Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Coach B wrote:
SEN still reporting Lloyds brother favourite to be new footy manager.

Maybe thats what SOS was referring to when he said culture can disappear in 24 hours!

CB

Or maybe a veiled dig at the Essendon* drugs regime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AIRCAV wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
FWIW, most responses I’ve had today from non Carlton people have been overwhelmingly positive re SOS last night. Very little praise is thrown our way here.

Might be our last win for the year.

Yep, a lot of my non Blues mates very happy to see him stick it to Caro, as they’ve all been victims of one of her “my thources ...” fiction.
Oh except the Tiger fans who think we are all too hard on her because of her gender. Did try and point out how easy she has always been on the Tigers, especially when they were rubbish.

That genuinely made me chortle :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

robertbb wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Oh and I hope people took note of his clear explanation that the likes of O'Shea and Mullett were brought in to help our young players in the VFL. They were never intended to play AFL.

In particular I hope O'Shea and Mullett took note.

You would think if SOS said that publicly, the players he was referring to would have already known that. If not, poor form to say that publicly IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ockham's Razor wrote:
keogh wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
Hey Keogh,

It was a joke, hence the wink.

They obviously don't see enough lower league games from your perspective. You should contact the club and offer to volunteer. You never know, you may unearth the next least worst list clogger.

How many games do they see

I give up, how many?

What's the right number they should see, and which particular leagues? All games, each week, each league?

In other words you don’t know if they
Have got it covered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Coach B wrote:
SEN still reporting Lloyds brother favourite to be new footy manager.

Maybe thats what SOS was referring to when he said culture can disappear in 24 hours!

CB

Ouch!.. (Re culture disappearing)

I have a feeling he'd be great. Founded on nothing but intuition. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:22 pm 
Serge Silvagni

That interview was probably the best 20 minutes of television you will see this week. SOS is a legend. He is one of the reasons that I still follow this great club.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
keogh wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
Hey Keogh,

They obviously don't see enough lower league games from your perspective. You should contact the club and offer to volunteer. You never know, you may unearth the next least worst list clogger.

I give up, how many?

What's the right number they should see, and which particular leagues? All games, each week, each league?

Have got it covered

No.

I know the answer, however, no matter what I or others say you will put a negative spin on it. You will see & say only whatever you want the narrative to be. Your reality is all that matters.

On this basis, the wiser option is to seek your guidance rather than inform you of the facts. You lack informed insights yet you constantly criticise.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Seriously Keogh, you're sooking about a player that was selected with the last pick in the @#$%&! draft!
Yes Geelong selected Tom Stewart. They also gave up pick 21 for Rhys Stanley, a first round pick for Lachlan Henderson, 2 third rounders for Zac Smith and a late pick for Aaron Black.

It's an inexact science and if you think having Cam O'Shea as our 42nd player impacts on our list to any reasonable extent, you need to give it away. If there are so many gems running around in the bush, where are they?
You've given us Tom Stewart and who? If Cam O'Shea was running around in the bush, he'd be far superior to 99.5% of the players there.
He's there to provide leadership and a bigger body to protect the kids. Get some perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
Loved it, shoved it up Caro and Dimwit.
Was he aggressive? My oath but what he said he reminded everyone of the facts, the reasoning and the opportunities that we took.
Personally I think he has done a very good job of trading and recruiting up until the last three we all have a beef with. Wrong type of players we needed.
He was right in many fronts last night. He doesn’t need to justify anything to the masses. They have explained the plan to the supporters/ members and that’s it. Like he said which other list manager does interviews to justify their picks, !@#$% off.
I love sos back home. He went away did his apprenticeship at the saints and giants then came home. Who gives a flier if he is mates with the pres if he does his job well then that has no bearing. If he is a great of the club then that is even better. He picked up Jack around sixty, so what. Bargain. Another stupid remark was if he gave him advice or something to that affect. Of course he gives him advice. A 300 game legend, father and recruiter might have some knowledge of the game and imparts some wisdom to his playing son. Why the !~@34 would you want someone like that to share his insight for any of your players.

I think he was great last night, defiant, accurate and full of spirit.
SOS is how Carlton was, !@#$ the rest.
Somehow we forgot the real Carlton but hopefully SOS is the one piece of the puzzle to bringing it back.

Just a thought about the Jack Silvagni draft pick. Remember? The Drug Cheats bid for him. If we didn't match the bid then he ends up on the Druggies list.

Even if he turns into a complete "Elmer Fudd" for Carlton I'm happy with that pick. I would have been happy using pick 1 to keep him away from those Red and Black &^%*@s.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:58 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
Seriously Keogh, you're sooking about a player that was selected with the last pick in the @#$%&! draft!
Yes Geelong selected Tom Stewart. They also gave up pick 21 for Rhys Stanley, a first round pick for Lachlan Henderson, 2 third rounders for Zac Smith and a late pick for Aaron Black.

It's an inexact science and if you think having Cam O'Shea as our 42nd player impacts on our list to any reasonable extent, you need to give it away. If there are so many gems running around in the bush, where are they?
You've given us Tom Stewart and who? If Cam O'Shea was running around in the bush, he'd be far superior to 99.5% of the players there.
He's there to provide leadership and a bigger body to protect the kids. Get some perspective.

Not to forget they also roookied Crameri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:02 pm 
John Nicholls

Keyser, it was a joke between Dodoro and SOS (they are mates, believe it or not). The bid * put in was nothing more than a friendly slap on the shoulder - it did not (nor was it going to) have any affect on how the draft played out in any meaningful way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

AIRCAV wrote:
Lloyd challenged him on the GWS trades. SOS then packaged up what the deal was, then turned it to Lloyd and said, would you do that deal?

