Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: MLG on SEN 18/07/18
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
And that will be all the media and non carlton folk will take from it.
He just is not suited as a spokesperson for us. The little we gained with SOS was lost. I want SOS to go head to head with Frikkin windbag on 360.
I don'care if he offered the job to Lethlean or not as I could not give a toss about dear Simon and didn't want him anyway. But MLG came off so poorly with that and Gerard sniffed the blood.

Really?

I didnt see it that way.

It showed solidarity to me.

Playing the same tune as SOS. You should have picked up that Key.

:grin:
He just doesn't articulate footy stuff well for mine Bondi. He is good on topics like running the club which is his strength. So not an all around knock on him but I would prefer him to stay away from media.
One thing that is truly puzzling...
Why does he toss out that line
"Losing is unacceptable!" :lol:
Umm..well no actually.
Someone must lose when you play, unless it is a draw..and obviously we do and must accept losing. Weekly actually. :screwy:
(Think that might be my 1st use of screwy icon :razz: )
I mean...if it is truly unacceptable what is he gonna do about it?
Put the club in the naughty corner and feed 'em bread and water?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

He has to repeat those lines to show solidarity from the top level.

Not asking for a draft pick shows commitment to the vision, instead of getting halfway through the process and looking like you are throwing your hands in the air...

It's hard enough doing what they are doing without have a press conference at the end of each day to justify every single thing.

I thought SOS was excellent last Monday, but thought is was a shame he had to swim with the sharks when there is still much more to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Dwayne being his usual flower self on 3AW with MLG.

MLG handled it well enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Trigger wrote:
What is the obsession with bagging everyone within CFC and constantly taking pot shots, posters think it is fine to sit behind a keyboard and regurgitate the same shit over and over again, without looking at themselves. Miserable people who obviously have no idea how to run a club, probably wouldn't know how to run to the toilet.
They are trying to resurrect the club to past glories , whether they are right or wrong at least they having a go , not talking shit!!

so now as fans and members, who financially help keep the club afloat, we should hand out participation medals to cfc for trying hard?

with our last two decades of on field results and off field developing and injury management, tanking for kruezer, breaking the salary cap, hiring malthouse, letting eddie go, buying dale thomas etc etc ... we have a right to call bullshit on the club when they're getting seemingly everything so wrong.

we've hired a rookie coach, a rookie president and a rookie CEO and we have exactly one win on the season - possibly we lack the experience and knowledge in key areas of the club, which is why we're so bad on the field across all three of our teams; womens, mens seniors and reserves??

the club has painted a huge target on itself over the last 20 years; so we're hardly sitting here taking potshots.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:14 am 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
Trigger wrote:
What is the obsession with bagging everyone within CFC and constantly taking pot shots, posters think it is fine to sit behind a keyboard and regurgitate the same shit over and over again, without looking at themselves. Miserable people who obviously have no idea how to run a club, probably wouldn't know how to run to the toilet.
They are trying to resurrect the club to past glories , whether they are right or wrong at least they having a go , not talking shit!!

so now as fans and members, who financially help keep the club afloat, we should hand out participation medals to cfc for trying hard?

with our last two decades of on field results and off field developing and injury management, tanking for kruezer, breaking the salary cap, hiring malthouse, letting eddie go, buying dale thomas etc etc ... we have a right to call bullshit on the club when they're getting seemingly everything so wrong.

we've hired a rookie coach, a rookie president and a rookie CEO and we have exactly one win on the season - possibly we lack the experience and knowledge in key areas of the club, which is why we're so bad on the field across all three of our teams; womens, mens seniors and reserves??

the club has painted a huge target on itself over the last 20 years; so we're hardly sitting here taking potshots.

So now they are getting everything wrong are they, you have no idea have you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

2 wins in 26 games
nearly 3 years since we last scored 100 pts
womens and mens wooden spoons, while the Ants are second last.

footy is really simple. you play to win, and when you're wins are as far apart as ours, yes – we're getting it wrong.

maybe you just like losing mate ... i'm not judging you for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:46 am 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
2 wins in 26 games

footy is really simple. you play to win, and when you're wins are as far apart as ours, yes – we're getting it wrong.

We all know we play to win, yes we have made incompetent decisions along the way and i wish we were winning but sometimes reality sets in and when you see the cattle going out there each week it is understandable.
Nearly every one of your posts on here is just regurgitating the same negative crap over and over again. Don't you get sick of it ? Well i doubt i am not the only one who is!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:50 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

the only thing i get sick of is, watching carlton play with no effort on the field and not much direction off it.

if you want sunshine and lollipops, Richmond offer plenty.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
Braithy wrote:
2 wins in 26 games

We all know we play to win, yes we have made incompetent decisions along the way and i wish we were winning but sometimes reality sets in and when you see the cattle going out there each week it is understandable.
Nearly every one of your posts on here is just regurgitating the same negative crap over and over again. Don't you get sick of it ? Well i doubt i am not the only one who is!
Nearly everyone of your post is having a go at another poster who happens to be a tad annoyed at the current situation the club is in.
The idea in these forums is to attrack the content not the poster.
The moment you set on the poster you have lost the argument.
There are several here that do that

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 am 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Braithy wrote:
2 wins in 26 games

Nearly everyone of your post is having a go at another poster who happens to be a tad annoyed at the current situation the club is in.

