Big year for him.

_________________
Let slip the Blues of war (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (and Sir Francis Bacon, just in case)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:51 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 11495
Location: Bondi Beach
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I have high hopes for Jack this year. He has been outstanding the 2 training sessions I went to.

Come on Blues.


I hope so Bondi.
I watched Jack play midfield in the VFL last year and his effort was excellent but his midfield craft was below par. He was consistently second to the ball which showed he couldn't read the ball as well as the other midfielders. His tackle stats were great but that's only because he consistently trailed to the ball.
I think he has the ability to step up as a midfielder but we may need to be patient.

Me too.
He has to find something apart from third tall forward or back.
I obviously haven't seen any training sessions but in the photos, he looks to have put on upper body strength.
Big year for him.


He also seems to be in the top 5-6 runners this preseason :eek:
That snuck up on everyone.

I'm hearing you BV.

He can run, has footy smarts, and has developed a lot of upper body strength over this preseason, with 50 days to go before round 1.
He seems to find space to get on his own, using his footy smarts.

Now, with that added strength and stamina he needs to get first to the contested ball, and then he's a bonafide big bodied inside mid.
Maybe a few sessions with his dad's old premiership mate Diesel Williams can help out. Diesel? Come on down!

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bernard Myers, BigKev, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Nick, Waterman and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group