Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

verbs wrote:
The trip will be considered accidental and should have been a free kick.

Not only was it blatantly deliberate in that he put out his foot in a kicking motion to trip/ stop Fisher, the umpire called play on.

Surely some of the curent anti Carlton umps are due to retire and be replaced by umpires who have only known Carlton to be copping from umpires, similarly to the ump who was going to give Diesel votes for his last round 45 possession game in 1993, when the anti Carlton/ Diesel umire told him not to.

I wonder what the AFL did about that admission? Nothing. So do something NOW!

The game has gone to shite because umps are so inconsistent with dropping the ball/ incorrect disposal, high tackles, tripping... :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I felt so sad for the Blueboys on Saturday.

Within the first 10 minutes I knew the umps were not going to be kind to Carlton.

As if the kids were a threat. FMD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
The blame lies with board
And appointing SOS
We have so many below average players

Even Kennedy who probably had his best game
So dickens slow

March bank can’t kick
Pickett simply too soft

Kind of feel sorry for Bolts

He ain’t the problem

I just think we have too many average players

Hawthorn are an ordinary side that made us look second rate

No excuses
The club needs a complete sweep clean asap

Great. Just what we need; to start another 10 year rebuild, not only of the playing list but also the club. maybe you can nominate yourself to run the club and when things don't go exactly according to plan, you can feel good by sacking yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

verbs wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
verbs wrote:

For holding the ball?

Are you serious??

Incorrect disposal.

Right you are. Just had a look and Fisher's probably lucky not to have been reports for kicking him in the arm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

carntheblues wrote:
keogh wrote:
And appointing SOS

So dickens slow

March bank can’t kick
Pickett simply too soft

He ain’t the problem

No excuses

Great. Just what we need; to start another 10 year rebuild, not only of the playing list but also the club. maybe you can nominate yourself to run the club and when things don't go exactly according to plan, you can feel good by sacking yourself.

Couldn’t handle those stimulating meetings mate
Had enough of those in my teaching career

Actually I did sack myself there

Anyway where [REDACTED] with SOS
He has no idea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
And appointing SOS

So dickens slow

March bank can’t kick
Pickett simply too soft

He ain’t the problem

No excuses

It has been in that process for nearly 3 years.

Where have you been.

What you're experiencing is the cost of that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
keogh wrote:
And appointing SOS

So dickens slow

March bank can’t kick
Pickett simply too soft

He ain’t the problem

No excuses

Couldn’t handle those stimulating meetings mate
Had enough of those in my teaching career

Actually I did sack myself there

Anyway where [REDACTED] with SOS
He has no idea

Well you obviously didn't teach English.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
4s4 seconds ago

Jake Barrett can accept $2000 sanction, rough conduct on RLaird.

Daniel Howe can accept 2 games, striking PCripps.

Daniel Howe referred directly to Tribunal for tripping ZFisher. No early plea available on this charge. Severe impact.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
And appointing SOS

So dickens slow

March bank can’t kick
Pickett simply too soft

He ain’t the problem

No excuses

It has been in that process for nearly 3 years.

Where have you been.

What you're experiencing is the cost of that.

Don’t be ridiculous Bondi we want one of those rebuilds where you win a flag within three years just like...um...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
4s4 seconds ago

Daniel Howe referred directly to Tribunal for tripping ZFisher. No early plea available on this charge. Severe impact.

Good. Hope he misses the rest of the year like Fisher is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
4s4 seconds ago

Should be 3/4 weeks on top of what Fish misses.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

No free kick for either incident.

Suspend the umpires too

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

When we play that high pressure defensive game style we are respectable.Well the Hawks pressured the shit out of us and as usual couldn't take our own medicine.If you dish it out ya gotta be able to take it.Or as they say in the sweet science...........anybody can throw a punch,but who can take a punch.................

BUT...........i actually got a couple or two positives out of yesterday.We actually matched them in that kamikaze run and gun first quarter.We once again slaughtered ourselves with NUMEROUS turnovers and poor decision making.We virtually dished it up on a plate to the rampant free wheeling Hawks.Credit to them for taking advantage but talk about shoot yourself in the foot.

The good stuff................Weiters is coming good and at times yesterday he was mercurial in his intercepts
Murphy was super AND WAS FIRST TO REMONSTRATE WITH HOWE.Yes,was quite demonstrative and visibly furious.Good on you Murph.You are gonna be great on that HFF next year.
Kennedy bore in all day and got plenty.Just gotta work harder on getting to the outside.
Lobbe was excellent early till tiring which is understandable with his lack of exposure to first class footy.
Jack Silvagni was very good at times.Read the incoming ball well and got far more of the ball than he usually does.A good sign.
Matt Shaw got plenty of the ball in his second outing with us.He poisoned himself ver well all day and used the ball well.Unfortunately got outmoded in one on one contests.But very encouraging all the same.
Harry also won far more of the ball than he normally does.Threw himself in with more vigour which has been his archives heal.More vigour Harry.Needs to throw himself around and clean somebody up.Kicking atrocious for sure,but a step in the right direction.
Cam Polson was a real busy bee and seemed to put more thought in his disposal.Little terrier.Another one that got more of the ball.
LOB just keeps motoring.Running machine.Another that got more of the ball and for the most part used it quite well.