I am not having an argument, just pointing out that i am sick of the the constant negative crap.
So i have lost the argument i did not have, :lol: :clap: :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 am 
Bob Chitty

Braithy wrote:
the only thing i get sick of is, watching carlton play with no effort on the field and not much direction off it.

The whole point of this week's media blitz is to be very clear about the direction and plan the club is taking. I would have thought that was unmissable.
They are doing exactly what they said two and a half years ago they would do in terms of the list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Braithy wrote:
2 wins in 26 games

I am not having an argument, just pointing out that i am sick of the the constant negative crap.
Well dont read it
Simple isn't it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:34 am 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Braithy wrote:
2 wins in 26 games

Well dont read it
Simple isn't it

I actually try not to but it amuses and annoys me both at the same time as to how far removed from reality some posters are!

Quick question for you, have you ever been involved in a total rebuild of a sporting organisation and or playing list ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BigGartos wrote:
Braithy wrote:

The whole point of this week's media blitz is to be very clear about the direction and plan the club is taking. I would have thought that was unmissable.
They are doing exactly what they said two and a half years ago they would do in terms of the list.

over the last 20 years carlton has fed us the appropriate sound bytes and talked the talk. but none of that has translated to successful on field action. because i choose to be dubious of the plan and its chances for success, that doesn't make me any less of a supporter than someone who laps it all up with little to no critical thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
We should have quit while we were ahead after SOS on Monday night. :lol:

He might be a great pres (I wouldn't know either way) but he's not a great speaker in my opinion. Bit too robotic / rehearsed. The Simon Lethleen part was a bit cringeworthy.

I don't think we heard the same interview.

We you expecting a confident Trump like performance, or a media savvy Eddie Maguire or Kevin Rudd?

Individuals are all different, just like our opinion of his performance, and if you expect a particular performance then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

We are all this together. Everyone. Learn to deal with it.

I heard what I wanted from the horse's mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:
Why wouldn't he just say there was one formal offer for the ceo role and that was accepted by Liddle. He just muddied the waters further...not that I really care.

Because he's hopeless. He's had countless hours of media training in an attempt to bring him up to speed and falls over at every hurdle. Is he a bad President? No. Could/should the Carlton Football Club do better? Yes.

Who's the could and who is the should?

Same comment can apply to every off field position in the industry.
There's always room for improvement.
It aint such a big deal.

There's no fall out in the media today.
Its Carlton supporters who dont feel good about their club to start with.

I want him to finish what HE started: the journey to 17th.
Nothing else matters.

Good to read we have increased our Footy Dept spend.
I'd like to see more, but then I guess we are paying for other Footy Depts (equalisation policy)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 am 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:

I must be blind, because I don't see players playing without effort. I think the players for the most part are giving their all.

What I do see is a lot of lost players, playing with teammates that they don't know well enough to trust what they are going to do, playing in a position that is foreign to them and as a consequence, always look reactive. A bit like the sydney fans at SCG, they don't get off their seats until after the play not in anticipation of it.

If this is your only measure of effort/passion then I am afraid there is no hope for you :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 am 
Harry Vallence

Steve_C7 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

I must be blind, because I don't see players playing without effort. I think the players for the most part are giving their all.

What I do see is a lot of lost players, playing with teammates that they don't know well enough to trust what they are going to do, playing in a position that is foreign to them and as a consequence, always look reactive. A bit like the sydney fans at SCG, they don't get off their seats until after the play not in anticipation of it.

If this is your only measure of effort/passion then I am afraid there is no hope for you :sad:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:
Why wouldn't he just say there was one formal offer for the ceo role and that was accepted by Liddle. He just muddied the waters further...not that I really care.

Because he's hopeless. He's had countless hours of media training in an attempt to bring him up to speed and falls over at every hurdle. Is he a bad President? No. Could/should the Carlton Football Club do better? Yes.

Who's the could and who is the should?

Same comment can apply to every off field position in the industry.
There's always room for improvement.
It aint such a big deal.

There's no fall out in the media today.
Its Carlton supporters who dont feel good about their club to start with.

I want him to finish what HE started: the journey to 17th.
Nothing else matters.

Good to read we have increased our Footy Dept spend.
I'd like to see more, but then I guess we are paying for other Footy Depts (equalisation policy)

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
And that will be all the media and non carlton folk will take from it.
He just is not suited as a spokesperson for us. The little we gained with SOS was lost. I want SOS to go head to head with Frikkin windbag on 360.
I don'care if he offered the job to Lethlean or not as I could not give a toss about dear Simon and didn't want him anyway. But MLG came off so poorly with that and Gerard sniffed the blood.

Really?

I didnt see it that way.

It showed solidarity to me.

Playing the same tune as SOS. You should have picked up that Key.

:grin:
He just doesn't articulate footy stuff well for mine Bondi. He is good on topics like running the club which is his strength. So not an all around knock on him but I would prefer him to stay away from media.
One thing that is truly puzzling...
Why does he toss out that line
"Losing is unacceptable!" :lol:
Umm..well no actually.
Someone must lose when you play, unless it is a draw..and obviously we do and must accept losing. Weekly actually. :screwy:
(Think that might be my 1st use of screwy icon :razz: )
I mean...if it is truly unacceptable what is he gonna do about it?
Put the club in the naughty corner and feed 'em bread and water?

They are your words not his.
That's not reality. Your imagination is drifting away from the facts.
It's not the way to judge people...putting words in their mouth.

MLG is Carlton through and through, and I bet he doesn't say anything like you suggested.