Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: MLG on SEN 18/07/18
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:
Trigger wrote:
What is the obsession with bagging everyone within CFC and constantly taking pot shots, posters think it is fine to sit behind a keyboard and regurgitate the same shit over and over again, without looking at themselves. Miserable people who obviously have no idea how to run a club, probably wouldn't know how to run to the toilet.
They are trying to resurrect the club to past glories , whether they are right or wrong at least they having a go , not talking shit!!

so now as fans and members, who financially help keep the club afloat, we should hand out participation medals to cfc for trying hard?

with our last two decades of on field results and off field developing and injury management, tanking for kruezer, breaking the salary cap, hiring malthouse, letting eddie go, buying dale thomas etc etc ... we have a right to call bullshit on the club when they're getting seemingly everything so wrong.

we've hired a rookie coach, a rookie president and a rookie CEO and we have exactly one win on the season - possibly we lack the experience and knowledge in key areas of the club, which is why we're so bad on the field across all three of our teams; womens, mens seniors and reserves??

the club has painted a huge target on itself over the last 20 years; so we're hardly sitting here taking potshots.

Let it go Braithy. Its 2018.
You're scarred by the past events...see highlighted.
I'm worried about you. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

ha! don't worry about me. I'm fine.

I kinda worry about all you blokes if the next few years are as bad as the last few.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
[quote="Braithy"]2 wins in 26 games
nearly 3 years since we last scored 100 pts
womens and mens wooden spoons, while the Ants are second last.

footy is really simple. you play to win, and when you're wins are as far apart as ours, yes – we're getting it wrong.

maybe you just like losing mate ... i'm not judging you for it.

We all know we play to win, yes we have made incompetent decisions along the way and i wish we were winning but sometimes reality sets in and when you see the cattle going out there each week it is understandable.
Nearly every one of your posts on here is just regurgitating the same negative crap over and over again. Don't you get sick of it ? Well i doubt i am not the only one who is!
Nearly everyone of your post is having a go at another poster who happens to be a tad annoyed at the current situation the club is in.
The idea in these forums is to attrack the content not the poster.
The moment you set on the poster you have lost the argument.
There are several here that do that

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I am not having an argument, just pointing out that i am sick of the the constant negative crap.
So i have lost the argument i did not have, :lol: :clap: :lol: :roll:
Well dont read it
Simple isn't it

I actually try not to but it amuses and annoys me both at the same time as to how far removed from reality some posters are!

Quick question for you, have you ever been involved in a total rebuild of a sporting organisation and or playing list ?[/quote]Well Trigger I was poached out of current company 15 years ago.
I went into a business unit that was turning 1 mill a year and within the space of 3 years we turning 4 mill and after 10 years 6 mill
5 years ago I was poached back they were turning 20 mill and had losses of 1.5 mill
5 years on we are now doing 40 mill with EBIT of 4.7 million and staff levels have increased by 40 %
Have I rebuilt a sporting club no
Have I rebuilt a business yes I have
And managed to do it with out turning over a lot of staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

actually try not to but it amuses and annoys me both at the same time as to how far removed from reality some posters are!

Quick question for you, have you ever been involved in a total rebuild of a sporting organisation and or playing list ?[/quote]Well Trigger I was poached out of current company 15 years ago.
I went into a business unit that was turning 1 mill a year and within the space of 3 years we turning 4 mill and after 10 years 6 mill
5 years ago I was poached back they were turning 20 mill and had losses of 1.5 mill
5 years on we are now doing 40 mill with EBIT of 4.7 million and staff levels have increased by 40 %
And managed to do it with out turning over a lot of staff.

So the answer is no, thankyou.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

My only issue is that we look reactive. I agree with MLG that he shouldn't be out there in the media spot light, but when things are not running to plan it is not unpredictable that the press are going to come looking for a story and it always looks better to be on the front foot and sell the message early rather than try and defend the message. This is what Trigg was good at and Liddle?? well I haven't heard him speak at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
actually try not to but it amuses and annoys me both at the same time as to how far removed from reality some posters are!

Quick question for you, have you ever been involved in a total rebuild of a sporting organisation and or playing list ?
Well Trigger I was poached out of current company 15 years ago.

So the answer is no, thankyou.[/quote]Have you Trigger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

the urinal test....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:

Quick question for you, have you ever been involved in a total rebuild of a sporting organisation and or playing list ?
Well Trigger I was poached out of current company 15 years ago.

So the answer is no, thankyou.
Have you Trigger

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk[/quote]
Actually i have , state league soccer club, both as captain and then captain coach and being part of the committee.
it took us 6 years to rebuild a young team, there were plenty of ups and downs, depressing moments with the young players, relegated twice, supporters bagging the coaches and committee we just kept on having faith and put structures in place which some worked some didn't. Then in year 6 we won the state premiership, the following year we were runners up, and then won 4 straight, not including preseason cups and statewide cups.
We totally rebuilt the club from money hungry mercenaries, to guys who wanted to play for the love of being part of the club. We were mates off the field and on, that is what i see with our guys at cfc. It sounds like they want to be there, that is a start!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27 pm 
Bob Chitty

Braithy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Braithy wrote:
the only thing i get sick of is, watching carlton play with no effort on the field and not much direction off it.

if you want sunshine and lollipops, Richmond offer plenty.

The whole point of this week's media blitz is to be very clear about the direction and plan the club is taking. I would have thought that was unmissable.
They are doing exactly what they said two and a half years ago they would do in terms of the list.

over the last 20 years carlton has fed us the appropriate sound bytes and talked the talk. but none of that has translated to successful on field action. because i choose to be dubious of the plan and its chances for success, that doesn't make me any less of a supporter than someone who laps it all up with little to no critical thinking.

The only bit of your post that is relevant to my comments is you being dubious of the plan. And you are absolutely entitled to not agree with that plan.
But what I said is fact.
And I made no comment about about your love of the club and nor should you make unclassy statements about me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigGartos wrote:
Braithy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Braithy wrote:
the only thing i get sick of is, watching carlton play with no effort on the field and not much direction off it.

The whole point of this week's media blitz is to be very clear about the direction and plan the club is taking. I would have thought that was unmissable.
They are doing exactly what they said two and a half years ago they would do in terms of the list.

over the last 20 years carlton has fed us the appropriate sound bytes and talked the talk. but none of that has translated to successful on field action. because i choose to be dubious of the plan and its chances for success, that doesn't make me any less of a supporter than someone who laps it all up with little to no critical thinking.

The only bit of your post that is relevant to my comments is you being dubious of the plan. And you are absolutely entitled to not agree with that plan.
But what I said is fact.
And I made no comment about about your love of the club and nor should you make unclassy statements about me.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BigGartos wrote:
Braithy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Braithy wrote:

But what I said is fact.

i was generalising mate ... not directing the 'lack of critical thinking' bit straight at you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigGartos wrote:
Braithy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Braithy wrote:

But what I said is fact.

Funny things happen on public forums.
Pressure builds.

Thanks for your input big fella :thumbsup: