Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Boys wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Aren’t we all forgetting how Carlton trialled the centre square in a game for premiership points in the 60’s (I think)?

How is this any different?

The game was barely professional 50 years ago, it’s very much a different competition today than what it was in the 60’s.

Plenty of money going around in the latter 60's.

Depends on your definition of professional.

Fevola was professional, wasn't he?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:11 pm 
formerly King Kenny

The AFL should just look at Carlton for an answer. The reverse zone, where you guard space and not much else. Scores are above industry average in our games.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

:grin:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Seems Gill done a backflip on this
I just heard the most sensible thing yet
There are 10 teams not going to play finals this year there is a bye before the finals get these 10 teams to trial rules in the bye week

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:15 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Sydney Blue wrote:
Seems Gill done a backflip on this
I just heard the most sensible thing yet
There are 10 teams not going to play finals this year there is a bye before the finals get these 10 teams to trial rules in the bye week

Half pissed should be fun, in Vegas!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
I've seen too many games where there is a total of less than 10 goals between 2 teams at half time. The game has become too compressed and defensive. IMHO, the coaches are destroying the spectacle.
I'm a huge footy fan but this year I've turned over numerous games to watch the NRL or just turned it off. The game is becoming almost unwatchable IMHO.
I'm all for change.

Too right, had to laugh when those maggot coaches like Hardwick piped up about the anti-congestion rules. Hey f###heads if you weren't so defensive and turned the game into something resembling under 10s football; we wouldn't have to do anything. This code is a festival of stupidity and cheating.

But really they could solve this so easily it does my head in. One weekend. Just instruct the umpires to hold the ball at a stoppage not bounce it until players return to position; say to them we can wait all f##### day if we have to. These arsehole coaches would soon get the message... I bet it would stop there and then within 3 stoppages... the problem is the lack of will to do this. Now I know those prancing yellow clowns are hopeless at the best of times; but even they should be able to manage this task.

Once they fix that they can then solve the chronic staging, by using the rule that was especially bought in just for that, which they never used lol. F#### toothless tigers.
Seeing as how the media are mostly whores to AFL HQ why not use these virtue-less Hyenas for something productive for once; demonize the players in the media for the weak cheating staging pricks that they are.
Because these peanuts we have officiating simply cannot resist putting the whistle straight to their mouths every time someone falls over or ducks into a tackle.

The tail wags the dog in this sport...and the head has advanced syphilis.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I've seen too many games where there is a total of less than 10 goals between 2 teams at half time. The game has become too compressed and defensive. IMHO, the coaches are destroying the spectacle.
I'm a huge footy fan but this year I've turned over numerous games to watch the NRL or just turned it off. The game is becoming almost unwatchable IMHO.
I'm all for change.

Too right, had to laugh when those maggot coaches like Hardwick piped up about the anti-congestion rules. Hey f###heads if you weren't so defensive and turned the game into something resembling under 10s football; we wouldn't have to do anything. This code is a festival of stupidity and cheating.

But really they could solve this so easily it does my head in. One weekend. Just instruct the umpires to hold the ball at a stoppage not bounce it until players return to position; say to them we can wait all f##### day if we have to. These arsehole coaches would soon get the message... I bet it would stop there and then within 3 stoppages... the problem is the lack of will to do this. Now I know those prancing yellow clowns are hopeless at the best of times; but even they should be able to manage this task.

Once they fix that they can then solve the chronic staging, by using the rule that was especially bought in just for that, which they never used lol. F#### toothless tigers.
Seeing as how the media are mostly whores to AFL HQ why not use these virtue-less Hyenas for something productive for once; demonize the players in the media for the weak cheating staging pricks that they are.
Because these peanuts we have officiating simply cannot resist putting the whistle straight to their mouths every time someone falls over or ducks into a tackle.

The tail wags the dog in this sport...and the head has advanced syphilis.

Nice one smithy.

I thought I was reading .. my mind.

Umpires are not applying the rules. Simples.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:44 am 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Boys wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Aren’t we all forgetting how Carlton trialled the centre square in a game for premiership points in the 60’s (I think)?

The game was barely professional 50 years ago, it’s very much a different competition today than what it was in the 60’s.

I’m not really aware of this “professional” competition you’re talking about...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

sinbagger wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

I’m not really aware of this “professional” competition you’re talking about...

I hear what you’re saying, they make up rules on the run and it’s played in only one country in the world. But it’s a a big industry worth a lot of dollars.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1050232895653208064

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:04 pm 
Robert Walls

no "hands in the back" rule.

Good time to have strong KPF's :thumbsup:

Also basically rather than tweaking the goalsquare they have made it irrelevant.

Last edited by bluebo baggers on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Runners not being allowed to roam around the field for minutes on end is the best rule change.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

On the surface of it they have done a pretty good job
Hands in the back be difficult to police - We can thank Rance and his diving for that change

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

The cOmmission seems to have failed to highlight the 2 most important items:

1. Preserve the spirit of the game.
2. Pay free kicks

Both of the above mentioned already address the problem of congestion.

The cOmmission wants to be seen doing something to improve the game, by righting the wrongs of previous cOmmissions.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:54 am 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
On the surface of it they have done a pretty good job
Hands in the back be difficult to police - We can thank Rance and his diving for that change

Will it actually encourage diving? A hand in the back was an automatic free, now a hand in the back is only a free if you're "pushed".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 am 
John Nicholls

Players will be coached to push, but avoid fully extending their arms and locking their elbows while doing so.

So "pushed" will be open to umpire interpretation...

No hands on back is far simpler (though players used their forearms...)