Monga had nothing.

Non blues mates very happy to see Caro completely flustered.

SOS smashed her on the Trigg saga and essentially called her a liar for saying he was one of the “henchman “.

The final dig was at Lloyd about having his brother (list manager at Freo) on the show. “We might see your brother on here once” and then “there’s a lot of conflicts in footy”

Loved it!!!!

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ockham's Razor wrote:
keogh wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
keogh wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
Hey Keogh,

I give up, how many?

Have got it covered

No.

I know the answer, however, no matter what I or others say you will put a negative spin on it. You will see & say only whatever you want the narrative to be. Your reality is all that matters.

On this basis, the wiser option is to seek your guidance rather than inform you of the facts. You lack informed insights yet you constantly criticise.

That’s the worst post I ve ever resd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:

I actually think Geelong and Hawthorn are going about things the wrong way
To win a flag you pretty much have to start from the ground up

Clarkson and Scott are prolonging the inevitable
7 flags combined makes you greedy

I actually agree with the philosophy the clubs taking
For the first time we have some decent talent
My negativity lies in the fact that Silvangi has replaced spuds
With spuds which doesn’t help one iota and
That has been exposed because of all the injuries

Here are some names for ya
Thompson
Zac Williams
Billy Gowers who we had
Bayley Fritsch
Like Ryan
Caleb Daniel
Mitch Hannah
Ben Brown
Sam Lloyd
Mihocek
Lambert

All VFL late bloomers except for Williams and Thompson

Off course the other poster says where all over looking into
The various high powered country leagues but won’t convey the
Info because I’m too negative
Off course you have to surround mature bodies
With young kids
But not OShea Mullettand Shaw

Stewart was noticed by Scarlett because he
Played and coached there
I lived in Geelong for 20 years
It’s a strong competition but it and other comps
Are neglected by the recruiters of AFL clubs

That will change in time because a competitive
Environment brings change if you can derive any benefit
From it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Really liked SOS defending himself and the club although I thought he started uncomfortably but finished with his head held high.

But disappointed he didn't answer that the club are in it together from the start of the interview and he is supporting the coach instead of attacking them back by asking what other list manager has to come out and support the coach! All he had to do back Bolton first then have a crack back and that would have shut Caro up (for at least 5 sec).

We do have a massive problem with the lack of quality by getting these delisted free agents and the Giants discards that are no better then the players getting delisted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Hip Hip Hooray.............At last...........someone from our great club came out swinging.Effing loved it myself.Ok bit agro for sure,but better that than let those effing vultures dictate.Proud of you SOS.Hope to see a lot more of you in the media ( list manager or not )...........i reckon that will give SOS a lot more confidence and maybe iron out a couple of chinks in his style.But definitely keep the aggression going.We have been pushed from pillar to post by these would be if they could be punks for far too long and i could not be more thrilled.

The Carlton Football Club............Now Always Forever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

How about put answering or's questions he put to you eaerlier on and stop crapping on and changing the narrative.

I actually think Geelong and Hawthorn are going about things the wrong way
To win a flag you pretty much have to start from the ground up

Clarkson and Scott are prolonging the inevitable
7 flags combined makes you greedy

I actually agree with the philosophy the clubs taking
For the first time we have some decent talent
My negativity lies in the fact that Silvangi has replaced spuds
With spuds which doesn’t help one iota and
That has been exposed because of all the injuries

Here are some names for ya
Thompson
Zac Williams
Billy Gowers who we had
Bayley Fritsch
Like Ryan
Caleb Daniel
Mitch Hannah
Ben Brown
Sam Lloyd
Mihocek
Lambert

All VFL late bloomers except for Williams and Thompson

Off course the other poster says where all over looking into
The various high powered country leagues but won’t convey the
Info because I’m too negative
Off course you have to surround mature bodies
With young kids
But not OShea Mullettand Shaw

Stewart was noticed by Scarlett because he
Played and coached there
I lived in Geelong for 20 years
It’s a strong competition but it and other comps
Are neglected by the recruiters of AFL clubs

That will change in time because a competitive
Environment brings change if you can derive any benefit
From it

How about answering or's questions he put to you earlier on and stop crapping on and changing the narrative.

Answer his questions.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
I wish I coulld see it...

Have sent link via messenger about ten mins ago

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 pm 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
BIBI01 wrote:
After tonight if anyone can't see what the plan was and still is, they will never get it, this is a marathon not a sprint .

I totaLly agree
But we are coming from such a long way due to the baffoons who
Ran the club prior to ML G took over
No stone should be left unturned in getting the right players
To the club
So far I’m am less than convinced even given the mess
Silvangi inherited

What's for dinner tonight Keogh?
Lasange, ngocchi or Spaghetti Bolongese?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Mickstar wrote:
Hip Hip Hooray.............At last...........someone from our great club came out swinging.Effing loved it myself.Ok bit agro for sure,but better that than let those effing vultures dictate.Proud of you SOS.Hope to see a lot more of you in the media ( list manager or not )...........i reckon that will give SOS a lot more confidence and maybe iron out a couple of chinks in his style.But definitely keep the aggression going.We have been pushed from pillar to post by these would be if they could be punks for far too long and i could not be more thrilled.

The Carlton Football Club............Now Always Forever.

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next