The worry is Paddy Dow.Just can't get his hands on the pill.Its not for the want of trying coz he continually puts himself in for the ball.Its just a flat spot that he has to fight his way out of.

Remember folks,the Hawks are fighting for there lives and were fully primed ready to kill.That is the sort of game you can learn from.One little slip or lapse of concentration and you are dead meat against the big boys.Our kids put in but those little lapses hear and there cost us.................reckon our kids know they can match it.They just gotta put in 100 % 100 % of the time.Just knuckle down boys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Mickstar wrote:
When we play that high pressure defensive game style we are respectable.Well the Hawks pressured the shit out of us and as usual couldn't take our own medicine.If you dish it out ya gotta be able to take it.Or as they say in the sweet science...........anybody can throw a punch,but who can take a punch.................

BUT...........i actually got a couple or two positives out of yesterday.We actually matched them in that kamikaze run and gun first quarter.We once again slaughtered ourselves with NUMEROUS turnovers and poor decision making.We virtually dished it up on a plate to the rampant free wheeling Hawks.Credit to them for taking advantage but talk about shoot yourself in the foot.

The good stuff................Weiters is coming good and at times yesterday he was mercurial in his intercepts
Murphy was super AND WAS FIRST TO REMONSTRATE WITH HOWE.Yes,was quite demonstrative and visibly furious.Good on you Murph.You are gonna be great on that HFF next year.
Kennedy bore in all day and got plenty.Just gotta work harder on getting to the outside.
Lobbe was excellent early till tiring which is understandable with his lack of exposure to first class footy.
Jack Silvagni was very good at times.Read the incoming ball well and got far more of the ball than he usually does.A good sign.
Matt Shaw got plenty of the ball in his second outing with us.He poisoned himself ver well all day and used the ball well.Unfortunately got outmoded in one on one contests.But very encouraging all the same.
Harry also won far more of the ball than he normally does.Threw himself in with more vigour which has been his archives heal.More vigour Harry.Needs to throw himself around and clean somebody up.Kicking atrocious for sure,but a step in the right direction.
Cam Polson was a real busy bee and seemed to put more thought in his disposal.Little terrier.Another one that got more of the ball.
LOB just keeps motoring.Running machine.Another that got more of the ball and for the most part used it quite well.

The worry is Paddy Dow.Just can't get his hands on the pill.Its not for the want of trying coz he continually puts himself in for the ball.Its just a flat spot that he has to fight his way out of.

Remember folks,the Hawks are fighting for there lives and were fully primed ready to kill.That is the sort of game you can learn from.One little slip or lapse of concentration and you are dead meat against the big boys.Our kids put in but those little lapses hear and there cost us.................reckon our kids know they can match it.They just gotta put in 100 % 100 % of the time.Just knuckle down boys.

Dow was flying before he had a break. Pleased with how he's going. He'll come good again. How much better does Weitering look with a role and stuck among 4 talls lost. He and Marchbank can take the key roles from here. Schumacher was outstanding in the VFL yesterday. Kids as a whole are doing a good job. Recruited well there.

Last edited by jim on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1021319758916927488

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Yep Jim.Dont think this game was a disaster like a couple of outings this year...............and yes Rex,good to see " The Shoe " doing well.Must give this kid a go.He has got ability.That raking left boot is a beauty.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
verbs wrote:

Not only was it blatantly deliberate in that he put out his foot in a kicking motion to trip/ stop Fisher, the umpire called play on.

Surely some of the curent anti Carlton umps are due to retire and be replaced by umpires who have only known Carlton to be copping from umpires, similarly to the ump who was going to give Diesel votes for his last round 45 possession game in 1993, when the anti Carlton/ Diesel umire told him not to.

I wonder what the AFL did about that admission? Nothing. So do something NOW!

The game has gone to shite because umps are so inconsistent with dropping the ball/ incorrect disposal, high tackles, tripping... :mad:

Not to mention the protected area rule and ridiculous rule about naming ruckment at boundary throw ins...AFL ruining the game with their ridiculous rules and pathetic umpiring...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:
Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
4s4 seconds ago

And wasn’t it great carlton dropped him in it by releasing news that fisher had a broken leg...fantatic timing....not just coincidence?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

No Carlton players got a vote from the coaches.
Very surprised Cripps didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
I felt so sad for the Blueboys on Saturday. Within the first 10 minutes I knew the umps were not going to be kind to Carlton. As if the kids were a threat. FMD

I actually thought we got a really good run with the umps for once. I think the 'sympathy' factor might have crept in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next